Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Quality Of Life Adjustments

(PSN)CptCosmic

these are the top quality of life fixes I wish for hydroid:

1. Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage should count one handed abilites and maybe have faster cast time.

2. Tidal Surge => let melee button cancel it. sometimes I want to land on top of my knocked down enemy instead of zooming past away landing on the other side of  the room

3. Undertow => remove submerging of enemies and let hydroid move slowly around while he submerges himself into water. the CC part is useless and annoying for the team. being able to move around also fixes curative undertow utility being too situational.

4. Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage => let us cancel the abilities by using them again

5. Pilfering Swarm => should be change to as long as enemy is affected by tentacles instead of killed by them.

Edited by (PS4)CptCosmic

these are the top quality of life fixes I wish for hydroid:

1. Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage should count one handed abilites and maybe have faster cast time.

2. Tidal Surge => let melee button cancel it. sometimes I want to land on top of my knocked down enemy instead of zooming past away landing on the other side of  the room

3. Undertow => remove submerging of enemies and let hydroid move slowly around while he submerges himself into water. the CC part is useless and annoying for the team. being able to move around also fixes curative undertow utility being too situational.

4. Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage => let us cancel the abilities by using them again

5. Pilfering Swarm => should be change to as long as enemy is affected by tentacles instead of killed by them.

1. Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage==> I'm assuming you mean melee ability mods... Both are control moves as opposed to damage moves and is counter to the design of the frame (ranged CC tank)

I would rather see Tempest Barrage be fixed to not have such buggy aiming and see multiple instances be allowed to be used at once.

Likewise Tentacle Swarm

2. Tidal Surge==>Good idea... would be happy to see vertical aiming attached to it as well.

3. Undertow==> You are making a suggestion that only fits your playstyle... Everyone doesn't use it the same way. 

It would also be stupidly OP as described (Duration free invincibility with movement for a modest energy cost)

4. Pilfering swarm==> Awesome idea!

For my part:

Hydroid needs his base stats for Armor, Shields, and Energy increased.  His designation was supposed to be as a tank with high movement oriented gameplay, strong melee, and heavy control elements.  With the recent changes in the game this style is duplicated by every frame  and his kit is lacking the damage and defense to carry other roles off.

I would much rather see Tempest Barrage changed to:

Tidal Wave: Hydroid releases a tidal wave of water that damages and knocks down opponents in a straight path from Hydroid.

The wave will blocks and absorbs incoming fire from it's direction and adding to the waves power when it crashes against them.

Additional ranks increase size, power, punch through, reflect percentage, and distance of the wave.

1. Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage==> I'm assuming you mean melee ability mods... Both are control moves as opposed to damage moves and is counter to the design of the frame (ranged CC tank)

I would rather see Tempest Barrage be fixed to not have such buggy aiming and see multiple instances be allowed to be used at once.

Likewise Tentacle Swarm

2. Tidal Surge==>Good idea... would be happy to see vertical aiming attached to it as well.

3. Undertow==> You are making a suggestion that only fits your playstyle... Everyone doesn't use it the same way. 

It would also be stupidly OP as described (Duration free invincibility with movement for a modest energy cost)

4. Pilfering swarm==> Awesome idea!

For my part:

Hydroid needs his base stats for Armor, Shields, and Energy increased.  His designation was supposed to be as a tank with high movement oriented gameplay, strong melee, and heavy control elements.  With the recent changes in the game this style is duplicated by every frame  and his kit is lacking the damage and defense to carry other roles off.

I would much rather see Tempest Barrage changed to:

Tidal Wave: Hydroid releases a tidal wave of water that damages and knocks down opponents in a straight path from Hydroid.

The wave will blocks and absorbs incoming fire from it's direction and adding to the waves power when it crashes against them.

Additional ranks increase size, power, punch through, reflect percentage, and distance of the wave.

@Tentacle Swarm & Tempest Barrage

what I mean is that they dont interrupt other actions similar to other abilities. beside moving his hand and triggering a water animation hydroid does nothing when using those abilities. 

@Undertow, that is why only move "slowly", you also cant pickup items, sprint or jump. and how exactly would it be OP? we have other abilities that make you immune to damage without restricting your movement. stealth practically does the same and everyone has access to it. also how is the CC usefull? you have CC on all other abilities, the CC on this ability is redundant, not to mention totally annoying in team play and the enemies pop out right away the moment you leave the pool. not to mention that the ability to slowly move in pool would fix curative undertow being too situational, allowing for another viable build cause at the moment its useless when team restores basically do the same without eating a mod slot.

Edited by (PS4)CptCosmic

The next PC Hotfix will have something to speak to this directly: with Pilfering Swarm equipped, enemies won't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance. Simply dying on the tentacle will be enough to trigger Pilfering Swarm. However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

The next PC Hotfix will have something to speak to this directly: with Pilfering Swarm equipped, enemies won't need to be killed by the tentacles to have an added drop chance. Simply dying on the tentacle will be enough to trigger Pilfering Swarm. However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

Sounds fair. I like the sound of this change.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

In my personal opinion, Tempest Barrage should not have a faster cast time and instead be made mobile like Nekros' Soul Punch and Excalibur's Radial Blind (though I am sad Nekros lost that animation but that's not for this thread).

Casting on the move is all I really want for that ability.

Edited by LazerSkink

Wow, devs were on top of Ophelia quick this time XD

Can we have a vote?

Thats not really a balance though, since a Hydroid biult for max strength Pilfering Swarm will be killing nearly anything that wanders into the tentacles anyway up to about lvl 40.

A cap on the drop chance modifier would be much better if the abundance of loot is the concern, i know such things exist for abilities like Shatter Shield and Molecular Prime.

And it doesnt even address a fundamental problem with the ability where tentacles will spawn in places where they have no chance of catching anything, and a bug that causes the tentacles to spawn sideways into the floor allowing enemies to walk right over them unless they get caught by the flailing motions.

Edited by Dualstar

-snip-

However, we will also be removing Power Strength mods affecting Pilfering Swarm to balance this change.

I'm already not looking forward to this :l

As it stands I'd rather have Tyl regor cut off Hydriod's danglers than recieve this "balance change".

Edited by 4ever4gotin

THIS. IS. BAD.

I am fully against it. 

Pilfering Swarm is perfect as it is now, this would be a huge nerf. 

Players should communicate to let Tentacles to the killing. 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

no power strengt mods mean more slot for other mods yay

Doing my best to stave off sarcasm as it's not conducive to feedback, especially in a discussion with developers - 

The problem with this change is that it takes the skill out of using Pilfering Swarm, as it no longer requires players to time their ultimates to land the killing blow. Players are now just going to tag enemies with Tentacle Swarm before killing them, reducing Hydroid to yet another Nekros.

RIP Lootroid?

Bad change IMO, might help power groups farm faster I guess(?), I'm a solo only player so I'm unsure on that.

I know it will surely slow down any farming I do which I'm guessing is DE's idea. Might be easier just to go back to Nekros I guess.