Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orchid Saryn Skin Should Be Saryn's Default Skin

Jamescell

Keep in mind that the Orchid Saryn skin was not designed by community members.

Saryn's visual design has become quite outdated. The model itself just seems lower quality as well. I'm not saying that Saryn looks horrible, however, the Orchid Saryn skin looks so much better. What's more, is that it fits Saryn's theme better than her current visuals do, and for the sake of polish, shouldn't a skin that represents her theme better than her current visuals, and stylistically fits much better with new/more elegant Tenno design be her default appearance? The art team has essentially created a visual update for Saryn, but instead of actually implementing the update, they have decided to make a skin out of the effort. I personally don't play Saryn because I'm not a big fan of her visuals (I know, it's silly), and I probably wont play her much more even if the new skin is free. However, I would definitely revisit her if the new skin became her default.

The current skin could become a retro Saryn skin free for everyone who has owned Saryn and purchasable through the market with plat to those that haven't owned Saryn.

Edited by Jamescell

Yeah that made zero sense.

Saryn, or frames in general aren't made to be pretty, that's not their function.

Anything that "prettifies" them, should and always will be cosmetic.

I don't even see why Orchid would fit a poison themed frame by default.

Ivy? Maybe. Not Orchid tho.

Edited by Cynaris

You say that, as DE confirms that they did in fact hire an artist from the community to make those.

Yep. The Rhino and Trinity skin were created by IgnusDei and I am not sure who created the Saryn skin. OP clearly didn't do any research regarding this. 

Edited by LazerSkink

You say that, as DE confirms that they did in fact hire an artist from the community to make those.

the orchid is the one inhouse skin they mentioned.

I do see where you are coming from, her Orchid skin is amazing I don't care how much it costs I am getting it when it comes out. Personally I love the skin she has now, but I dont necessarily love her default skin i find it quite plain, but her Immortal skin fixed that for me, by adding more style and lines which brought out her physique for me. there was a joke going around between me and my friends, her orchid skin is the princess she wanted to be while she was earning money stripping. her current look though is what made me fall in love with her it was very ' woman ', high heels, curves and her bad &#! leg and shoulder attachments set the deal. To me she fits her organic look very well without over doing it like limbo or under doing it like rhino. in conclusion her immortal skin and alt helms make her great how she is

Yep. The Rhino and Trinity skin were created by IgnusDei and I am not sure who created the Saryn skin. OP clearly didn't do any research or watched the devstream.

Oops. I upvoted your post on accident. It's sad that you would jump to such conclusions and voice your criticism in such an assured way, when you are in fact the one who "hasn't done the research". If you had payed attention during the devstream, or had "done research" you would know the orchid design was not in fact done through contracted work. It was done in-house. Do your research. Especially before you damn others for not doing theirs.

Edited by Jamescell

Yeah while I agree orchid looks better, replacing default I feel isn't an option at all. and I don't dislike default either. I think Orchid is deserving of its alt skin status, I mean, if you saw something like that in game you would be guaranteed to do a double take. It is clearly special, and will hurt to dish out the plat. But that is my opinion anyway

Source? I really can't recall them saying one of these was in-house. Though, in retrospect, comparing the styles of those skins, it does make sense...

the quote below, is a quote of what Mat said when they were showing off the skins on the devstream. Also if you look at the artsection in the Codex on the ship and look at the other frame concept arts, the orchid saryn skin is id drawn with the same technique as a few of those.

You are right. Mat stated "The previous one was one of our inhouse concept guys but those two for sure are community."

• 2 weeks later...