Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Resolved] Global Performance Drop

Arcadiace

To begin, I can't say whether or not this was due to a driver update. I'm still under the impression was fully updated, in all regards, before and after this issue.

Simply starting Warframe after clicking "Play" on the launcher results in huge performance drops in every function of my PC, resulting in me Alt-F4'ing Warframe to resolve the issue. A yellow triangle with an exclamation appears in my taskbar, and even lingers after closing the game; I cannot interact with the icon, either.

In one test, I had my Task Manager open to view the usage of Warframe/Evolution Engine; neither presented abnormal or excessive resource usage.

Specifications:

GeForce Windows 10 Drive Version 355.60

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

Intel i7-4790k

32GB RAM

1920 x 1080, Dual-Display

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Verifying/Optimize cache via launcher had no effect.
Checking/Unchecking DirectX9/10 in any combination had no effect.
Adjusting resolution settings via EE.cfg yields no effect.
Clearing all cache/local data had no effect.
Uninstalling, clearing data and reinstalling (including to multiple different drives; SSD or HDD) had no effect. Multiple attempts made.

Resolved Edit:

Literally just a Windows 10 update required. Had to be adamant about checking for updates, and Windows 10 wasn't very consistent in its "Up to date" messages.
Edited by Arcadiace

Windows 10 works fine for me. Should be something else hmm any windows update?

Despite the fact that Windows kept tossing me "Up to date" messages, this was it. Thank you for forcing me to be persistent with clicking the "Check for updates" button.

Edited by Arcadiace