Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harpoon Weapons 'alt Fire' Should Work 100% Off The Time!

main_antagonist

Harpak and the Paracyst are unique because of their alternate fire modes but I find myself never using them now.

To explain:

You get better Damage output and ammo efficiency when putting punch through on weapons 'Shred' for example.

But upon doing so you lose the alternate fire mode for that weapon? I'm surprised it's gone on this long without a fix being implemented as far as I know there isn't any significant damage increase when using the alternate fire?

I'm aware the Paracyst has a toxic proc it can inflict with it's secondary fire but you get the same feature from it's primary so ... it's not an improvement if it doesn't have increased damage when using the alternate fire right?

Too long didn't read?

The point is these weapons have a utility when using their alternate fire and punch through breaks it.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, this needs fixing.

It doesn't even have to be done in a superdifficult manner either:

The secondary fire consists of 2 things: A projectile and a harpoon-chain/tether. The chain/tether has a limitted distance, the projectile doesn't. So, just make it so the PROJECTILE benefits from punchthrough, but not the chain/tether (they just pull in the first thing they hit). Utility remains singletarget, damage can still punch through many enemies.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest, they should just remove the pull gimmick from it and make it a charge weapon that fires off bow like shots that have increased crit chance, do more damage, punch through, and also consume more ammo like the quanta cubes do.

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. Utility on weapons should be fixed, this glitch has the player choosing between the utility and DPS which shouldn't be the case. Also the Quanta nerf is indeed quite annoying and makes it a drag to use. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Quanta was nerfed?

• 2 weeks later...