Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About A Sparring Stance For Kicks?

Vasault

Sparring feels similar to fists stances, i want to see something like hwoarang from tekken, he's still able to do some fist combos, but he is a master in the kick some asses, literally

No, i don't like brutal tide, it has to be the stance i hate most in the game

I wouldn't mind an even more kick oriented stance than Grim Fury, I agree I also dislike Brutal Tide.

Grim Fury's got a decent amount of kicks, but it's a little more like K-1/Kickboxing with a heavy linear bent and still a focus on strikes.

Edited by Gelkor

It would be interesting to see certain sparring stances take on different martial arts styles. I've always wanted to see a mobile Taekwondo sparring stance in the game for these weapons that revolves around fast kicks.

It would definitely be interesting to see a Tae Kwon Do or Muay Thai-inspired sparring stance and/or weapon. Especially if it changed the quick attacks to roundhouses. Flying knee strike would be a simple forward-dash attack, too.

Could maybe use a 'butterfly' combo/sub-stance, letting the user move in any horizontal direction while lashing out with a kick? I had a bit of training in Sport TKD, butterfly kicks seemed to be super important for some reason. So many hop-spin-kicks. Could maybe make that the block-attack.

Also: I never did manage the Home Surgery combo with that Hwoarang dude. Freakin' hard.

This would be cool but the perfect thing to accompany this stance...  A STANCE THAT TURNS YOU INTO KENSHIRO FOR FIST OF THE NORTH STAR or any anime character that does incredibly fast punches and kicks in succession for maximum &#! beating.tumblr_n1vzu4VlO71slk10yo1_1280.gif kenshiro-kick-jagi-o.gifatKwWux.gif

I like brutal tide, but I want this.  Sparring with brutal tide is pretty close range but very slow due to how the flow of the stance can feel like getting swept away with all of the long animations.  The name brutal tide is rather fitting.

That said, I'd like to have kogake that go from that to a focused quick stance with the swap of a stance, and though grim fury's there, it's rather lacking.

This would be cool but the perfect thing to accompany this stance...  A STANCE THAT TURNS YOU INTO KENSHIRO FOR FIST OF THE NORTH STAR or any anime character that does incredibly fast punches and kicks in succession for maximum ! beating.tumblr_n1vzu4VlO71slk10yo1_1280.gif kenshiro-kick-jagi-o.gifatKwWux.gif

ATATATATATATATATATATATA !!! OOAATAAAAAA !!!