Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Steel Charge And Other +Melee Damage Mods Increase Damage From Elemental Procs Triggered On A Melee Weapon?

Exodess

Question

I've been running an experimental build on Silva & Aegis for a proc-based damage combining Gas & Electricity. However, I'm having some trouble getting conclusive results on whether or not Steel Charge or the other +Melee Damage mods are having an impact on the outgoing Proc damage (some training dummies would be really handy for this!)

Silva & Aegis in particular does not have very high damage output to draw from, so if those mods are not very effectual I'll free up the Pressure Point + Spoiled Strike slots and swap out the Aura.

Does anyone know if this has been tested before and what the results were?

Edited by Exodess

4 answers to this question

Procs hits themselves don't do any extra damage compared to non-proc hits AFAIK. The damage dealt by the fire DoT effect caused by a heat proc in particular is calculated from "base damage" which would include Steel Charge and +% melee damage mods, as well as crit damage if your proc hit was also a critical hit. It would not be increased by elemental mods.

Gas, toxic, slash and electricity also work this way, though they all have their quirks. Magnetic and Viral operate on fixed percentages and don't care about damage mods, though there are also proc duration mods. The others don't do damage.

TL;DR: Yes.

Edited by VKhaun

Gas/Elec is absolutely the best way to build the Silva, imo, btw. Also for the Serro. Works best against Corpus and Infested.

Don't forget to include the Smite XXX mods (when not in void). The +30% damage applies to both the base damage the proc is calculated from, and the damage of the proc itself, so these mods actually add +69% damage to a proc, a more significant increase than any other option.

I use 

PP+SS+SmiteXXX for damage

Fury to counter SS

Primed Reach to multitarget hit

3x 60%/60% mods for 220% Gas 60% Elec and +180% status

When in Void, I replace Smite with 90% elec, to swap more elec procs in instead of Gas, as the CC from the elec is more important than the damage from Gas.