Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Are Insanely Difficult [15 Minutes with 4 Rank 30 Players]

MetaMortred

This is just ridiculous! The bosses were fine before, but now they are just god damn ridiculous. It took 4 of us, 15 minutes to dispatch a boss on Everest. Level 30 Volt, Mag, Ash and Excalibur.

We kept dying over and over and over. and it was stupid. It is simply impossible to solo it. and the scaling for 4 players is just ridiculously bad. The fact that the drops ratets have decreased makes the matters even worse.

Next patch, make it fun to play. I know you wanna avoid boss grinding, but this is just ridiculous.

Regarding Drops: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5068-drop-rates-are-insanely-low/

Edited by TheNexusCloud

That's just how he's designed. He's more of a DPS check than anything. I've seen people capable of solo'ing him with just melee skills in a matter of seconds. It doesn't really matter the level of your frame so much as your weapons. Gotta get them unlocked and with decent mods.

The only S#&$ty thing about this IMO is that he's the source of blueprints for the Trinity, which is a support frame. Typically people who are putting out hardcore DPS aren't looking to be a healbot.

Difficult? Yeah okay.. I can solo that guy with my Rhino.

You have to note though his damage/level scales greatly with # of people in the match (iirc on solo he's like level 25ish, with 4 people he shoots up over 50)

A Mag using the bullet attractor skill on him, teamed with a Trinity using energy vampire (so that the Mag always has energy to spam the attractor skill+ others have energy for dps/other skills as well.) works good on him. A tactic I personally use is standing in his face as a Trinity using Energy Vampire + Link (I reccomend having both max boosted for this) and having everyone just wail on him while he shoots at me only to have link force him to eat his own damage. While using blessing occsionally to heal myself (as I do take some damage between links) and those around me if he turns his attention on someone else.

Lowering the boss scaling a tiny bit might be a good idea, but I suggest not raising the drop rate in this case.

You have to note though his damage/level scales greatly with # of people in the match (iirc on solo he's like level 25ish, with 4 people he shoots up over 50)

A Mag using the bullet attractor skill on him, teamed with a Trinity using energy vampire (so that the Mag always has energy to spam the attractor skill+ others have energy for dps/other skills as well.) works good on him. A tactic I personally use is standing in his face as a Trinity using Energy Vampire + Link (I reccomend having both max boosted for this) and having everyone just wail on him while he shoots at me only to have link force him to eat his own damage. While using blessing occsionally to heal myself (as I do take some damage between links) and those around me if he turns his attention on someone else.

Lowering the boss scaling a tiny bit might be a good idea, but I suggest not raising the drop rate in this case.

Even in a full game, he's rather easy.

That boss in particular has the highest health in the game out of any other boss, including i think jackal. Every other boss in the game though is a joke. If it's a problem move on. I can kill any other boss in the game in half a clip from my gorgon, but the everest boss? I will run out of ammo before he dies. Thats not to say I can't kill him. I can and it's reather easy now with so much damage stacked up on my gorgon, but it still eats through my ammo.

HEK and Hammer = dead Boss

I have Hek'd him point blank in the face and he only takes 30'ish damage total. Seems like his face has armor rating now too. Even high level Infested seem like to gain some armor rating as well. Really hope I find a nice armor penetration mod soon.

Yeah duoing him isn't so bad. Normally my husband starts working on him while I clear out the room of enemies, then we take him down. Hubby uses a Gorgon which helps keep his shield down pretty well and I use my Burston (yep, I love my Burston), and together he doesn't take that long. But yeah we used Volt/Excalibur. Currently working on leveling a Rhino and Trinity and then he should be even easier.

This suggested in GOLD. I just tried this and the boss was breeze. Ate a lot of bullets though. The health must still decrease by 50%.

Never had a problem with him before a week or so ago, and yesterday out of the blue went to kill him for fun. Got him down to 1/4 hp and ran out of rifle ammo, and I had 2 backup ammo packs in the bag. Seems like the main problem with soloing him in the current patch is having him hide behind cover like a little bish WAAAAAY too much, while his shield regens to full. And if you try to chase him behind cover... well, HEK to the face.

So today I upgraded my gorgon to pro and went after him again. Turns out I just wasn't killing him the right way. Sure the extra 2 mods and other assorted upgrades from going pro made it almost trivial, but the way to solo this guy is just to get a PUNCTURE mod on your *insert weapon of choice*. He seriously just hides behind the crates all day, even while you shoot him through the crates with puncture: you can pretty much get free shots off at him all day while he's shuffling around behind cover. Only thing remotely resembling a problem is when he hides behind the large pile of crates (3 on bottom, 1 on top) that a puncture mod of +4 might not reach him if he happens to stand behind 2 crates. Even then you just rush him a bit and he'll go scurry off to the back of another crate, likely one of the single crates lying around. And you resume shooting him.

Ends up not even using up my gorgon's starting ammo pool. Try this if you're having trouble with him.

Most bosses in this game are a joke, any bipedal boss can be chain knocked down with the fragor.

The ONLY truely dangerous boss in the game is the jackal. And that is only if he can manage to spew out those damn gernades in between getting stunned. Everybody else is easymode once you have "specific weapons".

Edited by HurlockHolmes