Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Pacify Enemy Damage Reduction Cap?

Koed

Question

Equinox' Pacify ability makes enemies deal 50% reduced damage and it's affected by power stre mod. Naturally, there must be a cap so what is it? Furthermore, lets say the is 70% but then the enemy gets hit by puncture proc - then what? (Puncture proc reduces damage done by 30% for 6 seconds)

My equinox is still crafting, so can't really craft myself - any clarification is appreciated!

15 answers to this question

it isnt currently unknown. unless someone is selfish. Probably 95%.  Doesnt matter though because it is pretty much unusable atm.

I assume u mean it IS unknown but why is it selfish? The damage reduction helps ur whole squad right? And why is it not usuable?

I assume u mean it IS unknown but why is it selfish? The damage reduction helps ur whole squad right? And why is it not usuable?

no as in if somebody knows the cap for it they are being selfish because they havent added the info to the wiki.

as for the unusable part, it is extremely inefficient even with max efficiency.  Just a handful of enemies walking into range will drain your energy extremely fast.

Edited by Dillon_J

Pacify is crap. I've tested Pacify extensively, and used it a few times in high lvl survivals, and found that I'm better off not using it a all. Here's what I found during testing.

100% Strength = 50% dmg reduction

175% Strength = 72% dmg reduction

256% Strength = 81% dmg reduction

Sounds good? But here's the problem, those numbers are if the enemies are attacking at point blank. The further the enemies from you, but within range, the less reduction you get. Here's a sample of an enemy shooting around 15-25m. This is with Stretch mod on.

100% Strength = 22% dmg reduction

175% Strength = 47% dmg reduction

256% Strength = 54% dmg reduction

So why not use it? I've tested and found that power efficiency mods don't affect the energy drain one bit, so when you encounter a large pack of enemies, your energy drains like crazy. If at all, you might use pacify when you're reviving a member.

As for the puncture proc, it's probably multiplicative like Trin's Link and Blessing. For example, 50% pacify and 30% puncture would equal 65% reduction. So if a shot's damage was 100 dmg, 50% pacify would reduce it to 50 dmg. 30% Puncture would reduce 50 dmg further by 30%, so the end damage is 35 dmg. 

Edited by Tarror

no as in if somebody knows the cap for it they are being selfish because they havent added the info to the wiki.

as for the unusable part, it is extremely inefficient even with max efficiency.  Just a handful of enemies walking into range will drain your energy extremely fast.

So why not use it? I've tested and found that power efficiency mods don't affect the energy drain one bit, so when you encounter a large pack of enemies, your energy drains like crazy. If at all, you might use pacify when you're reviving a member.

So if there are crowds of enemies draining energy from pacify, why don't you use something like switch to your offensive form and use Maim(The stagger buys you enough time to kill weak enemies) to locate the weak mobs and kill them, then switch back to the Night form and use Pacify on elite enemies that don't go down after you finish using Maim? This is what I do because I would rather kill them straight up then waste energy absorbing hits I don't have to take.

No offense, but I seriously feel like you guys aren't thinking when it comes to this ability. Why would you even take a defensive form in the first place if it's filled with 28 enemies that can be easily disposed of in the day form and 2 enemies that are actually worth absorbing blows?

Edited by Darkmoone1

So if there are crowds of enemies draining energy from pacify, why don't you use something like switch to your offensive form and use Maim(The stagger buys you enough time to kill weak enemies) to locate the weak mobs and kill them, then switch back to the Night form and use Pacify on elite enemies that don't go down after you finish using Maim? This is what I do because I would rather kill them straight up then waste energy absorbing hits I don't have to take.

No offense, but I seriously feel like you guys aren't thinking when it comes to this ability. Why would you even take a defensive form in the first place if it's filled with 28 enemies that can be easily disposed of in the day form and 2 enemies that are actually worth absorbing blows?

You become more defensive when the enemies scale in endless missions 40min+., so unless you have a Frost Globe to shield you or camping, you'll eventually rely less on maim, and more on Rest for CC and Mend to keep your team topped off, unless you like getting 1-2 shot by a bombard while you are trying to spam maim.

Edited by Tarror

You become more defensive when the enemies scale in endless missions 40min+., so unless you have a Frost Globe to shield you or camping, you'll eventually rely less on maim, and more on Rest for CC and Mend to keep your team topped off, unless you like getting 1-2 shot by a bombard.

Except Maim is still easily relied on for it's stagger alone. A stagger that effects enemies in an entire room and possibly more is a CC tool that is not to be glanced over at as it buys you enough time to seek mobs to kill and this is especially true if you have metamorphosis stats on while using rage. You see a bombard, pop Maim off, switch back to Night form, Rest the bombard and kill. Switch back if you have to proceed to seek and destroy or stick to your team in defense. 

Defense is great, but if your getting overwhelmed by enemies(And I know it can get crowded at times in high level Survival. I'm talking no room to breathe amounts of enemies), then room clearing is in order and that's your que to switch and go on the offense with maim and buffing your allies with Provoke. Using Pacify at this time is just the wrong tool for the job if your being overwhelmed. Use it when the average enemy is taken care of and elites continue to be a problem.

Edited by Darkmoone1

Except Maim is still easily relied on for it's stagger alone. A stagger that effects enemies in an entire room and possibly more is a CC tool that is not to be glanced over at as it buys you enough time to seek mobs to kill and this is especially true if you have metamorphosis stats on while using rage. You see a bombard, pop Maim off, switch back to Night form, Rest the bombard and kill. Switch back if you have to proceed to seek and destroy or stick to your team in defense. 

Defense is great, but if your getting overwhelmed by enemies(And I know it can get crowded at times in high level Survival. I'm talking no room to breathe amounts of enemies), then room clearing is in order and that's your que to switch and go on the offense with maim and buffing your allies with Provoke. Using Pacify at this time is just the wrong tool for the job if your being overwhelmed. Use it when the average enemy is taken care of and elites continue to be a problem.

If a 5-6 second stagger gives you enough time to clear more than half the room of high lvl enemies to prevent them causing you damage, then that's great. But it doesn't work for me when it reaches a certain point. Our strategies are different, that much is clear. Also, I don't use pacify at all. 

Pacify is crap. I've tested Pacify extensively, and used it a few times in high lvl survivals, and found that I'm better off not using it a all. Here's what I found during testing.

100% Strength = 50% dmg reduction

175% Strength = 72% dmg reduction

256% Strength = 81% dmg reduction

Sounds good? But here's the problem, those numbers are if the enemies are attacking at point blank. The further the enemies from you, but within range, the less reduction you get. Here's a sample of an enemy shooting around 15-25m. This is with Stretch mod on.

100% Strength = 22% dmg reduction

175% Strength = 47% dmg reduction

256% Strength = 54% dmg reduction

As for the puncture proc, it's probably multiplicative like Trin's Link and Blessing. For example, 50% pacify and 30% puncture would equal 65% reduction. So if a shot's damage was 100 dmg, 50% pacify would reduce it to 50 dmg. 30% Puncture would reduce 50 dmg further by 30%, so the end damage is 35 dmg. 

Used this as a quote to corroborate my findings here >https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/508917-equinox-pacify-ability-has-diminishing-returns-falloff-with-range-and-broken-efficiency-data-and-videos/

Thanks for making this test before me!

Seems Pacify is extremely broken with power Strength and Efficiency mods not working properly on it as can be seen in my analysis.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Hello , ppl. I am not some sort of pro player or anything nor i bother myself with mathematic equations whatsoever but have to say ... Equinox is my main and most played frame . I play Equinox night/melee exclusively with pacify turned on from start -rest on crowds mostly and i can say that never had problem with maintaining power and i use no flow (basic power only ) but even with mend and maim turned on it doestn seem to burn that much power to be a problem with my mediocore build that ive made according to my play style and have forgot what is since i made it and decide that this is the one...What im trying to say dont discourage other ppl getting Equinox even if she looks broken to you in some ways  cuz she may be very suitable for others. To me she is nearly immortal , and methodic  assassin that can finish up crowds of though mobs and dissapear in blink of an eye if handle with care. With day form whatsoever at high levels i feel like seeting duck but thanxfully i restrict myself to switch to it so everything is ok :) Personal opinion tho . Have fun;)

Hello , ppl. I am not some sort of pro player or anything nor i bother myself with mathematic equations whatsoever but have to say ... Equinox is my main and most played frame . I play Equinox night/melee exclusively with pacify turned on from start -rest on crowds mostly and i can say that never had problem with maintaining power and i use no flow (basic power only ) but even with mend and maim turned on it doestn seem to burn that much power to be a problem with my mediocore build that ive made according to my play style and have forgot what is since i made it and decide that this is the one...What im trying to say dont discourage other ppl getting Equinox even if she looks broken to you in some ways  cuz she may be very suitable for others. To me she is nearly immortal , and methodic  assassin that can finish up crowds of though mobs and dissapear in blink of an eye if handle with care. With day form whatsoever at high levels i feel like seeting duck but thanxfully i restrict myself to switch to it so everything is ok :) Personal opinion tho . Have fun;)

This was posted 4 months ago when efficiency didn't effect the energy drain with the # of enemies within pacify's range.