Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Saryns Miasma

Parashjin

So, first of all, im new to the forum, if there was a post like this - im sorry and dont get offended v_v

I dont like how Saryn kills everything low level, and nothing high level...

I have 2 Ideas, both ideas are that Miasma, for example, deals damage as 10% of the enemys health

My Fist Idea is that the enemy takes 10% damage of his max. HP for 10 sec.

So for example an enemy has 1000 HP, so he takes 100 damage for 10 sec. until he dies.

My Second Idea is that he takes 10% damage of his current HP for 10 sec.

Again, an enemy has 1000 HP. 1st Sec. he has 900 HP Left

2nd Sec. 810 HP                      

3rd Sec. 729 HP

4th Sec. 656 HP

10th Sec. 387 HP

The Damage should also be affected by power strenght, like Intensify should bring the damage up to 13%.

But this is just an idea that went through my head at work x)

I hope you like it... Please tell me what you think about it ^_^

Edited by Parashjin

Interesting. But Miasma isn't the only skill that needs a rework. 1st idea is completely overpowered. A guaranteed kill no matter the level? People will be up in arms about that. The 2nd one, however, is much better. It's very much like how the Corrosive proc was changed.

Edited by Keybopsef

Interesting. But Miasma isn't the only skill that needs a rework. 1st idea is completely overpowered. A guaranteed kill no matter the level? People will be up in arms about that. The 2nd one, however, it much better.

That was just an exapmle, and i was focusing on miasma ^_^

That was just an exapmle, and i was focusing on miasma ^_^

Of course. If we ever do get a Saryn rework I do hope it follows this idea that you had.

EDIT: Also, DE NEED TO SWITCH CONTAGION AND VENOM'S NAMES.

Edited by Keybopsef

why not just add a forced corrosive proc per tick? Then people might actually use duration builds. And hey, make it scale off power strength and the reduction is based off of the enemy's armour when miasma is cast. This way with a good build that has strength and duration could strip an enemy from their armour

So..

First would kill everything

Second (unmodded) wouldn't kill anything

Not sure I like either option.

Imagine how beautiful it would be, to bring the hp a group of heavy gunners with level 80+ down to a minimum and finish them off easily, this would give saryn a chance of late game potential...

*Edit

And (modded) With 200% Power Strenght it would do 20% HP damage, ~imagine~   *o*

Edited by Parashjin

I heard a lot of that, but would it not be better to call Venom "Spore", and Contagion "Venom"? If nothing else, at least calling Venom "Spore" would be a bit more intuitive and direct. 

Yep. But the overruling point is that the names, as they currently are, do not make any sense from a logical stand point (if you'll allow me some logic in a game like this xD).

Yep. But the overruling point is that the names, as they currently are, do not make any sense from a logical stand point (if you'll allow me some logic in a game like this xD).

I know, but it feels like not many players are that willing to think out a bit more, and decide to go with just swapping the names. Not that it is anything bad, but it seems to give off a subtle aura of stagnation.

That, yet again, can be just me (and no, I am not complaining. I have no wish to complain about this.). 

I know, but it feels like not many players are that willing to think out a bit more, and decide to go with just swapping the names. Not that it is anything bad, but it seems to give off a subtle aura of stagnation.

That, yet again, can be just me (and no, I am not complaining. I have no wish to complain about this.). 

Well look at Parkour 2.0 and the complaints about it. Also, I think Contagion is a better name than Spore for her first ability. I also wouldn't think of it as swapping the names but more like fixing a problem that made no sense to begin with.

Also, I think Contagion is a better name than Spore for her first ability. I also wouldn't think of it as swapping the names but more like fixing a problem that made no sense to begin with.

Fine by me regardless, but I think we are going off-topic at this point. Let us get back to the topic at hand, yes?

I like the idea of it taking life based on %, my only suggestion to that is to make sure that you can't just mod it to be 100% lethal at every level. Otherwise you could just go 2 hours in long missions just nuking everything.

Wont happend, i dont think you can make a 1000% Strenght build x)

Alright, now that the little side discussion is over, let me give a few responses to your suggestions, Parashjin: 

1. I know this may sound a bit abrasive, but there is the Feedback Section for threads like these, with distinct categories within it. Keep that in mind when making feedback threads. 

2. Your first suggestion is way too powerful. With that, every enemy affected will die in 10 seconds, regardless of level, and that is a very imbalanced suggestion to improve Miasma. 

3. Your second suggestion will never kill enemies, even the Level 1 enemies. To pull an analogy, it is a bit like the dichotomy paradox, in which it will forever be impossible to reach the desired point (in this case, enemies being killed), due to geometric sequences and sums to infinity. 

Now, I will admit I have no good idea on how to fix Miasma just yet, but I wanted to give you some feedback to think about. 

Alright, now that the little side discussion is over, let me give a few responses to your suggestions, Parashjin: 

1. I know this may sound a bit abrasive, but there is the Feedback Section for threads like these, with distinct categories within it. Keep that in mind when making feedback threads. 

2. Your first suggestion is way too powerful. With that, every enemy affected will die in 10 seconds, regardless of level, and that is a very imbalanced suggestion to improve Miasma. 

3. Your second suggestion will never kill enemies, even the Level 1 enemies. To pull an analogy, it is a bit like the dichotomy paradox, in which it will forever be impossible to reach the desired point (in this case, enemies being killed), due to geometric sequences and sums to infinity. 

Now, I will admit I have no good idea on how to fix Miasma just yet, but I wanted to give you some feedback to think about. 

Ok ty, as i said, im new to the forum v_v

Interesting. But Miasma isn't the only skill that needs a rework. 1st idea is completely overpowered. A guaranteed kill no matter the level? People will be up in arms about that. The 2nd one, however, is much better. It's very much like how the Corrosive proc was changed.

guaranteed kill no matter what is fine, just not in 10 seconds, make it need a longer duration than 10 seconds, long enough so people can still go around and kill things on thier own, it will make it so saryns damage never falls off, but is quite far from the usual room clearing ability, maybe like 5% damage and a lower base duration, so you really have to mod for the duration to get 20 seconds which would be the duration needed to auto kill with 5% per tick

Edited by Arenzo4

guaranteed kill no matter what is fine, just not in 10 seconds, make it need a longer duration than 10 seconds, long enough so people can still go around and kill things on thier own, it will make it so saryns damage never falls off, but is quite far from the usual room clearing ability, maybe like 5% damage and a lower base duration, so you really have to mod for the duration to get 20 seconds which would be the duration needed to auto kill with 5% per tick

People would complain because it would take to long...