Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 2.0 (Some Ideas)

SteaKnight-X

Hello my dear Tenno fellows,

Before someone starts hating. This are just some suggestions.^^

Actually I liked the idea in the description of Volt:

" Volt can create and harness electrical elements.

-This is a high-damage warframe

-perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay. "
But as we all know, from mid to late game this totally doesn't work.

And I don't even mind it (still makes fun to play him^^)

Guys, It my be a bit much text, but pls read everything before you jugde^^
I think this would help Volt a lot
I dont want to remove the first 3 Skills(mostly aiming for his ult)

So now to my suggestions for a Rework:

-Main Kit-

Ability 1:

I Think right now we can leave this ability as it is. Not bad to stun enemies while reloading.^^

Ability 2:

Speed is Actually very good. Even if I don't like the fact that Volt isn't the fastest with this Ability (

lightning speed)

But maybe this is something for a later diskussion :P

Look under new concept for more info

Ability 3: 

Best abilty in my opinion*_*

But I still would suggest a little tweak;

Going to put this in the new concept down below

This is more an idea I was playing around with. It can stay the same, if no one likes it^^

Instead I would like it to be a sphere.

I know what you guys are thinking. "We have Frost.... Frost has snow globe... we dont need two globes."And You are right. We dont need an electric version of Frost.

I want Volts globe to be very small.(So small only one person can fit in) Very egoistic you say? Well I think this was the actual intention behind electric shield. To give volt some survivability.

Having this sphere doesn't mean you cant use it to defend an objective or a team mate.

But I think this ability should be primaly for Volt himself.

It still can be casted multiple times.(for your squad or objectives)

The animation could be: Volt touching the ground and his electric sphere spawns around him.

Ofcourse the traits "electric shield" has right now should be kept for electric sphere. 

May be add the trait that enemies trying to get in get shocked? (Let me know what you think about it).

The whole Idea behind it was to save some casting time.

Spamming 4 to 5 Shields around you at once (=saved some cating time, but a little smaller at all)

New(and current) Concept/Idea for Abilty 4 :!!!!!!!

So, what if Overload was a mode, that when activated overloads your abilities

New Overload

-10/20/30s Duration

-initial energy cost = 40

-increased cost for all abilties (look down below for more info)

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Overloaded Abilties:

Overloaded Shock 

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-Now casts multiple acrs.(Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot")
-Every arc can chain to other enemies.
-Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg 

Overloaded Speed 

-alternate changes-

Alternate Ability 4:

Lets be honest. Overload looks very cool and in early game it can wreck everyone. But in mid- to late game  it just says: "Here I am, kill me very quick" Even the fact that it loses dmg once you used it in a specific room.

Just forget about boosting the damage or casting speed. We need something else.
Keep the name Overload, because for my suggestion it really fits.
Now instead of overloading his environment, he should overload his and his team squad's weapons.
What nearly everyone wanted for speed could become true for his new 4th ability.
Overloading the Weapons:
-triggerspeed is boosted
-travel time for bullets, arrows etc. is boosted

-reload speed? depends on how OP this would be

2nd Alternate 4th ability:

Alternative change(less work)

Everything stays at it is. Decrease the dmg of overload or even remove it( I know......"dafuq is this dude talking about?" ^^)
Make the current Speed also affect casting time

All in all I think with this new kit Volt abilties would pefectly match with eachother like they do on the new excalibur right now. So this would make him more useful in late game.
I know I know,  most of you Volt players out there like I am can stand their ground in late game. But I think this would make him the damage support that he actually is.

Hope you guys like my suggestion.
And that the Volt rework could be next after Frost^^
Saryn and Valkyr are next

Edit:

Censium

Mentioned an idea, from what i think would be very cool.:
Volts defensive stat is his shield(150). But sometimes (especially in late game) the recharge time can be a pain in the ***

So this is my idea:

Volt overloads the suits of every frame of the Squad(himself included)

Adding:

-bonus shield

-an accelerated recharge time for it

-timer for recharge is decreased (or =0)

-if the shield gets depleted, the frame emits a electricity wave, releasing the rest of the overcharged energy(like a small ver. of the current overload)

The strenght and range of the small overload, decreases as the timer for the ability goes down

(If the ability for example lasts 30 seconds and only 20 secs are left when the shield depletes, the small overload has  only 66% of his stats. If 10 secs are left while the shield blows away, only 33% of the small overload is emited.

(actual cost)+ 15 energy

-You're affected stronger by speed

(plus 10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff:

-If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30%(at rank3) of your 50%  = 65%)

-This extra boost only affects Volt

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

Overloaded Shield 

(actual cost)+ 30 energy

-Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere, that has the same traits.

-Overload allows interaction with shield(shooting Shock trough e-shield/sphere allows crit and improves the range)

-Enemies that come in contact with the overloaded e-shield/sphere are shocked

How it looks:

(But much smaller)

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere)

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Aside from the general use of Overload, Volt does not need a rework, at all. Not even close. He's an almost perfect mix of mobility, damage, defense and utility, and electric proc stuns as a whole are vastly underrated.

An outdated description of a frame should not be the decider on whether or not they get changed.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Speed is volt's best ability because it's versatile. Idk what you're talking about in terms of speed being bad. It buffs movement speed, fire rate AND does it for the whole team. 

You're right about speed clashing with electric shield, but your solution sounds horribly overpowered. No matter where volt fires he gets damage amp?! And No matter what he does he's immune to incoming projectiles?! Sounds broken. 

The second suggestion for the fourth ability is a bit better than the current overload, but isn't perfect either. 

Edited by Jamescell

Aside from the general use of Overload, Volt does not need a rework, at all. Not even close. He's an almost perfect mix of mobility, damage, defense and utility, and electric proc stuns as a whole are vastly underrated.

Like you've said. "Almost".

I just wanted to add some little tweaking.

The first 3 abilties are actually pefect. Just the last one doesn't seem to fit^^

An outdated description of a frame should not be the decider on whether or not they get changed.

I meant that I would like him to be that way, but unfortunatly we won't get this kind of a frame.

The stated kit would be the same, with a little tweaking^^

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Speed is volt's best ability because it's versatile. Idk what you're talking about in terms of speed being bad. It buffs movement speed, fire rate AND does it for the whole team. 

You're right about speed clashing with electric shield, but your solution sounds horribly overpowered. No matter where volt fires he gets damage amp?! And No matter what he does he's immune to incoming projectiles?! Sounds broken. 

The second suggestion for the fourth ability is a bit better than the current overload, but isn't perfect either. 

Î said that Speed is bad? Dude this is second best if not the best abilty in his kit.

And the current E-shield does actually the same, the suggestion would just save you some casting time(multiple casts to get th the same result^^)

I actually would not mind if shield stays the same(best abilty in my opinion) 

Overload needs a rework though

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Augment mod for Electric Shield:
Volt makes shield half of the oryginal size and half of the duration, 15 seconds , but it goes with him in front of him.  So you have Shield for yourself while moving.

-Smaller shield, and you can move with that, so when you move people cant use it.
-short duration.
+Instant defending yourself in front of you from gunfire.

Augment mod for Electric Shield:

Volt makes shield half of the oryginal size and half of the duration, 15 seconds , but it goes with him in front of him.  So you have Shield for yourself while moving.

-Smaller shield, and you can move with that, so when you move people cant use it.

-short duration.

+Instant defending yourself in front of you from gunfire.

Cool idea.

Would a second cast make the old shield stand on one point?

Hello my dear Tenno fellows,

Before someone starts hating. This are just some suggestions.^^

Actually I liked the idea in the description of Volt: " Volt can create and harness electrical elements.

-This is a high-damage warframe

-perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay. "

But as we all know, from mid to late game this totally doesn't work.

So now to my suggestions for a Rework:

Ability 1:

I Think right now we can leave this ability as it is. Not bad to stun enemies while reloading.^^

Ability 2:

Speed is Actually very good. Even if I don't like the fact that Volt isn't the fastest with this Ability (

lightning speed)

But maybe this is something for a later diskussion :P

Ability 3: This is more an idea I was playing around with. It can stay the same, if no one likes it^^

Electric Shield ... What can I say about that ability. This is the point which makes Volt driving on two different roads. Dont get me wrong I totally love this ability. This thing + the Amprex (

Just let the magic happen).

But forcing Volt to defend an objective isn't very offensive, is it? And if you dont have a wall behind you you need to cast it at least twice... so no one shoots you in the back. 

Instead I would like it to be a sphere.

I know what you guys are thinking. "We have Frost.... Frost has snow globe... we dont need two globes."And You are right. We dont need an electric version of Frost.

I want Volts globe to be very small.(So small only one person can fit in) Very egoistic you say? Well I think this was the actual intention behind electric shield. To give volt some survivability.

Having this sphere doesn't mean you cant use it to defend an objective or a team mate.

But I think this ability should be primaly for Volt himself.

It still can be casted multiple times.(for your squad or objectives)

The animation could be: Volt touching the ground and his electric sphere spawns around him.

Ofcourse the traits "electric shield" has right now should be kept for electric sphere. 

May be add the trait that enemies trying to get in get shocked? (Let me know what you think about it).

The whole Idea behind it was to save some casting time.

Spamming 4 to 5 Shields around you at once (saved some cating time, but a little smaller at all)

Ability 4:

Lets be honest. Overload looks very cool and in early game it can wreck everyone. But in mid- to late game  it just says: "

Here I am, kill me very quick" Even the fact that it loses dmg once you used it in a specific room.

Just forget about boosting the damage or casting speed. We need something else.

Keep the name Overload, because for my suggestion it really fits.

Now instead of overloading his environment, he should overload his and his team squad's weapons.

What nearly everyone wanted for speed could become true for his new 4th ability.

Overloading the Weapons:

-triggerspeed is boosted

-travel time for bullets, arrows etc. is boosted

-reload speed? depends on how OP this would be

As you guys can see, I did not wrote which damage values the new abilities should have. Because I really like Volt and i dont want him to be OP^^

So I would like to see what you think about my suggestions and may be give me some suggestions to my suggestions.

Like Values for triggerboost or travel time boost.

Alternate 4th ability:

Edit:

Censium

Mentioned an idea, from what i think would be very cool.:

Volts defensive stat is his shield(150). But sometimes (especially in late game) the recharge time can be a pain in the ***

So this is my idea:

Volt overloads the suits of every frame of the Squad(himself included)

Adding:

-bonus shield

-an accelerated recharge time for it

-timer for recharge is decreased (or =0)

-if the shield gets depleted, the frame emits a electricity wave, releasing the rest of the overcharged energy(like a small ver. of the current overload)

The strenght and range of the small overload, decreases as the timer for the ability goes down

(If the ability for example lasts 30 seconds and only 20 secs are left when the shield depletes, the small overload has  only 66% of his stats. If 10 secs are left while the shield blows away, only 33% of the small overload is emited.

Alternative change(less work)

Everything stays at it is. Decrease the dmg of overload or even remove it( I know......"dafuq is this dude talking about?" ^^)

Make the current Speed also affect casting time

All in all I think with this new kit Volt abilties would pefectly match with eachother like they do on the new excalibur right now. So this would make him more useful in late game.

I know I know,  most of you Volt players out there like I am can stand their ground in late game. But I think this would make him the damage support that he actually is.

Hope you guys like my suggestion.

And that the Volt rework could be next after Frost^^

A thing i might add for Volt would be instead of his electric sphere being stationary like frost's it should be glued to volt, allowing volt to protect himself, giving some difference between snow globe and electric shield, as well as giving volt that extra survivability, and that globe might not be as effective against melee which makes sense, kinda like shattering shield for mesa. Another nice thing would be if enemies took damage while trying to use melee on volt with his shield up, like the shield damages anyone attempting to pass through it.

Edited by Demonfr34k

You all have good points my dear fellows,

A thing i might add for Volt would be instead of his electric sphere being stationary like forst's it should be glued to volt, allowing volt to protect himself, giving some difference between snow globe and electric shield, as well as giving volt that extra surviablitiy, and that globe mgiht not be as effective against melee which makes sense, kinda like shattering shield for mesa. Another nice thing would be if enemies took damage while trying to use melee on volt with his shield up, like the shield damages anyone attempting to pass through it.

I like this idea a lot, 
but TGKazein also right 
(Thx for appreciating my suggestions^^)

I think his shield is fine just as it is. You can shield allies with it and provides any ally with a means of increasing their damage as well. If you make it a personal bubble from him, you lose out on team play.

Volt should not lose his team viabilitiy complete.

May be recasting the ability should deploy another sphere om the ground? Or deploy just the old e Shield.

What about the ult.... Do most of you guys agree that it needs some changes?

For some reason I can't open the spoilers, but Volt doesn't need a rework. He only needs an updated description. *maybe* some damage buffs, but low priority.

I agree with you to that point that the first three abilties are fine, need less tweaks.
But he don't need a dmg buff in my opinion.
His ultimate needs some synergy and utility.

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Also side note to what i said, volt could have a shield augment that when he casts shield, allies within a certain radius of volt also get the shield, kinda like how alot of the augments work for other frames like how total eclispe on mirage turns her normal ability which is cast specifically for her into a support buff type ability.

[OP]

Volt is actually in a really good place. The only thing he needs a bit more of is synergy between his skills, and a way to make his Ultimate more viable in higher level play. Now, I don't propose a straight damage buff, but I propose a buff that makes skilled players do more damage than unskilled players. Also, extending the CC of Overload.

make it pulse electric waves for 12/15/18/20 m (affected by power range) from the cast point once immediately after casting animation, and every 1.5 seconds afterwards, for a total of 2/3/4/5 waves (not affected by stats), each dealing 150/175/200/225 electric damage (Affected by power strength) with 50% proc chance and a short stun (3s).

In addition, any electrical source will explode and arc for 200 electric damage, stunning enemies for a short period (not electric proc)

IN ADDITION, any enemies that has an active electric proc when hit by one of those waves will arc to nearby enemies for 200 damage, stunning enemies for a short period (not electric proc).

Then it synergizes with Shock, Shocking Speed and other Volts' Ults.

Edited by S7ORM

Volt is actually in a really good place. The only thing he needs a bit more of is synergy between his skills, and a way to make his Ultimate more viable in higher level play. Now, I don't propose a straight damage buff, but I propose a buff that makes skilled players do more damage than unskilled players. Also, extending the CC of Overload.

Agreed,

I also like Volt, and his first three skills. The synergy between them is really awesome.

Now to your suggestion:

make it pulse electric waves for 12/15/18/20 m (affected by power range) from the cast point once immediately after casting animation, and every 1.5 seconds afterwards, for a total of 2/3/4/5 waves (not affected by stats), each dealing 150/175/200/225 electric damage (Affected by power strength) with 50% proc chance and a short stun (3s).

In addition, any electrical source will explode and arc for 200 electric damage, stunning enemies for a short period (not electric proc) IN ADDITION, any enemies that has an active electric proc when hit by one of those waves will arc to nearby enemies for 200 damage, stunning enemies for a short period (not electric proc).

Then it synergizes with Shock, Shocking Speed and other Volts' Ults.

I really like your idea. It would change Volts current ult into something better.

But the main reason why I want to change his current ult is that we already have Shock.

Shock can stun multiple enemies with little effort and in a blink of time.

Right now i would pick Shock over Overload.(nearly every time.... expect for low lvl missions)

With your suggestion the synergy would be there, but Shock would die.(I dont want that to happen)

Similar to Trnitiy's "Well of Life"

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Agreed,

I also like Volt, and his first three skills. The synergy between them is really awesome.

Now to your suggestion:

I really like your idea. It would change Volts current ult into something better.

But the main reason why I want to change his current ult is that we already have Shock.

Shock can stun multiple enemies with little effort and in a blink of time.

Right now i would pick Shock over Overload.(nearly every time.... expect for low lvl missions)

With your suggestion the synergy would be there, but Shock would die.(I dont want that to happen)

Similar to Trnitiy's "Well of Life"

Hm, that is a fair point, but Shock has much greater range and lower energy cost. I was hoping with my suggestion, that players would cast Overload, then before the waves struck the enemies, they would cast shock to prep an electric proc.

Perhaps decreasing the % to electric proc from Overload would let them still each be useful, while still increasing the potential damage from Overload.

Hm, that is a fair point, but Shock has much greater range and lower energy cost. I was hoping with my suggestion, that players would cast Overload, then before the waves struck the enemies, they would cast shock to prep an electric proc.

Perhaps decreasing the % to electric proc from Overload would let them still each be useful, while still increasing the potential damage from Overload.

Also a good idea.

Btw, saw your idea of Augument: "Static Shock" in a different post and loved it^^.

We could also put the static shock effect in the ult instead of just stunning, could we?

Actually, I just thought of something. Add rag-dolling push to Overload. When enemies are hit by the expanding wave, they are rag-dolled away. The electric proc would then pin them to whatever surface they hit until it expires, and the proc timer would start when they hit that surface, and they'd be open for ground finishers since they were rag-dolled. Hitting other enemies would damage them same as rag-doll effects of bows and Kestrel.

Still want no changes to the first 3 abilities, and I'd like to mention there is an augment for Overload that can recharge shields (and add over-shields) already, but then with Excalibur there was an augment that let Radial Blind enable Finishers which is now part of the base ability, so I guess it could be done with Volt... but I would think not.

And for a new description how about:

Volt can create and harness electrical elements to any situation, adept at gunplay, defense, and mobility.

I do have my own topic for discussing Electric Shield augments, but I don't think the base ability needs a major rework.

Oh and as a purely quality of life change, I'd like it if Speed lost it's FOV shift. :P

Or if FOV Shift on Ability Use could be an option. Speed is just annoying with FOV but Bladestorm hurts my brain.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

Also a good idea.

Btw, saw your idea of Augument: "Static Shock" in a different post and loved it^^.

We could also put the static shock effect in the ult instead of just stunning, could we?

Wouldn't work as well, since it's a radial attack -- you would have to pull all the enemies to a single point instead of towards each other, and if you do that you're just using Mag's Pull.

Wouldn't work as well, since it's a radial attack -- you would have to pull all the enemies to a single point instead of towards each other, and if you do that you're just using Mag's Pull.

Good point.

I still think that we need an utli that differes from the 1st abilty

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Volt is one of my top 3 favorite frames. I feel he is incredibly well rounded and his first 3 abilities are can handle any situation in the game.

That being said, I think Overload does need a change, like many people do, too. I like your weapon charge idea for Overload. The increase fire rate, reload speed, and projectile speed are great ideas if they DON'T scale. Scaling off power to increase effect would probably make them OP but duration and efficiency seems fine. Add a +75% electric damage to weapons and and volt would truly be a jack of all trades capable of melee, buffing, defending and providing crowd control.

Volt is one of my top 3 favorite frames. I feel he is incredibly well rounded and his first 3 abilities are can handle any situation in the game.

That being said, I think Overload does need a change, like many people do, too. I like your weapon charge idea for Overload. The increase fire rate, reload speed, and projectile speed are great ideas if they DON'T scale. Scaling off power to increase effect would probably make them OP but duration and efficiency seems fine. Add a +75% electric damage to weapons and and volt would truly be a jack of all trades capable of melee, buffing, defending and providing crowd control.

This my intention behind the idea.

As much as I love Volt, I dont wan't him to get OP^^

Guys, I've got another Idea from a post I recently read.

So, what if Overload was a mode, that when activated overloads your abilities

Overloaded Shock

Now casts multiple acrs.
Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot"
Every arc can chain to other enemies.
Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg

Overloaded Speed

You're affected stronger by speed

+10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff

(If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30% of your 50% = 65%)

This extra boost only affects Volt

Overloaded Shield

Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere that has the same traits.

How it looks:

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

But much smaller

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere), that shocks enemies when they touch the Shield 

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

To the New Overload.
10/20/30s Duration

100 energy cost

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by SteaKnight-X