Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, It's Time To Buff The Dex Furis Ammo Reserve.

(XBOX)Grihaly

Prisma Grakata: 1,000 reserve ammo

Twin Grakata 1,200 reserve ammo

Supra: 1,000 reserve ammo

What do all these new/buffed weapons have in common? High mag size, high RoF, and high ammo reserve. The Dex Furis, my favorite secondary weapon(s), 6 Forma, and a rank 9 Primed Pistol Mutation, and I have to stop fighting to pick up ammo. There is no run 'n gun. It's run 'n gun 'n stop 'n reload 'n pick up ammo 'n run then you can gun again. These were crafted by the Lotus herself, surly they should have a good ammo reserve. A buff to 1,000 reserve ammo would make the Dex Furis 100x better than they are now. Seriously, who's idea was it, to give an automatic weapon, with quite high fire rate, a whopping TWO reserve mags?! This isn't Battlefield 4, this is Warframe, it's okay for an automatic weapon to pack some reserve mags. It's time for the Dex Furis to elevate to the (ammo) level of the newer weapons.

doesn't matter how large you make the Ammo Pool, it's not going to do any good.

and you thought things like AkSomati or Twin Grakata was Ammunition inefficient? pfft.

unless Dex Furis comes with an innate Pistol Scavenger, you're still going to always end up empty.

Actually, Twin Grakatas' ammo efficiency is worse than AkSomati and Dex Furis combined, quite literally.

By default, Twin Grakatas chew through 40 rounds a second.

As we all know, Dex Furis has just 20RPS ammo consumption (equal to firerate) with AkSomati spewing out 12.5 rounds per second.

Grakatas shoot at just 20RPS, but they use two units of ammunition per shot.

They are just as inefficient as day0 Glaxion.

Edited by Mofixil

With Primed Ammo Mutation the increased reserve would be indeed useful, contrary to some players' beliefs in here, ammo vanishes quite fast through overlapping if not picked up, that when carrier isn´t wasting a whole pack to refill a couple bullets.

These minor things do hinder an already inneficient ammo wise weapon, like dex furis, aksomati, komak, wraith twin vipers, etc.

So yeah, increasing  their ammo pools would be rather welcome at least for consistency's sake.

And terrain from our promised land, where ammo pick ups are % and not #.

Buff an annually available weapon?

People will scream.

Buff the ammo, yes.

Let them.

and you thought things like AkSomati or Twin Grakata was Ammunition inefficient? pfft.

unless Dex Furis comes with an innate Pistol Scavenger, you're still going to always end up empty.

Sure it will.

If I really, really try, and there is enough enemies dropping ammo, the current-state Dex Furis (with Prime ammo mutation) can just barely have a full mag (with slim to none in reserve). Buffing the max ammo would make them as efficient as the AkStilettos. 

Buffing the max ammo would make them as efficient as the AkStilettos. 

More like, letting them gain more ammo from a pickup would make them just as efficient.

Ammo efficiency comes from damage per unit of ammo and amount of ammo regained per ammo drop. Heavy hitters always have better ammo economy than bullet hoses, there are no exceptions to this rule UNLESS heavy hitter get abysmal amount of very rare ammunition compared to huge chunks of ammo for bullet hoses.

However, within the same category and RNG driven ammo drops, heavy hitter always have better efficiency.

Actually, Twin Grakatas' ammo efficiency is worse than AkSomati and Dex Furis combined, quite literally.

By default, Twin Grakatas chew through 40 rounds a second.

their Damage per Ammunition is considerably higher than the others that it's being compared to.

average Damage per shot:

Twin Grakata: 1539.339 (769.6695 per Ammo)

Dex Furis: 658.56 per Ammo

AkSomati: 1898.337 per Ammo

now, i'll admit that i forgot about AkSomati's Crit Damage value, as that's what brings it ahead.

Scott did... Intentionally. He boosted the damage and lowered the ammo reserve.

and made an interesting Weapon because of it! a good amount of Ammo that expects you to use some skill with your Weapon in managing your Ammunition, and the result is good performance.

ooooor, okay sit down for this, use pistol ammo mutation mods or max ammo increasing mods to counter the low total ammo instead of buffing the weapon so the mods are useless :o 

Dont forget Aksomati and the braton prime. Who the hell gives a primary automatic rifle 375 reserve ammo. 

you actually run out of ammo for the braton prime? really?

ooooor, okay sit down for this, use pistol ammo mutation mods or max ammo increasing mods to counter the low total ammo instead of buffing the weapon so the mods are useless :o 

Who said useless? Even with 1,000 reserve ammo, at 32 (this is with my mods, I forget default) RPM you will never see a full ammo capacity once those bullets start flying. With a Primed Mutation and 1k in reserve, you'd (probably) never run out of ammo. Then they would be on par with semi-auto pistols, which never run out of ammo, and do more damage. Irony?

They could buff the accuracy a little on them....8.7 is really damn bad.  I cant even get the things to hit the same spot from 2 inches away....getting head shot kills is hard with them, even burst firing.

No gun in this game should have acc below like 10.....

But ammo increases to like 700 for the Aksomati would be grand.  When its any thing more serious then a Crossfire on Mars, I run out of ammo in those things very quickly....it really does ruin an otherwise really good gun.

Edited by KnightCole

Not picking out this user, I'd like to address a certain point-

While in missions, we have 4 powers and 3 weapons at our disposal. Even if you only take the Dex Furis secondary, you still have 4 Warframe powers to wreck faces with, or at least keep enemies off-balance, while you replenish your ammo by opening the ubiquitous storage containers. We also have Ammo Pads, which are essentially extra magazines for your weapon.

There's also the very real fact that I use Dual Cestras (same ammo pool, rapidfire, wildly inaccurate to boot) with only a basic Ammo Mutation mod and it NEVER runs out of ammo. NEVER. And that's if I use them exclusively, without switching to other weapons. Granted, a lot of that has to do with them doing like 1000 damage per bullet, however, I would like it if the Dex weapons got some kind of special ability instead of a straight up boring damage buff. Even a bigger ammo pool would be fine, though lackluster. Dex Dakra could get a unique charge attack effect, Dex Furis could get a unique Lotus Syndicate effect lol

•Edited for neatness

Edited by DarkTails

Granted, a lot of that has to do with them doing like 1000 damage per bullet, however, I would like it if the Dex weapons got some kind of special ability instead of a straight up boring damage buff. Even a bigger ammo pool would be fine, though lackluster. Dex Dakra could get a unique charge attack effect, Dex Furis could get a unique Lotus Syndicate effect

yep. Cestra is 25 Damage base, with much higher accuracy.

it certainly fares a lot better.

unique facets, by all means. everything should feel different to use.

They could buff the accuracy a little on them....8.7 is really damn bad.  I cant even get the things to hit the same spot from 2 inches away....getting head shot kills is hard with them, even burst firing.

No gun in this game should have acc below like 10.....

But ammo increases to like 700 for the Aksomati would be grand.  When its any thing more serious then a Crossfire on Mars, I run out of ammo in those things very quickly....it really does ruin an otherwise really good gun.

i have no problem with the accuracy, just the ammo.