Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Defense?

Jobocite

I've been thinking of this idea that a few people said would be pretty good to post. Now the clan dojo's are out I thought that a defense mission would be fun to do in the dojo and the more I thought about it, the cooler it sounded. It'd be a mission where you start in the main hall and enemies will try to attack various rooms around the dojo. If all of the reactors get destroyed you lose the defense, also if enough of the other rooms are destroyed you lose. There would be a practice version that can't damage the dojo and a none practice version that can get the dojo damaged but repairing would be cheap and you'd be able to get a much greater reward. Anyone like the sound of this idea?

*ADDED IDEAS BELOW*

*defense would have deployable defenses like the defenses you'd see in orokin towers.

*your role in the clan would help with defenses as well: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/52066-clan-roles/

Edited by Dude7790

As soon as I heard about the dogo's, a defense mission instantly popped into my mind. What could be cooler, and funner then defending your dojo from a massive Grineer assault force? :)

Edited by Chunder

Eh, maybe a long-range patrol ship decides to check the place out?

A linked defence->sabotage mission to first defend against the invading grineer/corpus (doubt the infested got the brains for it) and then blowing up the offending ship?

Although that would probably be better for weekend events.

This could make for a great clan based event in game.  Maybe have 4 man teams play in different instances of parts of the dojo that they have to defend with varying rewards based on how well the defense goes.  It would be another great way for the dojo to be used to get clan mates to work together.

doesn't make sense at all. you dojo is designed to be a hidden outpost

if grineer keep keep finding your hideout. its an insult to how badly hidden your clan is

Lore is a terrible excuse to not implement a good feature.  They can always change lore to make it fit.

Edited by Aggh

I like this idea, but if it were in the form of an event, like the fusion moa's.

We could get a week or two's notice, and have to build defences in the dojo building up to it say. "Warning tenno, the grineer are increasing their hunt for warframes tenfold. Prepare your base for an imminent attack!"

Defences could include traps, lasers, turrets, freeze pits, orokin shield ospreys (help the tenno), ammo drops, energy fillers (like in dual arena) etc.

Could scale quite well on clan size, bigger clan, bigger dojo, more enemies etc. Would be an endless defence in that it is like an exterminate mission every few hours over the course of a weekend, so a big clan might get invaded by 2000 enemies at once that requires the whole clan to join and search the dojo for enemies.

Reward could obviously be something nice and new, but if you lose, say the clan dies before the enemies are wiped out, the grineer steal stuff, like resources that are in place for buidlings (not forma) or they could slow the progress of buildings in progress. Nothing drastic like losing nodes.

Opinions?

I like this idea, but if it were in the form of an event, like the fusion moa's.

We could get a week or two's notice, and have to build defences in the dojo building up to it say. "Warning tenno, the grineer are increasing their hunt for warframes tenfold. Prepare your base for an imminent attack!"

Defences could include traps, lasers, turrets, freeze pits, orokin shield ospreys (help the tenno), ammo drops, energy fillers (like in dual arena) etc.

Could scale quite well on clan size, bigger clan, bigger dojo, more enemies etc. Would be an endless defence in that it is like an exterminate mission every few hours over the course of a weekend, so a big clan might get invaded by 2000 enemies at once that requires the whole clan to join and search the dojo for enemies.

Reward could obviously be something nice and new, but if you lose, say the clan dies before the enemies are wiped out, the grineer steal stuff, like resources that are in place for buidlings (not forma) or they could slow the progress of buildings in progress. Nothing drastic like losing nodes.

Opinions?

I think it should occur more often than every two weeks, but the idea is of building defenses is solid.

The dueling arena could be another possibility for events, ex have automated tournaments with rewards pop up every now and then.  Or have special bosses that can be fought in there.

These kinds of things would make the dojo a living, breathing part of the game rather than a resource sink with some unlocks like it is atm (and yes I know it's an alpha implementation).

Eh, maybe a long-range patrol ship decides to check the place out?

A linked defence->sabotage mission to first defend against the invading grineer/corpus (doubt the infested got the brains for it) and then blowing up the offending ship?

Although that would probably be better for weekend events.

>implying that grineer are smarter than infested

It would be cooler seeing and event. but something cool needs to happen during the event

This could make for a great clan based event in game.  Maybe have 4 man teams play in different instances of parts of the dojo that they have to defend with varying rewards based on how well the defense goes.  It would be another great way for the dojo to be used to get clan mates to work together.

Lore is a terrible excuse to not implement a good feature.  They can always change lore to make it fit.

but its not a good game feature at all. the lore serves a purpose on why its there. so you can avoid dealing with corpus or grineer. there's no point adding the exact same gameplay into a clan base when you get the same gameplay and reward doing missions

Edited by Tainted_Fox

I think it should occur more often than every two weeks, but the idea is of building defenses is solid.

The dueling arena could be another possibility for events, ex have automated tournaments with rewards pop up every now and then.  Or have special bosses that can be fought in there.

These kinds of things would make the dojo a living, breathing part of the game rather than a resource sink with some unlocks like it is atm (and yes I know it's an alpha implementation).

Perhaps similar to the stalker? When the clan as a whole has defeated x amount of bosses, the bosses fight back? Ie the faction that has been attacked the most retaliates?

Also dojo is meant to only be an add on for slight pvp. The only thing I would accept is for within clan competitions/tournaments, so the warlord can start a tournament, everyone who wants to enter has to deposit x amount of x resource. Winners obtain said resources. Would require DE to create a tournament style generator which would take time, so I am not pushing for this to be done at any time.

Opinions?

i do like this. only problem is that the gameplay must be different from what it already is to seem like a good idea. i think setting up defenses would change it to a degree. but i almost feel i would be doing the same thing i already do.  still +1

Perhaps similar to the stalker? When the clan as a whole has defeated x amount of bosses, the bosses fight back? Ie the faction that has been attacked the most retaliates?

Also dojo is meant to only be an add on for slight pvp. The only thing I would accept is for within clan competitions/tournaments, so the warlord can start a tournament, everyone who wants to enter has to deposit x amount of x resource. Winners obtain said resources. Would require DE to create a tournament style generator which would take time, so I am not pushing for this to be done at any time.

Something like that.  Maybe even have events where you have to fight multiple bosses at once.

It's a room, its functionality can be expanded as much as they like.  If they can't handle making a simple bracket and matchmaking system this game won't go very far.

Edited by Aggh

i do like this. only problem is that the gameplay must be different from what it already is to seem like a good idea. i think setting up defenses would change it to a degree. but i almost feel i would be doing the same thing i already do.  still +1

It would be the same as present combat, but with like 20 frames. THINK OF THE ULTIS. 

Either that or warframe tower defence, which doesn't appeal to me.

edit: @Aggh my point wasn't that they wouldn't be able to do it. But that they would have to dedicate time away from the PVE content to do it, which i don't want. A simple leaderboard however could be very simply implicated, just with "Dojo wins, Dojo losses" leaderboard.

Edited by TunaMayo

even if it was made for slight pvp, it can be a lot more, also no one said it was either. Also dojo's are only in alpha so that kinda proves they are gonna add more to it than just research and small PVP.

Sort of like if the Stalker and some of his buddies found your base of operations and opted to try and exterminate your clan? It would require a set amount of people available to run it though. Sort of like a Clan wide mission? Lose the mission and you lose the base for 12hrs? It would have to be something the clan leadership opted you into though so that it wasn't started with too few to actually complete.

>implying that grineer are smarter than infested

It would be cooler seeing and event. but something cool needs to happen during the event

but its not a good game feature at all. the lore serves a purpose on why its there. so you can avoid dealing with corpus or grineer. there's no point adding the exact same gameplay into a clan base when you get the same gameplay and reward doing missions

Except it wouldn't be the exact same gameplay?  I'm assuming you've missed the discussion on setting up base defenses.  And the way that it could be set up as an event with goals and performance rewards.

Also, I'm pretty sure people don't have a problem with running the same missions over and over, having clan based missions in a setting that only your clan mates can access has plenty of appeal in and of itself.

It would be the same as present combat, but with like 20 frames. THINK OF THE ULTIS. 

edit: @Aggh my point wasn't that they wouldn't be able to do it. But that they would have to dedicate time away from the PVE content to do it, which i don't want. A simple leaderboard however could be very simply implicated, just with "Dojo wins, Dojo losses" leaderboard.

That's not really viable, plenty of people can barely handle hosting a 4 man mission.

That assumes that it would take some kind of massive effort :|

Edited by Aggh

Except it wouldn't be the exact same gameplay?  I'm assuming you've missed the discussion on setting up base defenses.  And the way that it could be set up as an event with goals and performance rewards.

Also, I'm pretty sure people don't have a problem with running the same missions over and over, having clan based missions in a setting that only your clan mates can access has plenty of appeal in and of itself.

That's not really viable, plenty of people can barely handle hosting a 4 man mission.

That assumes that it would take some kind of massive effort :|

no. how you originally said it before taking ideas in sounded absolutely stupid. and since you seemed to missed what I said. it was setting up a base of operations within your clan. gameplay would still be the same even. you would still shoot, use melee. kill. use ults protect objectives kinda like "Gee i dont know?" any defense mission in the game

you know 600 power worth's of vauban tesla's crashed 2 of my friends computers and lagged about 10 others

imagine not only 20 banshee sound quakes. but the damage calcutions that the server has to do

i kinda want this to happen XD

Edited by Tainted_Fox

no. how you originally said it before taking ideas in sounded absolutely stupid. and since you seemed to missed what I said. it was setting up a base of operations within your clan. gameplay would still be the same even. you would still shoot, use melee. kill. use ults protect objectives kinda like "Gee i dont know?" any defense mission in the game

What an utterly terrible line of reasoning.  Why the hell should they add anything else to the game then lol?

I could care less what you think the lore behind it is.  The devs intent behind the dojo is to give clans something to work together on.  Keep blathering on about lore.  It won't change the fact this idea fits the design intent behind the dojo perfectly.

You also seemed to have missed that part where thousands of people are running the same missions over and over every day and loving it.  Having clan exclusive missions, in clan exclusive settings, with special functionality (building your own defenses) and rewards is something that will have major appeal to most players.  It's why you're the only person in this thread that has objected to the idea thus far.

Edited by Aggh

Imagine 20 people with weapons that cause huge screenshakes.

And you trying to kill stuff with your Latron.

People are making valid points as to why a large scale fight would be out of the question but it could still be an option for a four man squad.

What an utterly terrible line of reasoning.  Why the hell should they add anything else to the game then lol?

I could care less what you think the lore behind it is.  The devs intent behind the dojo is to give clans something to work together on.  Keep blathering on about lore.  It won't change the fact this idea fits the design intent behind the dojo perfectly.

You also seemed to have missed that part where thousands of people are running the same missions over and over every day and loving it.  Having clan exclusive missions, in clan exclusive settings, with special functionality (building your own defenses) and rewards is something that will have major appeal to most players.  It's why you're the only person in this thread that has objected to the idea thus far.

no. it doesn't fit it at all. not only that you missed my point completely from the very start and. but its now pointless to argue. so i'll say this again. 

the clan exists to offer something new to warframe. it offers COMPLETELY different gameplay and gives you the opportunity do something different that you can build upon. 

current gameplay should be kept separate from clan activities 

Edited by Tainted_Fox

no. it doesn't fit it at all. not only that you missed my point completely from the very start and. but its now pointless to argue. so i'll say this again.

the clan exists to offer something new to warframe. it offers COMPLETELY different gameplay and gives you the opportunity do something different that you can build upon.

current gameplay should be kept separate from clan activities

Lol? Now you're just dribbling nonsense from your keyboard onto the screen. The whole purpose of clans in video games is to play the game with clan mates. I don't understand why you're trying to make clans out to be something they are not and were never meant to be.

Edited by Aggh