Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Concept(S): Infested Kunai And Tenno Cane Sword [Artwork Included]

Volkovyi

Good day fellow Tenno,

I come bringing two ideas for some custom made weaponry to add to the Warframe's arsenal.

If you are interested in more of our artwork, please take a look at our art archive found here - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306863-volkovyis-artwork-archive-update-june2115/

As a disclaimer, these are fan-made weapon concepts, ideas, and artwork. This is all our doing for entertainment purposes only.

First up is the Infested Kunai concept.

As of right now, this is an unnamed weapon.

The primary feature is that this is a primarily slash-type Kunai, with either a high status or a guaranteed bleed proc. Other details and statistics are purposefully left vague, we find it important to portray the idea first, not numbers.

The Kunai are teeth pulled from the jaws of this infested weapon. Like a shark's mouth, the teeth grow and move forward as a "reload" function. When running or moving quickly, the tails of the infested pouches flow behind the user as it is affected by physics. When standing still or slow moving, the tails loosely curl around the legs.

am2K0ga.jpg

__

Second, is the Tenno Cane-sword weapon.

This cane boasts a hidden sword, with the head of the cane as the handle, and the cane's body as the sheath. At the end of the sheath there is a thin blade. In combat, the sword and sheath are used together in combinations as a pseudo-two-handed weapon.

This weapon would ideally come with it's own animation set. When not in combative use, the Gentleman Tenno would be using it as normal, walking with a debonair stride with the cane at their side. We wanted to design something for use by Limbo specifically. The head of the cane is modeled after the head of a Kubrow.

ZVdYTX8.png

Here are some idle pose suggestions that come with the Cane Sword.

tumblr_nw2qb4A0Xe1rbe8a5o2_1280.png

tumblr_nw2qb4A0Xe1rbe8a5o1_1280.png

Edited by Volkovyi

Good day fellow Tenno,

I come bringing two ideas for some custom made weaponry to add to the Warframe's arsenal.

If you are interested in more of our artwork, please take a look at our art archive found here - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306863-volkovyis-artwork-archive-update-june2115/

As a disclaimer, these are fan-made weapon concepts, ideas, and artwork. This is all our doing for entertainment purposes only.

First up is the Infested Kunai concept.

As of right now, this is an unnamed weapon.

The primary feature is that this is a primarily slash-type Kunai, with either a high status or a guaranteed bleed proc. Other details and statistics are purposefully left vague, we find it important to portray the idea first, not numbers.

The Kunai are teeth pulled from the jaws of this infested weapon. Like a shark's mouth, the teeth grow and move forward as a "reload" function. When running or moving quickly, the tails of the infested pouches flow behind the user as it is affected by physics. When standing still or slow moving, the tails loosely curl around the legs.

am2K0ga.jpg

__

Second, is the Tenno Cane-sword weapon.

This cane boasts a hidden sword, with the head of the cane as the handle, and the cane's body as the sheath. At the end of the sheath there is a thin blade. In combat, the sword and sheath are used together in combinations as a pseudo-two-handed weapon.

This weapon would ideally come with it's own animation set. When not in combative use, the Gentleman Tenno would be using it as normal, walking with a debonair stride with the cane at their side. We wanted to design something for use by Limbo specifically. The head of the cane is modeled after the head of a Kubrow.

ZVdYTX8.png

OMG SO GOOD I WANT THESE NOWWWWWWWW! :D

I'm really not feeling the Tenno Cane Sword. It just doesn't feel Warframe like and would really feel out of place. The infested kunai are a great and I think DE really needs to start making more infested weapons as they can have some really cool looks and functions.

The cane sword is redundant unless you really use it for walking while you aren't fighting. If not, its just another sword.

The infested Kunais are super cool. Perhaps you could make them look more "alive " for example with a little tail that moves when you hold the kunai in your hand 

The cane sword is redundant unless you really use it for walking while you aren't fighting. If not, its just another sword.

The infested Kunais are super cool. Perhaps you could make them look more "alive " for example with a little tail that moves when you hold the kunai in your hand 

Indeed the greater novelty of the Cane sword would be the unique animations that come with it. It is not used as a regular sheathed sword, but truly handled like a cane. Of course in combat it would ideally be used as a mixture between the sword, staff (entire cane), and even double-sword (sword and sheath). When not equipped, the cane would hang from the Tenno's hip. When equipped in melee mode, but not in use, the Tenno would have various animations of leaning on, or holding the cane as normal.

More kunai-like concepts? Sign me right up. I've always been fond of the throwing weapons ever since I began playing.

Although ripping the poor thing's teeth out each time sounds so painful. :c

It does sound painful, but we can find solace in the fact that infested weaponry aren't sentient and it has no sense of pain or thought, as it is just a weapon. Hopefully.

I think i just teared up seeing the cane sword this brings back that post on frame specific weapons [ limbo gentlemens cane ]

Warframe specific weapons? Sounds like an interesting concept. The cane sword is ideally made for Limbo but I did not consider restricting it for use by other Warframes.

First off, really awesome job on the art. They both look great and the cane sword is especially beautiful.

I am all for the kunai. It seems we are always getting a Corpus or Grineer themed weapon with the occasional Tenno weapon. Can't remember the last infested weapon we got.

The cane sword is cool but I would only truly love its implementation on two conditions. First being that it's idle animations involve Tenno leaning or resting on it and maybe even twirl it on occasion. Second would be it uses nikana stances. Nikanas have TWO weapons with THREE stances where as machetes have all these weapons with just one stance.  I think DE should balance the weapon to stance ratio before adding brand new weapons with brand new stances. And since nikanas already have the drawing and sheathing thing going on I see they would work best. Again, I would like if the idle animations for the cane sword were different from nikanas idle animations.

But yeah man, cool designs.

First off, really awesome job on the art. They both look great and the cane sword is especially beautiful.

I am all for the kunai. It seems we are always getting a Corpus or Grineer themed weapon with the occasional Tenno weapon. Can't remember the last infested weapon we got.

The cane sword is cool but I would only truly love its implementation on two conditions. First being that it's idle animations involve Tenno leaning or resting on it and maybe even twirl it on occasion. Second would be it uses nikana stances. Nikanas have TWO weapons with THREE stances where as machetes have all these weapons with just one stance.  I think DE should balance the weapon to stance ratio before adding brand new weapons with brand new stances. And since nikanas already have the drawing and sheathing thing going on I see they would work best. Again, I would like if the idle animations for the cane sword were different from nikanas idle animations.

But yeah man, cool designs.

Why thank you for saying so. I also agree. Perhaps the cane sword would be a best compromise between using the Nikana stances, BUT has its own unique idle/use animations that are not tied to the stances to add personal flair. In my humble opinion.