Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Stamina Concept.

Burnthesteak87

UPDATED THREAD _ U18.3.1.1

Actually (18.3.1.1) the game is pretty balanced and funny, but also Mobility is too much high, there must be a limit hence to create Windows of opportunity/power and situations which make who abuses too much parkour ending up in a penalized state (Similar to what happens when you land from high jumps and get stucked into recover animation, consequences to your actions).

For example, let's say every Warframe has the same quantity, you have enough Stamina to abuse parkour and highspeed moves for 20 - 30 seconds, after which it depletes.
Then you enter a slowed state with -0.X Mobility until the Stamina won't be back full.
This way you have your "immortality" or "skillbased survivability" for tot seconds which allows you to better sustain 1v1, Xv1, escapes... after that there's also an occasion for the opponent to fight back.
Just because spam-jumping around launching a coin to check every shot you shoot isn't healthy nor funny.
Also a slower target will be easier to catch in melee range.

Add then old Green Stamina Balls to restore a part of Stamina and the game is done.

OLD THREAD U17.0.2

I'd say that, even if it's really nice being so fast and free in mobility, it's a pain to hit with certain weapons, that's why Stamina should have stayed.
With some changes:

• Full Stamina = 100% mobility, sprint avialable, achrobatics, etc.;
  • Empty Stamina = 50% mobility, no sprint, gimped achrobatics etc.
    (Not exactly like a Hobbled Dragon Key effect, but you can take it as an example.)

It's a matter of Windows of Opportunity and skill: at Full Stamina you have your mobility to chase and do your play, dodge what's to dodge and do what you can to stay alive.
When your Stamina ends, it's when you are at your weakest, you can't escape your fate, it's a chance for your opponent to make its move. Example, you would be slower, less mobile, that would give chasers or snipers a chance to headshot you.

So the fight would be more about exhausting your target and taking it down, not jumping around hoping to hit your extremely mobile target after 20 minutes.
You would have to preserve and use your Stamina smartly, in the right moment, not spamming Sprint around eternally.

This would involve a more deep and skilled playstyle, killing down the "eternal-extreme-mobility" issue, making harder-to-hit-weapons more viable without taking away anything to its target AND without the need to create peculiar mods for certain weapons.

Since in Conclave we have stuff like 50% faster recovery from knockdowns, I don't see why there shouldn't be such a feature just for PVP.

PS:
I'm not saying "take away parkour, it ruins PVP".
I'm saying "the new parkour makes PVP fantastic, but it needs some tweaks".

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Did you realize that this mobility wouldn't be taken away? You'll just have to use it smarter in the right moment.

Snipers will be fine, if your target will abuse Stamina too much, it will become a slow target sooner or later, then you can afford your headshots.

There can also be twists in weapons like some draining stamina on hit or crippling your target... Imagine a target hit by an arrow slowing the Stamina generation.. Or low damage like the actual automatic pistols, not useful for killing a target, but effective on tiring it.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

It's a matter of windows of opportunity right now as well. The windows just are smaller and I see no reason why they should be bigger.

I explained it, it's to make certain weapons viable. Also it's something obvious by a competitive PVP point of view. There must be a time for attack and a time for defense. 50% window of opportunity for being offensive and 50% for defense.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I explained it, it's to make certain weapons viable. Also it's something obvious by a competitive PVP point of view. There must be a time for attack and a time for defense. 50% window of opportunity for being offensive and 50% for defense.

There already are times for attacking and for defending/fleeing.

There already are times for attacking and for defending/fleeing.

Like when you get overwhelmed in Xv1. Ok. Time to run.

But... Other than that? As I yet experienced 1v1 is going to be "run in circles HOPING to hit or oneshot your target". Do you realize that for a  funny and balanced fight there must be "windows of opportunity" and "risk vs reward" situations?

Do you want an example? Jump and drop melee-attack. After that powerful attack there's a few seconds of recovery animation in which you are an easy target.

This situation of extreme mobility makes also people think that oneshotting weapons are justified. Wrong, extremely wrong.

I'm not saying "take away parkour, it ruins PVP".

I'm saying "the new parkour makes PVP fantastic, but it needs some tweaks".

Edited by Burnthesteak87