Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Miter Please Get A Buff Already?

StickyBaseline

The shotgun buff was probably the last nail in the coffin for this weapon. It does the least damage out of all snipers, is in the bottom 3 in dps out of all primaries, and to top it off, Drakgoon, which works exactly the same, has 4 times the charge damage, and over 3x the normal damage, has MUCH better ammo economy, and charges twice as fast. To top it all off, it's infinitely easier to get, since you just buy the BP in the market. But with Miter, you need to farm a broken and buggy boss for hours end until you find all 4 parts.

It deserves better, please buff it.

My ideas for the buff, revert it to when it used to shoot 3 blades at a time. It was a bug, yes, but then it could even compare to the bows of this game, and people enjoyed it. Video demonstration --> 

Idea 2: Make it a rifle, and/or buff it's damage to be on par with Drakgoon.

agreed, it needs a heluva buff, dredd (i get the pun) does better damage with less forma and more effeceincy, though what this weapon needs, is a bigger hitbox, i mean, an arrow has a bigger hitbox than a flying saw? really?

anyways, I`d never say no to a PVE buff, so, you have my +1

And while we're at it, give the Panthera a buff as well. You know... the weapon that needs the Miter, as well as a Hikou, but is barely even better than the Miter.

I'd actually dare to say that panthera is better than miter thanks to it's alt fire, but it desperately needs a buff too, as well as a LOT of other weapons, there's several valid "buff this" threads open.

Try it, before you say if it is bad or not. Alt fire can shred through lvl80 Heavies

regardless i have put 4 forma on both and they fall off fast in late game yeah the panthera has good damage but only with its alt fire and at late game with high armor values it became suicide to use such a weapon because you have to get within 5 meters in order for it to be effective so your far more likely to die in practical use now dont get me wrong i like the paanthera but its not to effective after a bit

regardless i have put 4 forma on both and they fall off fast in late game yeah the panthera has good damage but only with its alt fire and at late game with high armor values it became suicide to use such a weapon because you have to get within 5 meters in order for it to be effective so your far more likely to die in practical use now dont get me wrong i like the paanthera but its not to effective after a bit

Volt shield is your friend (it increases beams reach to infinity)

And you have to play Nova/with Nova to make use of weapons like Bows, Sniper Rifles and Lunchers, does this mean that Dread is under powered?

pleeeeeeease, I use vulkar/vectis p/dread/opticor/paris p/daikyu and I don`t even use nova at all (unless sometimes in defense), also, all nova does is ease aiming, volt makes the panthera viable from scratch, I like the weapon, but the primary fire is way too meh to go with

Imo its more than just viable

Like Cyborg-Rox said, the primary fire has SERIOUS problems, it's not worth using. ALL panthera has is the secondary fire, and a melee weapon does a much better job than pantheras secondary fire. I also have a 4 forma panthera and I would enjoy using the primary fire if heavy cal worked with it and if it had better ammo economy and dps than a freaking mk1 braton.

Like Cyborg-Rox said, the primary fire has SERIOUS problems, it's not worth using. ALL panthera has is the secondary fire, and a melee weapon does a much better job than pantheras secondary fire. I also have a 4 forma panthera and I would enjoy using the primary fire if heavy cal worked with it and if it had better ammo economy and dps than a freaking mk1 braton.

Alt fire is enough, and I got used to Primary with Heavy Cal and it does its job with thrash mobs. Some weapons are not good for everything, some weapons have synergies with certain Frames, like Embolist and Vauban, Panthera and Volt, Attica and Mirage etc.

some weapons have synergies with certain Frames

The problem is that Panthera isn't viable without synergy with Volt. And even with Volt, it's only half-decent because of the infinite range that it wasn't even conceptually designed to have.

"Well, HERE'S a single example where this weapon is viable!" does not magically mean that it's fine as is and doesn't need a buff. By that logic, the Machete is perfectly okay because you can use Banshee to oneshot everything with it.

Edited by SortaRandom

No, because you can use any other melee and do better, there is no second weapon like Panthera

i can do better with scindo prime, and have the range advantage by not wasting my primary slot for a melee and instead grab a weapon that isn`t outperfrormed by melee

No, because you can use any other melee and do better, there is no second weapon like Panthera

The Panthera is a Miter with lower damage and fire-rate, with an alt-fire rendered useless by pretty much any decent melee weapon, that requires the Miter (which needs about a dozen Phobos boss runs to get) and the Hikou, and you think this is acceptable because the alt-fire can be okay with ONE Warframe ability!

The simple fact that a weapon can only be okay with the help of a specific Warframe ability on the weapon's ALT-fire, means there's something wrong with it. I really can't understand how you're still supporting it.

What, you mean besides literally every other continuous weapon that can out-DPS the Panthera's alt fire?

Without Volt's shield, the Panthera is absolute junk; this is well established. With Volt's shield, the only thing the Panthera has over other continuous weapons is the infinite ammo, and even this can practically be replicated by the Quanta (which, by the way, is actually capable of holding its own when not turtling in one spot behind a shield).

Edited by SortaRandom