Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Quanta Cubes Of Crash

SoverignSeraph

Decided to try out a fast firing build for mirage and the quanta vandal.  Which is a really fun and strong build.

Basically I run around firing 10 cubes per shot in rapid succession using multishot on the quanta vandal and using Mirage's Hall of Mirrors.

The fps drops to 0 when they explode i assume because of all the particle effects, i was somewhat ok with the short lag on explosion, but then after some time the game started to stutter then finally locking up and crashing even while i wasn't shooting too many of the cubes.

please improve the performance of the cube explosions and fix whatever causes that crash.

Is the Evolution Engine Crash Reporter launching and giving you a WAR-#? Please post it if you're able to.

We've duplicated your loadout locally and we've been able to recreate the situation you described; we're investigating a way to improve the performance.

Edited by Xander

It appears we were generating an extra effect when cubes hit cubes; we've removed it for the next update and you should see an improvement.

This seems to be a good place to mention this. Mirage with Kulstar causes major performance issues. I had a mirage shooting me with their Kulstar causing my FPS to drop from a steady 60 to a 20 or lower (I always have FPS on my HUD). It also causes a lot of screen shake, which is probably intentional but is also extremely bothersome.

This seems to be a good place to mention this. Mirage with Kulstar causes major performance issues. I had a mirage shooting me with their Kulstar causing my FPS to drop from a steady 60 to a 20 or lower (I always have FPS on my HUD). It also causes a lot of screen shake, which is probably intentional but is also extremely bothersome.

Seems the issue here is multishot on the Kulstar is straining the GPU with stacking explosions. Lowering Particle Quality should help in in the interim while we work on a solution.