Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Craftable Mines For The Gear Wheel

DarkRuler2500

Greetings, Tenno.

Today me and Scharkie1333 would like to present a new concept to you regarding new gears for the gear wheel: Mines! Each mine can be researched in their fitting research room in a clan dojo and then bought as a permanent blueprint. (All research costs below are for the lowest clan size)

The Usage of Mines

To use mines you have to put them into your gear wheel before a mission. Inside a mission, when pressing a mine button, you will be put into a place-mine mode like the construction mode in Dojo. You can hover the mine over your surroundings and once you've found a good place press the left mouse button to place it. If you want to cancel it, press Right Mouse Button. Taking damage while in placement mode will automatically cancel the mode. Once the mine is placed, the mine will arm itself after a delay of 4-5 seconds before becoming active.

Corpus Mine "Repulsor"
During the arming period the outer energy pads will start to blink clockwise until all twelve of them are on at the same time. When then happens a small tripwire laser will emit from the corpus symbol in the middle of the mine. If an enemy passes through the laser tripwire or someone shoots onto the mine, it will start to emit a shockwave lockdown. For about 6 seconds, a shockwave is released every 0,5 seconds dealing electric and magnetic damage and status and forcing enemies back with strong force.

zjyqlj5fu3n.gif

c-minedkjer.jpg

Research Costs
Fieldron (5)
Circuits (1000)
Salvage (1500)
Cryotic (1000)

Crafting Costs (for 10 mines)
Fieldron (1)
Circuits (300)
Salvage (250)
Cryotic (350)

Grineer Mine "Devastator"

During the arming time, the outer ring starts with the lights turned off. Then a small light will rotate inside this ring like in a particle accelerator, becoming faster and faster until the outer ring is shining permanentely. Once an enemy steps onto the mine or someone shoots on it, a fierce explosion is triggered than will deal explosive damage once and then incinerate the area with three to five Fire Clouds (like those from Napalm Grineer).

pbax93vmutt.gif

g-minepfjeq.jpg

Research Costs
Detonite Injector (5)
Circuits (1500)
Rubedo (1500)
Ferrite (1500)

Detonite Injector (1)
Circuits (250)
Rubedo (300)
Ferrite (375)

Infested Mine "Corruptor"

Upon placing the Infested Mine is only with very low infestation. The mine starts arming itself by growing. Lots of tumors, sinews and infested Biomass is created. Once the big tumor in the very middle is filled with lots of infectious liquid, the mine is fully armed. Once an enemy gets into close proximity of someone shoots on it, the middle bubble will detonate. It will create some small clouds like those of the Torid and poisionous streams like of the Embolist. The clouds will deal Gas and Viral damage, the streams will deal Corrosive Damage. The Clouds are supposed to last a while, but the streams are very short and will only last about two seconds.

k1o2asurusv.gif

i-minewjjpq.jpg

Research Costs
Mutagen Mass (5)
Plastid (1000)
Polymer Bundle (1000)
Nano Spores (1500)

Mutagen Mass (1)
Plastid (350)
Polymer Bundle (400)
Nano Spores (800)

Tenno Mine "Cleanser"

Upon arming the glaive like thing will start to rotate its spring to the utmost capacity. Once it is reached the blades will stop and a small laser tripwire will emit from the big crystal in the middle. If an enemy steps through the tripwire or someone steps onto the Tenno Mine, the mine will go off. This will deal lots of small detonations like that of the Kulstar sidearm. It will deal lots of Slash, Impact and Puncture damage and status effects. Also the mine glaive will be shot at nearby enemies dealing very high slash damage and proc. However the glaive will only bounce two or three times and then disappear.

zrgyxt20u4f.gif

t-mine1dja7.jpg

Research Costs
Argon Crystals (10)
Circuits (1000)
Polymer Bundle (1500)
Alloy Plate (1500)

Argon Crystals (2)
Circuits (300)
Polymer Bundle (350)
Alloy Plate (450)

Edited by DarkRuler2500

using them in the middle of Combat is very impractical, so such objects should probably be aimed towards Stealth, where you have the downtime and low enough Enemy Density to take advantage of such Traps.

That is why we have "taking damage will cancel the placement mode".

That is why we have "taking damage will cancel the placement mode".

yes, that keeps you from using them in the middle of a group of Enemies.

not my point. my point being that they'll need to be designed with Stealth in mind.

with how not very difficult Stealth Finishers are, you can probably make them lethal as long as Enemies are unalerted i guess.

then methods of Killing that would seem silent logically, IMO. the Grineer one or Tenno one don't seem very Stealthy :p

Mines are supposed to be loud and damaging... nothing like Ninja-Stealth tools.

That was never the intention... intention is sth like putting a mine during Void def to an area enemies keep popping up and making it more difficult for them there. Or locking an entry with a repulsor mine entirely for a short time.

Its not some kind of stealthy ninja shuriken-mine.

• 3 weeks later...

like the idea of consumable IF they are efficient (scalling with enemy level) and cheap (detonite ampule, mutagen sample, fieldron sample got load of those things and don't know what to do with them instead of fieldron, mutagen mass and detonite injector)

Well anyway that's a like for you :p