Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 58 Overview

DE_Adam

Echoes of the Sentient is live on PC, which means this week's Devstream content looks far into the future!  Exploring concept for the Orokin-colonized Moon, WIP details of the upcoming Kavat Kubrow, and some incredible new Warframe and weapon skins are all on the table for discussion.  We even got our very first glimpse into the Tenno Brawler, a new Warframe ready to bring the fight directly to the opposition.

Check the Devstream 58 Overview for all the juicy details and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

Loving the concepts of the premium skins, although I am somewhat disappointed with the interpretation of the Valkyr model. I had interpreted it as being much more slender, with a narrower and deeper torso. (To clarify, I am not referring to her breasts, but the implied shape of the ribcage.)

It is very nice to be seeing these concepts being played around with, even if these are only very early designs.

Something I've been thinking about since seeing that Trinity skin, but why not split Trinity's skirts into auxiliary cosmetics? I very much like the design of the skirt in the concept, but not so much the skin, and would like to be able to run the skirt as a replacement for Trinity's current infamous lobster alongside her default model.

My thought on functionality is somewhere between Nekros's Mortos Binds and Volt's shoulders, using the auxiliary cosmetic slot but having a default attachment when nothing else is selected. 

Edited by Kthal

Ty for this overview^^ I really liked all the things DE showed this time.

A lot of interesting ideas and things to come.

But he amazing Warframe skins -created with the help of skillfull community-master-artists- were one of many, if not the biggest, highlights imo^^ (dat Trinity...I don't even....love the look)

Great job <3 

Edited by Fabpsi

Stream was great, overview also great, sad I missed it but glad all that info got shared <3!

It was a really nice stream, indeed. 

But all of your little Tenno missed you, mommy Lotus <3 (especially since uncle Sheldon can get pretty scary :s) 

pwNucqD.png

Good thing all the other devs around him stopped his takeover^^

Edited by Fabpsi

WIP details of the upcoming Kavat Kubrow

Is this confirmation that Kavat is simply another breed of Kubrow?

I suspected that they would use the same mods and carry the same basic mechanics of Kubrows, but I guess this confirms it anyway.

I don't see any reason they wouldn't follow the trend set by Syndicate Secondaries -- separate weapons, not skins.

I'm hoping it will be like that. But reading DE_Adam overview, one can think they will be skins.

EDIT : btw. I was hoping for Red Veil Ignis Q.Q

Edited by tocorro

I'm hoping it will be like that. But reading DE_Adam overview, one can think they will be skins.

What do you mean "think"????

He says, "skins". Not syndicate weapons. He says syndicate weapon skins.

SO- either he needs to edit it for clarity, or they're just skins and not separate weapons. (which if that's the case, i think it sucks, but w/e)

SO- either he needs to edit it for clarity, or they're just skins and not separate weapons. (which if that's the case, i think it sucks, but w/e)

I find it far more likely that Adam simply worded it poorly. I'd bet money they're separate weapons.

DE_Adam says skins, Devstream suggested weapons.

And that is exactly why I did ask for a clarification.

DE_Adam says skins, Devstream suggested weapons.

And that is exactly why I did ask for a clarification.

After looking it over again, I think I can assure you that whoever wrote it up made some mistakes.

Especially calling the Perrin Sequence penta, a Quanta....(someone needs to switch back from Decafe back to regular coffee at DE imo)

Thanks for the summary, nice to get a better look at the images they posted.

Still kinda dissapointed my question was so joked away because someone had changed it to adress the wrong entity. Joking away questions is something they do all the time, i have no problem with that and i'm glad my question was actualy picked, but i would have prefered them doing it with the actual version i posted.

Anyway.

Reviewing all the mods? Now that actualy got my attention more than a melee multi-shot one.

So Umbras are definetly a thing. Well Umbra Excal didn't blew me away from what i could see. Hope the others look more interesting.

Wonder if the Orbiter expansion will turn them into something similar to a private dojo?

More variants of Corpus enemies is definetly something the faction is in dire need of. It's never good when Grineer are laughing at someones lack of fashion.

Trinity's skin looks like it was done by a big ZOE or Linebarrels of Iron fan.

Ehm. That's not a Quanta but a Penta.

Allright on closer inspection the Brawler frame concept looks pretty creepy. His chest looks like exposed muscles which also dangle around at the stomach area. Going to be interesting how the model designers will translate that artwork.

Poor moon. What have the Orokin done to you! Getting a weird Dark Souls feeling from those images.

So does "replacements" mean the current one will be gone for good? I guess the more modular appearance would allow future expansions. So when something similar to Archwing is introduced there won't be an issue with it being visible on the Liset.

Edited by Othergrunty