Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #58

[DE]Rebecca

Join us this Friday, August 21 for Devstream #58!

Who: Join the crew on the couch: Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon and Scott!

What: It's Q&A time! We'll be taking questions from everyone from this thread.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us Friday, August 21 at 2:00 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10:00 a.m. on August 21! Get your questions in!

Can't wait for the next livestream :D

My Main Questions:

Question 1:

Can Horizontal Wall-running be Re-implemented?

Wall-running was my favorite part of the old Parkour system, I was really excited to see the updated version

of wallrunning in Devstream 52 but then it was dropped for "wall-hopping" Which isnt exactly bad but

Wall-hopping/Wall-dashing seems slow and awkward looking as compared to Horizontal wall-running.

All that would need to be done is to add the feature to wall-run by Holding sprint [shift] next to a wall.

Example:

cS6GpzM.jpg

It would even be possible to have it draw from your wall-latch/bullet-glide energy because of its faster

movement, It would be nice to see that all of that work on directional wall-running ( Shown in devstream

52 ) didn't go to waste.

Question 2:

Kubrow parkour 2.0/Kubrow Commands?

I know I have asked this question many times before but now that the changes to the incubator are done

do you think there will be more focus on kubrow functionality? Mainly kubrow pathing/parkour and commands?

Even with the new chesa kubrow sentinels seem to come out on top ( Mainly Carrier ), It would be nice

to see abilitys that only kubrows can do instead of trying to just make kubrows like sentinels.

Question 3:

Will we get to have more choice in the warframe's Campaign/story?

Some of the best moments in my experience of the warframe lore/story is when I got to choose a path, 

Like in the Vor's prize quest you can choose weather or not to spare a colonist ship by sabotaging the 

grineer galleon, or when simaris was added to the game we got to see a very limited but functional

dialogue option, where we could choose what to say to simaris ( even though it was quite limited ), It

would be amazing to see more of these options in the future game, it would make your story in the 

warframe universe feel more meaningful instead of being just another tenno going on the same mission.

Mini Questions:

1: Can we get the option to add more than 3 cosmetic loadouts in the future?

2: Will there be more unique alert weapons/skins in the future? Like the heat dagger or pangolin sword?

3: Can we also see more Unique weapon skins? Ones that change the whole weapon mesh instead of just a

re-texture? Something like the manticore/brokk hammer skin for scindo?

4: Melee charge attack status?

5: Will we be seeing more exciting game-modes for archwing? Why not have faction battles in space? with

Grineer and corpus ships firing at each other, It would even make for a cool archwing/ground mission.

6: Any thoughts on the next tileset? Orokin moon base? Swamplands? Sci-fi City?

7: Is the orbiter compartment going to be expanded? I wouldn't mind having my own customizable orbiter

rooms.

8: Can we see some NPC quests? maybe from the random NPCs in the relay?

9: Can we see some tilesets that don't have any corpus/grineer building designs in them? I love the

faction designs but they start to get repetitive when they are in almost every mission, something

like earth without grineer buildings would be amazing to see, or the corpus ice caves without any

corpus shipwrecks.

10: Are there plans for more syndicate cosmetics/weapons? Augment mods are nice but I hope we can see

more syndicate themed items.

Edited by KyleDelta

ETA on Pre-Corpus Valkyr skin?

ETA on rapier?

Kubrow 2.0 so there can actually be a reason to use them?

How is the progress on the J3 Golem?

Who is the next Warframe you guys are looking to rework?

Stealth 2.0?

New weapon augments and more syndicate stuff in general? (not just weapon specific mods like the ones from U17)

More information the about steam workshop and Warframe together? (I remember Rebecca stating that it is coming)

Edited by Junktron

Q1: Rumors say that Focus System was found dead in a dark and cold room in DE's building, is this true?

Q2: Any plans on doing ground movement (handspring/backflips, slide, side-rolling, etc.) more appealing? (maybe give them more speed while using parkour 2.0 mods or elemental visual effects).

Q3: Any plans on adding more missions and content to archwings? it feels incomplete and we´re getting a raid soon??

Q4: Steve, any ideas about mission crafting? mission modifiers, mob density, risk/rewards, etc.

Q5: Any plans about improving Excavations UI clutter? here's a suggestion.

Edited by Zaniux

Have you considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items? Connecting the golds to one of the main colors has made it difficult to color Immortal skins on frames like Volt, Nova and Loki Prime.

And I miss my Prime Gold glow…

Isn’t it counterintuitive to stamp out lootcaves with Starchart 2.0 for farming too efficiently and influencing player behavior, while providing “meta” skills (like Desecrate, Pilfering Swarm and Effigy’s credit boost) to make farming more efficient and encourage "Mash the loot button" playstyles? Have you considered alternatives to farming endless missions when it comes to player access to rare mods and affinity?

Damage-dealing powers have long been criticized for their inability to keep up with increases in enemy survivability as weapons do. Many augments (like Disarming Bolts, Soul Survivor or the elemental infusions) are often seen as a grindwall to “fix” these weak abilities. Previously you’ve stated that you might make blanket changes to improve the baseline scalability of these powers; any news on that?

In Melee 2.0, Scythes lost their powerful charged attacks and fell behind more specialized Channeling or Berserker weapons. The Scythe-exclusive mod teased alongside Covert Lethality and Adhesive Blast appears to have been pulled before U17. As Anku is generally stronger than the harder-to-get Reaper Prime and Hate, can we expect a baseline buff to older scythes? 

Edited by Archwizard

When is there going to be new Corpus stuff? The last 3 updates have been most or all Grineer stuff. The last Corpus weapon was over 7 months ago.

(Infested have had a lack of stuff as well, but they are at least getting J3 Golem)

Edited by MoaRider

I will keep asking the following questions

Also, much of my text seems to have gone invisible so some highlighting is required to see most of it.

Since the dark sword and dark dagger are receiving new and unique models, will the heat sword/dagger and ceramic dagger/cronus receive similar treatment? As a side note, could the same idea go for the ether sword and ether dagger

It was mentioned that a new dual sword stance may be released. Can this be confirmed or shown? Also, is there an ETA on the dark sword and dark dagger combo?

Will Nekros ever receive a rework? I feel he is unbecoming of the title necromancer and needs a full rework involving empowering his minions and sustaining himself through their life force (sacrifice)

Again, is the idea of a dark greatsword, heat greatsword, ceramic greatsword, and ether greatsword a possibility? I think it would be interesting to have a small-medium-large type layout for these weapons

Will we ever see a new flamethrower or a flamethrower rework? The ones we have can be pitifully weak, the actual flamethrower we have doesn't have an automatic flame proc but shoots flames, and they can achieve alarming ranges for what they are supposed to be

Will we see new weapon augments that are weapon specific? The ones shown in the recent devstream were weapon class specific, not weapon specific

Any ideas on what you will do for excalibur augments? I think an augment that gave him a nikana or greatsword for exalted blade would be an interesting addition

Will we ever see weapons with varied channeling stats? The current cookie cutout 1.5x damage and 5 efficiency is boring and doesn't allow for unique and interesting channeling builds or channeling focused weapons. I still personally believe that ether weapons should be a class of weapons meant for channeling builds.

Will we ever see event type infested weapons? We have wraith and vandal, which are often associated with grineer and corpus weapons respectively, but we have yet to see the infested receive the same treatment. Imagine a scourge embolist or a plague torid (prefix pending)

Will we ever see head items for warframes? Things such as sedge hats or halos? I know it was said it would be hard with positioning on each frame, but if the demand is high enough will we see something

As a final joking question or 2

Viking helmet or armor for excalibur? Or maybe even a sedge hat for excalibur?

Massive fiery greatsword or icy greatsword? Basically elemental greatsword to fulfill my dreams of having forstmourne or the real surtur's sword

Edited by Surtur

Are there any plans to revisit Sharkwing? For example, speed it up so it's not so tedious to go through Sharkwing missions? My Itzal feels slow and my Elytron feels more like it's standing still.

Speaking of archwing, when are we going to get some more archwing mission types? (Fomorian sabotage was fun back during eyes of blight?) And less placeholder enemies like every corpus unit besides gox and ranger variants being a reskinned osprey?

What frame is next on the list for reworks? Rhino was touched not too long ago but he could really use the Excal and Frost treatment to actually become useful in gametypes like raids. Limbo, Saryn, Ember... There's lots of frames who could use some love.

Focus? Still focused on focus. It breaks my heart every time I bring a level 30 anything to a mission only for the XP it gains to be completely wasted.

Are we going to see any changes to block mechanics? Right now, it feels like blocking is pointless since it's either just some small amount of DR or channeling but eating through your energy like an infested ancient eats through potato chips. Melee still needs all the help it can get to compete with guns, and blocking is already limited by the fact that you can't shoot and the fact that it's only the frontal arc.

One thing I want to compliment you guys on though is how you buffed enemy XP gain. I don't see this mentioned much, but making elites like elite lancers give 250 XP instead of 70 like normal mook enemies makes high level missions much less grindy for levelling.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Why do we have rare tiles in the game? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/508555-u17-rare-tiles-and-non-decorative-doors/#entry5678583

Any news of the orbiter?

What is the next major project/2.0? (early, I know) please be archwing, please be archwing, please be archwing.....

The forums have been throwing around Ash, Mesa, Saryn, and Valkyr for a while. So what will be the next frame rework or ability change?

Edited by Postal_pat