Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Slingshot Sidearm?

(XBOX)gnashermaster97

I like the idea of a supermagnet powered slingshot, where it looks like a normal stick-like object when undeployed, but deploys into a hard-light hologram magnetic slingshot that draws quickly, and shoots modified bolts.

the "string" could be a telescopic hologram of a few rings(like the gammacore).

On one holster could be the slingshot, and the other side would have an unassuming little side-satchel.

The lore behind it could be that way long ago they needed a covert weapon for assassins to use so that they weren't detected.

It could have the unique function of having a "magazine" of sorts where a few bolts are held in hand so they can be fired quickly.

(edit)Concept art by Scharkie1333

[url=http://i.imgur.com/OYH8Zw9.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/OYH8Zw9.jpg[/url]

(I would also like to give it a great status chance, but that's mainly because there are no weapons i've seen that don't need a lot of work to make a status build usable)

Interwebernet, yay or nay?

Edited by (XB1)gnashermaster97

I guess it would be rather silly, if it weren't in a universe where stupid looking bows are more powerful than fully automatic rifles that shoot at over 900rpm!

And speaking of silly, the kunai and hikao throwing stars just wouldn't be able to work in this universe! I know they are supposed to be like flying blades of death, but in any circumstance where they are up against armor they would be useless and would just bounce off.

I guess it would be rather silly, if it weren't in a universe where stupid looking bows are more powerful than fully automatic rifles that shoot at over 900rpm!

And speaking of silly, the kunai and hikao throwing stars just wouldn't be able to work in this universe! I know they are supposed to be like flying blades of death, but in any circumstance where they are up against armor they would be useless and would just bounce off.

you realize we have the ability to make bullets that corrode armor, knives that do the same isn't too far off

Edited by LilLemay

the throwing blades have mono-filament edges, at least that's the simplest answer i can think of. and if so they would cut though pretty much anything. On topic though, while the tenno use a number of archaic weapons, they are all based off of traditional eastern weapons, not really any slingshots that fit into that category, no dennis the samurai menace.

Edited by BaneOfOrion

Slingshots were a primitive weapon used for hunting and used in combat, seeing how Tenno take weapons from all part of human culture, I wouldn't be surprised I wouldn't mind but it would have to be a silenced side arm. Also on that note, the yo-yo was used as a weapon by the phillipines , and the discus (frisbee) were thought to sometimes be used as throwing weapons by ancient greeks.

Edited by Rada13

the throwing blades have mono-filament edges, at least that's the simplest answer i can think of. and if so they would cut though pretty much anything. On topic though, while the tenno use a number of archaic weapons, they are all based off of traditional eastern weapons, not really any slingshots that fit into that category, no dennis the samurai menace.

The Gallatine is based off of a western greatsword, and the scindo is a european battleaxe and we are getting a rapier soon which is also european. None of those weapons have eastern roots, the tenno  take weapons and aspects from all cultures throughout human history

Edited by Rada13

I have an idea for the basic look of the slingshot, but i can't exactly draw it as i have... Less than decent drawing skills.

But it would basically be a slightly ergonomic handle with a small rod made of 3-4 parts sticking out of it. Once deployed the parts would split up and hover into a slowly rotating circle and they would project the hard-light holograms.

Thoughts?

Guess who's throwing them... Warframes with overwhelming strength. And for example Despair has "monomolecular blade" according to the codex. You don't consider the technology it is made with.

Back to the slingshot - I gues it's just not badass enough :/

Edited by Suchy1555

Back to the slingshot - I gues it's just not badass enough :/

That's subject to opinion, and i'd think that being able to take down an army with a superpowered slingshot would be hella badass.

also, even some of today's slingshots are powerful enough to rival a 44 magnum! just think of what they could do if they had some of the orokin space magic!

does anyone have some suggestions for what to draw this with? (besides mspaint or expensive crap like photoshop)

I want to actually try to draw this out, even though i doubt my skill as a drawer.

if you want i can try and make a rough sketch of it, got plenty of time this weekend and the idea seems cool

A supermagnetic slingshot? So a railgun then? is that the word you were after?

sort of but in a slingshot kind of format, where it projects holographic rings that telescope out as you draw, and they are the "string" that provides thrust.

if you want i can try and make a rough sketch of it, got plenty of time this weekend and the idea seems cool

YES PLEASE! if you do so, i would be incredibly grateful!

sort of but in a slingshot kind of format, where it projects holographic rings that telescope out as you draw, and they are the "string" that provides thrust.

YES PLEASE! if you do so, i would be incredibly grateful!

my only question left is then wich faction it is? i hear thing that would fit tenno, corpus and even cephalon weaponry. what do you have in mind?

-snip-

So it's a railgun that unfolds and draws like a bow? Could work. I'm guessing orokin or cephalon design, because that would be beyond the other factions.

my only question left is then wich faction it is? i hear thing that would fit tenno, corpus and even cephalon weaponry. what do you have in mind?

I think it would be best as tenno in design, as it is supposed to be old enough to be used before the fall of the orokin(and cephalon weaponry are basically adapted from survey and scientific equiptment), and i think a lot of the other factions use guns that are a bit newer in design. also, as far as i am aware, there isn't a long list of tenno faction weaponry in the game.

also, just as a design nitpick, i think that the bolts should have a main fin, and then a small grip protruding perpendicular to it, as it would be pulled from the front of the bolt and gripped at the back, as opposed to how traditional slingshots work with pellets.

Edited by (XB1)gnashermaster97

also, as far as i am aware, there isn't a long list of tenno faction weaponry in the game.

Really? seems like every other weapon is tenno make. just looking at the rifles you have the Boltor, Latron, Soma, Sybaris, and Tiberon. Sure its not actually half the rifles, but out of 20 guns a solid fourth of them are tenno designed.