Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Status+ Mods.

Magneu

Although there are more than just these two, this topic concerns Shattering Justice and Entropy Burst.

Why do these mods only add to the base status chance (aka, a flat value), while additional status mods still scale off of of the base status? Sobek has a base 15% chance, although shotgun mechanics make status very, very average unless they can hit 100%; making additional mods scale off of the syndicate augment mods would make the Sobek the second shotgun capable of hitting 100% status. The Supra is an even worse offender, as it has a a pitiful base status of 5%. Yes, it gives a nice little boost to status, but even after the buff, how many Supra's do you see?

As is, syndicate status+ mods are either not working as intended, or are working as intended to prevent those two weapons from being "overpowered". I would love to use my Sobek more, but the Strun Wraith just outscales it so hard on the status spectrum.

Although there are more than just these two, this topic concerns Shattering Justice and Entropy Burst.

Why do these mods only add to the base status chance (aka, a flat value), while additional status mods still scale off of of the base status? Sobek has a base 15% chance, although shotgun mechanics make status very, very average unless they can hit 100%; making additional mods scale off of the syndicate augment mods would make the Sobek the second shotgun capable of hitting 100% status. The Supra is an even worse offender, as it has a a pitiful base status of 5%. Yes, it gives a nice little boost to status, but even after the buff, how many Supra's do you see?

As is, syndicate status+ mods are either not working as intended, or are working as intended to prevent those two weapons from being "overpowered". I would love to use my Sobek more, but the Strun Wraith just outscales it so hard on the status spectrum.

I just don't use status at all with shotguns, lol. 

since shotgun status is divided by pellets the sobek mod is extremely underwhelming. either the mod or shotgun status chance calculation needs reevaluation. currently there is no 100% status shotgun available, resulting in the kohm being the one and only usable status "shotgun" (only because of its unique pellet mechanic). fixing sobek syndicate mod would allow it to fill the 100% status role untill strun wraith and boar prime return from the vault.

it's an other case with the supra; 25% status before multishot is actually sufficient on a full auto gun imo (especially with supras newly buffed dps).

Edited by xenon_nobelium

since shotgun status is divided by pellets the sobek mod is extremely underwhelming. either the mod or shotgun status chance calculation needs reevaluation. currently there is no 100% status shotgun available, resulting in the kohm being the one and only usable status "shotgun" (only because of its unique pellet mechanic). fixing sobek syndicate mod would allow it to fill the 100% status role untill strun wraith and boar prime return from the vault.

it's an other case with the supra; 25% status before multishot is actually sufficient on a full auto gun imo (especially with supras newly buffed dps).

The Hek can be modded for 100%, but it does not proc like the Strun Wraith or the Boar Prime.

The Hek can be modded for 100%, but it does not proc like the Strun Wraith or the Boar Prime.

thats why i dont mention it, it needs to be 100% status BEFORE multishot for true mass proccing, thats when the actual chance gets calculated. so heks best is 85% (4dual stat mods) / 7pellets (before multishot) = 12% proc chance per pellet, not worth losing dmg for imo. especially with boar p and strun wraith guaranteed per pellet proc chance and kohms 85% per pellet chance @ full status build.

fyi max pellets (multishot) @ max status (without shotgun savvy):

hek = ~30 x 12%

sobek = ~9 x 18%

kohm (full spool)= ~26 x 85%

boar prime =  ~20 x 100%

strun wraith = 22 x 100%

100% status Strun Wraith can be achieved with multishot and 3 dual stat mods. Corrosive/Fire is especially effective here; with a single Corrosive Projection, I can 4-6 shot level 100 gunners to the head.

100% status Strun Wraith can be achieved with multishot and 3 dual stat mods. Corrosive/Fire is especially effective here; with a single Corrosive Projection, I can 4-6 shot level 100 gunners to the head.

i'm well aware of that (you only need the 3 dual stat mods to be precise), but all the 100% status shotguns are vaulted atm. a new player has a whole weapon type unavailable to them. the sobek could be this replacement if only the syndicate mod would truly add BASE status (15+20+0,6*(15+20)*4>100 as opposed to the current formula 15+20+0,6*15*4 <100). which, may i remind us all, was the original topic here.

p.s.: didn't realize just now that you're the op sry XD. maybe i needed to clarify more specifically that i was talking about a new-ish player that just now takes interest in a status shotgun and his lack of 100% options.

Edited by xenon_nobelium

I Dont know about Supra.

But I proc a lot with Sobek and it have high damage numbers, maybe it would be OP with 100%?

That is my doubt, and remember Hek is 2.0s reload per 4 shots, Sobek is 4.0s per 20 shots Hek need to reload 4 times to shot 20 wich end on 8.0S , so Sobek reload is not that bad.

I Dont know about Supra.

But I proc a lot with Sobek and it have high damage numbers, maybe it would be OP with 100%?

That is my doubt, and remember Hek is 2.0s reload per 4 shots, Sobek is 4.0s per 20 shots Hek need to reload 4 times to shot 20 wich end on 8.0S , so Sobek reload is not that bad.

On anything with multishot, whether it be shotgun or just regular gun with multishot mods equipped, getting to 100% status before multishot mods are applied makes all bullets/pellets fired always proc.  If you just want to apply some CC status effects then Sobek is fine, but if you want to seriously strip armor or proc damage effects then 100% is the only way to go.  

what's the point of 100% status chance? when it's capped at 100% and does not go beyond 100%, for additional status chance above 100%.

*we need a better/more personalized arsenal UI weapon info.*

Again, you gotta try 100% Corrosive/Fire Strun Wraith if you have it. Only weapon currently worth 100% status IMO (Glaxion would be if beam mechanics were better).

Again, you gotta try 100% Corrosive/Fire Strun Wraith if you have it. Only weapon currently worth 100% status IMO (Glaxion would be if beam mechanics were better).

^i have it. (strun wraith)

I used it.

It's status chance & effects are under whelming.

On anything with multishot, whether it be shotgun or just regular gun with multishot mods equipped, getting to 100% status before multishot mods are applied makes all bullets/pellets fired always proc. If you just want to apply some CC status effects then Sobek is fine, but if you want to seriously strip armor or proc damage effects then 100% is the only way to go.

Don't know why you said it to me...

I already know how multishot works but thanks anyway.

I think pure status mods: Rifle Amplitude, Shotgun Sawy, Sure Shot and Melee Prowes should all be buffed to 30% or 50% . They are complete useles right now.

On anything with multishot, whether it be shotgun or just regular gun with multishot mods equipped, getting to 100% status before multishot mods are applied makes all bullets/pellets fired always proc. If you just want to apply some CC status effects then Sobek is fine, but if you want to seriously strip armor or proc damage effects then 100% is the only way to go.

I think pure status mods: Rifle Amplitude, Shotgun Sawy, Sure Shot and Melee Prowes should all be buffed to 30% or 50% . They are complete useles right now.

Stripping all armor in 4-5 shots and killing in the same 4-6 shots on a level 100 Gunner is not underwhelming in the least.

You cant strip off an entire armor of lvl100 gunner. (less than 0.1% remaining)

Even with such low armor, there's the scaling HP per level, your shotgun will suffer massive ammo consumption & time wasting trying to kill it.

Close range full blast?, good luck trying to SURVIVE that! DPS of over 20~30 from a single gunner (lvl100). I'm sure my estimation is an understatement. 

Even with such low armor, there's the scaling HP per level, your shotgun will suffer massive ammo consumption & time wasting trying to kill it.

Close range full blast?, good luck trying to SURVIVE that! DPS of over 20~30 from a single gunner (lvl100). I'm sure my estimation is an understatement. 

i don't think you know what you're talking about...maybe try the setup out? in the pellet mix are plenty of impact and fire procs: a single (lvl doesn't matter)gunner can't do anything because he is staggering and fire panicking nonstop.

the game even shows you when an enemy lost all armor by changing the HP bars color (from red to yellow..or the other way around?) so i don't know where you got your information from.

Was clarifying just in case since the Sobek and the 100% shotguns are very different beasts in that regard.  I agree about the pure status mods; a buff to something like 80 or even 100% would be warranted, IMO, given that they offer no other stats.

... the pellet mix are plenty of impact and fire procs:..

the game even shows you when an enemy lost all armor by changing the HP bars color (from red to yellow..or the other way around?)...

1) It's 100% full P/I/S or any elemental for me per shot. So if it's slash. Each and every pellet does slash proc. (last tested/seem U17.2.#)

2) Not for me, Red bar = unarmor'ed, yellow = armored. The only bar changing event is Kirll Grill (omg, the frost boss)

Edited by low1991

Well, you basic don't get shot by enemies that you are hiting with Strun Wraith because they are all time in panic from fire procs or stunned while losing all their armor.

You only see a gunner(example) with red bar when you remove ALL the armor, you can see it while using 4 Corrosive Projection, Sonic Fracture from Banshee or using rapid fire high status weapons like Paracyst, Braton Prime, Burston Prime, Grakata, Gorgon Wraith and Mutalist Quanta...

You wil kill the enemy with Strun before remove all armor.

Pretty sure I've seen, hundreds of times, turning any level enemies yellow health bar to red. Let me record a quick video and show you exactly how it works.

https://youtu.be/xl1UeLi4eZA

Boom. You can clearly see the Gunners health bar turn red at the end (ignore my completely wiffing the killing shot). Really only useful on frames with ways to avoid damage/super high damage mitigation. Was run with a single Corrosive Projection, but that honestly didn't even matter (Bombard was dead before armor was stripped). Keep in mind most every pellet was a headshot.

20-30 DPS? I assume you mean that in terms of thousands, which is way, way, waaaaay off. a 9.5k armor Ice Chroma can sustain that fire for a couple seconds with the slow down, and most frames except casters can last around a second while running for cover. This level is outside the norm anyway, as the game is balanced to level 70-80 at highest (Trials).

Edited by Magneu

20-30 DPS? I assume you mean that in terms of thousands, which is way, way, waaaaay off. a 9.5k armor Ice Chroma can sustain that fire for a couple seconds with the slow down, and most frames except casters can last around a second while running for cover. This level is outside the norm anyway, as the game is balanced to level 70-80 at highest (Trials).

Meant to say heavy gunner' DPS to you.

Saw the video, thank. But the strun wraith status effect still feel weak.

At that range, i rather spam E Orthus Prime, and possible to hit both with enough reach.