Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Opticor Should Not Be Silent.

Brimir

Can we get Bows fixed as well?

Thunderbolt has UI still indicating weapon is Silent, but the Explosive Arrows trigger enemy alert.

-However is Hush is installed with Thunderbolt the explosions are treated as silent (just tested on PS4 build 16.11.4 on 8/31/2015) So players using Thrunderbolt need to install Silence mod on weapons that are supposed to be silent.

I think the Thunderbolt mod needs to mention that it adds noise, yeah.

But that's the only thing I think needs to be changed.

I definitely don't think the explosions should be silent!

I think the Thunderbolt mod needs to mention that it adds noise, yeah.

But that's the only thing I think needs to be changed.

I definitely don't think the explosions should be silent!

On PS4 adding Hush to Ogris or Penta makes them perform as Silent.

GU17 arrives tomorrow. I'll do some testing while farming Mods to see if that is still the case.

Loki's Hushed Invisibility augment allows Stealth with Explosives and Shotguns (Primary Shotguns not having an equippable silence mod)

But I beginning to think it os a bug:

Ah, the Warframe forums, where the community members are eagerly defending gameplay bugs, imbalance and power-creep and insist on calling them features instead. 

I'd call it a bugfix, as it's supposed to be alarming according to the UI. 

Why wasn't this reported in the Bug's section of the forums anyway?

An ability shouldn't allow a weapon that couldn't be silenced to become silent....logically

So it should be a bug.

On PS4 adding Hush to Ogris or Penta makes them perform as Silent.

GU17 arrives tomorrow. I'll do some testing while farming Mods to see if that is still the case.

Loki's Hushed Invisibility augment allows Stealth with Explosives and Shotguns (Primary Shotguns not having an equippable silence mod)

But that's because you're making an extra effort to silence those weapons via mods.

Default Thunderbolt should be loud, just like default Ogris and Penta.

There is a difference.

Dude does it even matter? There's more problems than a weapon that shouldn't be silent. Besides I love my silent Opticor. Why does it need to be alarming & will it even make any difference?

Apparently it matters enough to you to reply and defend the bug.

Exactly, that's a whole different can of worms.

Lets not derail the topic.

Youre kinda bashing other ppl's answers to your thread so you are slowly derailing your own thread just sayin....

On topic though: it doesnt matter the slighteeeeeest bit its just realism freaks that try to get realism into a SCIFI game and try to be all scientific and smart and all that crap. Honestly maybe 10% of the playerbase actually would care about this , the rest either doesnt care at all or never noticed it (before you cry about where i got that number , i made it up) 

If it gets "fixed" good. No need to be rude to ppl  about this because they dont agree with you. You already made a post in the bug section so why make another one. Be patient , mister nitpicky

That wasn't an ad hominem. An ad hominem would have been him saying "you are stupid so the weapon needs to be changed" what he said was, (and this is exaggerated for example purposes) "the weapon is bugged or mislabeled, and needs to be changed accordingly. Also you are stupid"

The word you are looking for is "Insult" not "ad hominem"

An ad hominem is  attacking the person instead of his argument. Which he has been doing rather faithfully in all his posts.

Im not insulted mind you, since he was polite enough to not to resort to flat out name calling, but its there, just subtle.

Also have a +1 for your knowledge, a good vocabulary is a powerful thing.

The power core/capacitors should release a rather loud 'zap' noise or crackling noise during discharge, if we're talking realism. The lens focusing itself might have a very faint whirring, but the sound of electricity running the thing should be very immediate and present.

Edited by Vaskadar

What part of "they're all obviously bugged" is so hard for you to grasp? You're sooo bad at this...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/520549-opticor-is-silent-despite-alarming-noise-levels/

I made one once I realized that the UI says alarming.

Unless you're DE or a DE stepped in and said "Opticor's bugged, it's meant to be alarmingly loud." You should not say what is and what isn't a bug in such a grey area. Doesn't the UI say all weapons are alarming atm? Like even the silent ones. Atm we can only call Opticor's sound level a feature

Immersion?

how does a globe of ice stay in midair 4evers!!!1!1!1!!?

Why doesn't the water freeze from Frost's abilities?

Why doesn't Volt effect water in the game when he uses an ability.

Space magic!

Uhm no. It is blatantly and obviously a bug when the UI says alarming yet it acts like it is silent. Just like the Ogris before it.

It is really sad and disappointing to see how far the community is willing to go and defend stuff like this.

"Feature". Seriosuly, dude? Seriously? Jeeesh...

Like I said before, why don't you put this energy towards something that matters, like I dunno:

Level Scaling needing a fix

Stealth needing a rework

Forgotten weapons needing a buff

Mele needing a overhaul

Arch-wing needing a metric ton of polish

That one bug where you can't mele, or shoot that wont go away

Explosions not understanding what walls are

Sentinels needing a rework

Kubros needing a ai rework

Mastery needing a total rework.

Just to name a few things.

What you have here, is an opinion. Your opinion is not a fact.

And when people disagree with your opinion, you probably should learn how to deal with it, instead of throwing fits.

Edited by Sakatchi

Like I said before, why don't you put this energy towards something that matters, like I dunno:

Level Scaling needing a fix

Stealth needing a rework

Forgotten weapons needing a buff

Mele needing a overhaul

Arch-wing needing a metric ton of polish

That one bug where you can't mele, or shoot that wont go away

Explosions not understanding what walls are

Sentinels needing a rework

Kubros needing a ai rework

Mastery needing a total rework.

Just to name a few things.

Yeah, let's just stop fixing ALL bugs until every issue in this list is dealt with.

What could go wrong? It's not as though these issues are dealt with by completely different people than bug-fixers or anything.

/s

OT:

It's amazing how the community can act so strongly against something that should've been in the game from the start because "omg nerf".

Seriously. Nobody's saying "omg the opticor is overpowered so lets take the silence away". This is an issue of "its a miniature spartan laser that the game literally says should be noisy, so why isn't it noisy?".

If balance is indeed going to be an issue if the silence bug is to be fixed, then just buff the weapon slightly to compensate. But the number of "give Ogris its silence back!" threads that we see these days (zero) is a pretty good indication of how much this bug fix will actually harm the weapon.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yeah, let's just stop fixing ALL bugs until every issue in this list is dealt with.

What could go wrong? It's not as though these issues are dealt with by completely different people than bug-fixers or anything.

/s

OT:

It's amazing how the community can act so strongly against something that should've been in the game from the start because "omg nerf".

Seriously. Nobody's saying "omg the opticor is overpowered so lets take the silence away". This is an issue of "its a miniature spartan laser that the game literally says should be noisy, so why isn't it noisy?".

If balance is indeed going to be an issue if the silence bug is to be fixed, then just buff the weapon slightly to compensate. But the number of "give Ogris its silence back!" threads that we see these days (zero) is a pretty good indication of how much this bug fix will actually harm the weapon.

Are you actually suggesting that tweaking a weapon that really doesn't need it, is more of a priority than some of the things I listed?

Did you even read the examples I listed?

Are you actually suggesting that tweaking a weapon that really doesn't need it, is more of a priority than some of the things I listed?

Did you even read the examples I listed?

Did you even read my response?

The people who fix bugs are not the same people who update and rework major concepts. Of course I know that silent Opticors aren't nearly as detrimental for the game's health as our crappy stealth system, but the reality is that you can't just "prioritize" one in favour of the other. The people hired to fix bugs have no idea how to rework and balance major concepts, and the people hired to rework and balance major concepts have no idea how to fix bugs.

1. It is not about the light making a sound, but the gun itself. It is not silent by any means when charging/firing da laz0r. You'd definitely hear it.

2. The only way they could simulate the light attracting enemies would be making the gun noisy when it fires.

3. Did the Ogris becoming noisy make it worse? Not in my opinion. I feel it is far, faaar worse and immersion breaking having weapons like these act as if they are being quiet as a mouse when they clearly aren't.

4. Sssshhh...! You're one to cry foul about trying to make the weapon worse, lol...

then change it to have a 10 meter sound and hush up. 

Did you even read my response?

The people who fix bugs are not the same people who update and rework major concepts. Of course I know that silent Opticors aren't nearly as detrimental for the game's health as our crappy stealth system, but the reality is that you can't just "prioritize" one in favour of the other. The people hired to fix bugs have no idea how to rework and balance major concepts, and the people hired to rework and balance major concepts have no idea how to fix bugs.

You didn't read my post.

The over all idea is that he could use that energy to push a thread that had more of a pressing issue and bring attention to that, instead of a random needles ui tweak. Cause this threads getting attention right. With enough attention a dev could see it right?

What would you rather have a dev see, that he or she is being told to give a gun a pointless ui tweak, or give exposure to something that actually matters?

I don't think that's really an impossible concept to understand is it?

You didn't read my post.

The over all idea is that he could use that energy to push a thread that had more of a pressing issue and bring attention to that, instead of a random needles ui tweak. Cause this threads getting attention right. With enough attention a dev could see it right?

What would you rather have a dev see, that he or she is being told to give a gun a pointless ui tweak, or give exposure to something that actually matters?

I read your post when I quoted it the first time, and I've made the same response to it twice now. I understand the concept. It is you who are looking at this naively and don't seem to be accepting that the very thing you'e suggesting is wildly impractical.

This is me repeating myself for a third time-- you can't simply "prioritize" a revamp over a bug fix because IT'S NOT THE SAME PEOPLE WORKING ON THEM and they aren't even experts in the same fields.

Picture an airplane. Your suggestion is like asking the flight attendants to help out with piloting for a bit so the flight can go more smoothly. That's just not how it works! Disregarding that a smooth flight needs both pilots and flight attendants working at the same time, the issue that I'm addressing is that pilots and flight attendants are experts at different things and would absolutely suck at each others' jobs.

So that's my third and final repitition of that particular topic, and if you still don't get it, I advise you to look at any dev response to a "why dont the devs just stop adding content and fix gamebreaking bugs for a year" thread. Spoiler: their response is the same as mine.

Edited by SortaRandom

It's not an issue of understanding as what you're saying isn't complex.  Rather it's simply that your stance is misplaced, so regardless if its simplicity it's still inherently wrong.

As Random laid out already, fixing bugs isn't the same as overhauling gameplay balancing.  Discussing a change to a weapon so that its firing "sound type" matches up with what both the weapon's general design and the UI would imply of its "sound type" isn't something not worth pursuing.  It's in a whole other vein than stuff like tweaking weaponry tiers or armor scaling.  This particular issue is entirely coding related, whereas major issues of the game's design need to be concpeted on and tested over time.  Different folks doing different parts of the project.