Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tiberon. Something Needs To Be Done With This Weapon.

Sonicdh6

I love the Tiberon for both its look and its power. What's wrong you ask? Well, the Tiberon is powerful but not enough to go through high leveled enemies or certain situations that require a powerful rifle like the Braton Prime. I actualy want to see the Tiberon either get a buff or a Prime or alternate version of it (Wraith, Dex, Umbra, Mara, etc). I really want this weapon to have a future in warframe. The Tiberon really seems and feels like a powerful wepon but it always feels like something is missing from this weapon.

I love the Tiberon for both its look and its power. What's wrong you ask? Well, the Tiberon is powerful but not enough to go through high leveled enemies or certain situations that require a powerful rifle like the Braton Prime. I actualy want to see the Tiberon either get a buff or a Prime or alternate version of it (Wraith, Dex, Umbra, Mara, etc). I really want this weapon to have a future in warframe. The Tiberon really seems and feels like a powerful wepon but it always feels like something is missing from this weapon.

With the syndicate primaries coming I wouldn't be surprised if a Telos Tiberon is sold by the Arbiters of Hexis since it is one of the Tenno primaries which hasn't received a prime as of yet

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

Tiberon deals an incredible amount of Damage. if Armor is beating you down, your response should be more Damage.

ultimately, it is Level limited since it doesn't use Status. that's its style however, a ton of Damage, but nothing else. no frills, just Damage.

however, if you truly feel like performance is not up to what you're looking for, perhaps take a look at Harpak. it also has quite high Damage per projectile, with okay Status and good Crits.

I can safely say if I'm thinking of going a 40min T4 the chances that I take Tiberon is non existent.. Honestly, seriously non-existent I have 6 forma on mine for full on pure damage, and I would rather take a paracyst to strip away armour and the swap to pyrana to kill than take a Tiberon and try and kill anything with decent shields or armour

Tiberon is perfectly fine. High dmg with high accuracy rating and decent mag make well balanced. The reason you cannot kill high lvl enemies so fast is because ArmorScaling is broken in the game.

And Braton P, as all other status weapons, are better lategame, because they can strip armor with status procs.

I would love if the TIberon got a hard hitting LMG variant of itself, make it the Prime or something.  Or, just a TIberon with more ammo in the mag, like the Braton, 45/60/75 round variants.

A Tiberon with 90 rounds in the mag, still burst fire, still hard hitting, maybe also add on more critical chance so it can hit even harder with more ammo in the mag.  Then, the normal tiberon, buff it's base crit chance and multiplier up a little. 

I do like my Tiberon, but something does seem odd about it when in higher lvl dungeons.  It goes from 1 bursting stuff to needing half the mag....as headshots.

Personally, I think we're looking at this problem from the wrong angle. The Tiberon is an amazing example of what a weapon SHOULD be - reliable, gorgeous to look at, fun and effective to use. Not so disgustingly top-tier as to be the victim of half a dozen nerf threads a week, but not completely pathetic either. A perfect middle-of-the-road gun, that should frankly be the baseline by which all other guns are judged. Maybe it does deserve a buff, and could be more than just the Mario of rifles eventually. But a lot of other weapons could learn from its example, and DE could stand to buff a lot of other deserving guns using the Tiberon as a reference point.

The Tiberon, if modified correctly with the proper mods, is one of the most precise, and powerful burst rifles in Warframe.  I have builds (with corny names to remind me of the builds) that you may want to try but I'm warning you, all weapons you may consider weak may prove to be powerful only after you've put enough love and care (and Formas) into them.  I have TWO weapon builds I call them (Enforcer) Builds:

Tiberon Enforcer Build:  (This build I called the enforcer not only because it makes the weapon sound like a bamf weapon, but because it reminds me of a certain build style that I pair with other weapons to make them work well together in a pinch, ie. if one type of weapon isn't doing the trick, whip out the secondary or the melee, and the enforcer builds will act as a counterpart for the other.) 

Idea: Hitting multiple target in line with each other, since the critical and status chance is low, up the chances by round expenditure and targets hit, heightening the chances of the desired effect, in the case of the Tiberon, criticals/status/radiation.

Build:  Shred/Serration/Speed Trigger/Split Chamber/Hellfire/Wildfire/Thermite Rounds/Stormbringer.

Akmagnus Enforcer Build (aka) Shattering Enforcers (aka) Ak"Fragnus"s:

Idea: These weapons are revolvers with pinpoint accuracy, high rate of fire, and high critical and status potential, the idea behind these pistols is to use that to an advantage, making the majority of rounds fired proc an explosive crit.  It works amazingly against certain enemies, and for those it doesn't work against, the Tiberon dishes out the dirt in their stead, and if not that the Dragon Nikana build, but I'll spare you guys too much bs and just leave you with these two builds to try (If you're able or willing).

Build:  Primed Pistol Gambit/Barrel Diffusion/Lethal Torrent/Hornet Strike/Scorch/Frostbite/Deepfreeze/Target Cracker. (You can play around and switch out Frostbite for the main Fire mod to up the damage sacrificing a slight and unnoticeable status chance.)

Try those two together if you want, you can call them whatever you want to remember the name, and if you don't love'm  I'm sorry, but personally, unless I'm going into a mission with heavy enemy reinforcements and a scaling enemy rank, they're always in hand.

I do love my Tiberon and I have a bunch of forma on it.

However it suffers from two problems.

1.) Low status performance.  Let me amend that;  the lowest status performance.  I'm not even joking. Tiberon has the lowest status chance of any primary weapon, at 2.5%.   The only things lower are the Furis and Lato (1%).  I don't think that makes sense for something that has such steep build requirements.

2.) Low crit performance.  It's a precise weapon which means head shots are a thing you can do.  However there are many other precise weapons that score head shots, and have high crit chances. Because of the way crits interact with head shots, marksman weapons that do not crit will simply never be as powerful as something like a bow, latron, soma, etc etc.

Because of this, Tiberon is strong up until the point that enemies stop dying in one or two bursts, and then it just falls flat on its face. Many weapons are far more powerful thanks to crits and the ones that aren't outright more powerful maintain their usefulness by merit of status procs.

------------

Fix?

> Status chance:  2.5% -> 10%

This is completely ordinary for primary weapons.

> Critical chance: 5% -> 20%

> Critical multiplier: x2 -> x1.5

And here's why:  If you make it a 20%/x2 crit weapon, then crit mods becomes almost mandatory and a straight up DPS buff over elementals. By increasing the crit chance to the point that it can be pretty reliable (50% with point strike) but reducing the magnitude, you make the decision whether to have Vital Sense basically up to personal taste for shoots to the torso while making it a far more rewarding weapon to use for head shots.

(Incidentally this brings it very much in line with the Attica. Look at the stats and consider it.)

I do love my Tiberon and I have a bunch of forma on it.

However it suffers from two problems.

1.) Low status performance.  Let me amend that;  the lowest status performance.  I'm not even joking. Tiberon has the lowest status chance of any primary weapon, at 2.5%.   The only things lower are the Furis and Lato (1%).  I don't think that makes sense for something that has such steep build requirements.

2.) Low crit performance.  It's a precise weapon which means head shots are a thing you can do.  However there are many other precise weapons that score head shots, and have high crit chances. Because of the way crits interact with head shots, marksman weapons that do not crit will simply never be as powerful as something like a bow, latron, soma, etc etc.

Because of this, Tiberon is strong up until the point that enemies stop dying in one or two bursts, and then it just falls flat on its face. Many weapons are far more powerful thanks to crits and the ones that aren't outright more powerful maintain their usefulness by merit of status procs.

------------

Fix?

> Status chance:  2.5% -> 10%

This is completely ordinary for primary weapons.

> Critical chance: 5% -> 20%

> Critical multiplier: x2 -> x1.5

And here's why:  If you make it a 20%/x2 crit weapon, then crit mods becomes almost mandatory and a straight up DPS buff over elementals. By increasing the crit chance to the point that it can be pretty reliable (50% with point strike) but reducing the magnitude, you make the decision whether to have Vital Sense basically up to personal taste for shoots to the torso while making it a far more rewarding weapon to use for head shots.

(Incidentally this brings it very much in line with the Attica. Look at the stats and consider it.)

Yeah, TIberon would benefit greatly from a vastly improved Crit chance.,  If its all about damage, then it could use a higher crit chance.  I find that the weapon 1 shots early, then later starts taking the whole mag to kill stuff, even in the head.  Things like gunners and healers start taking gobs of damage.  Bad for a gun that spends so mcuh time reloading.

I think buffing its Crit chance to like 15% would be good, then we could buff it a bit.  Give it a 3.0x crit multiplier. 

The Tiberon is powerful as hell, but damage falloff makes it fall off hard. It could use an even crit and status amount, keeping it close to the Latron theme. 10-15% on each would do nicely with the 2.5x crit multiplier all Latrons seem to have.

Weapons besides shotguns have falloff?

not damage falloff over range.. damage falloff because the armour and health is too much... this weapon lategame viable, no matter your setup, 4xCP or not, to be brutally honest I take the Paracyst over the Tiberon to T4 any day

and just so that I'm clear on this... my paracyst has no forma, my Tiber on 7 forma and potato.... its not going anywhere near late game, Void or star chart

Edited by Sibernetika

Not every gun needs to be endgame viable but in the case of the Tiberon, it comes down to skill. A pure raw damage gun like the MK-1 Braton will reach up to twenty mins of T4 survival with barely any problems, Tiberon does more damage hence will fall off slower but if your aim sucks, then it's more about the gun shooting at burst and not being able to shoot.