Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*severe* Color Exploit Bug (Along With "default Colors" Issue)

Darthmufin

I am kinda overwhelmed a bit at what i just realized as i thought these two were isolated bugs. This is a bit hard to explain, but i will explain it the best i can, in easy steps so you can do it yourself (including anyone from DE so they can easily isolate the problem)

first, how to recreate this bug and prove it to yourself how bad it is:

1. Pick a warframe. Ember Prime is an easy one since you can see her energy color on little dots on her helmet and the flames coming out of her head.

2. Click "Default Colors". This will make all the color selectors blank (which really doesn't help make this easier to detect, it should actually show the colors)

go7OOO1.png

3. Go to "Attachments" and click "Copy Main Colors". This will show you what your main warframe colors currently are, except for this bug (which i will show in a video, where you can use colors you don't own!)

8MRLpGs.png

4. Here is what Ember Prime's colors should be on attachments if you clicked default colors, notice how the energy color is orange

b8IDyQl.png

5. Go to your weapon and click "Copy Warframe colors" this will make it go to the weapons default colors (Except energy color, which will default to blue), not your warframe's, making it impossible to color it like your default warframe, including energy color (which prevents the use of Nyx's Nemesis color on weapons for example)

image is a little big

57QaR8o.png

it doesn't stop there. When you click "Default colors", even though it clearly shows on my attachments that my energy color is orange, when you do parcour maneuvers the nodes on ember glow blue. (blue is the default color for parcour maneuvers apparently, food for thought i guess.) This can be proven if you change your energy color to something else, like pink, they will glow pink instead of blue. 

another big image, energy color is orange yet the nodes glow blue when i jump

YEwfdQT.png

Now for the exploit that DE should fix ASAP (as well as above). For some reason, you can use colors from packs you don't own on your attachments. I have no idea if it is related to this "default colors" issue, but it seems related somehow. 

First again, how to replicate this yourself. 

1. Click "Default Colors" on your warframe, and go to your attachments to confirm that they are the default colors. Be sure you have at least one attachment on.

2. Pick a color that you want to change, the first one being the best since it usually covers the attachment the most and it's easier to tell if you changed it

3. go back to your warframe colors, and click the one you want to change and simultaneously move your mouse away (so you don't hover your mouse over any colors, as it will default to this one instead if you hover over it)

4. Scroll down to a pack you don't own, while keeping your mouse off any colors you do own. 

5. Hover over the color you want (ones on the end basically) and swipe your mouse away. Visually, your warframe's default colors will show up again, but they will be "saved" somehow. 

6. Go to your attachments and click "Copy Main Colors" and Tada! you are now using a color you don't own on your attachment. 

video: 

Please fix this as soon as possible DE. i have a big list of bugs you haven't gotten to, but this is the one that is annoying me more since i like the Nemesis Nyx skin, but i can't copy her colors to my weapons properly. 

This is probably my most intensive and easily replicated bug i have posted, hope for once it actually get's noticed by DE so i don't have to make this post again in a few months. :s

Edited by Darthmufin

At least it is for attachments and not for the most visual part, the frame. Personally I would not use a different set of colors on attachments compared to by frame but then again, other people maybe would.

that bug is still an exploit either way though. 

as for changing accessories, sometimes changing one color works better, as sometimes the attachments will look completely off from the frame even if you copy your warframe's colors. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's already been addressed. If you own the warframe, you own the colors for that warframe,and can use them as you see fit.

They have mentioned allowing people to have access to a pallet that allows you to unlock colors as you gain the warframes that have them, but this was put in as a quick blanket fix.

• 4 weeks later...

It's already been addressed. If you own the warframe, you own the colors for that warframe,and can use them as you see fit.

They have mentioned allowing people to have access to a pallet that allows you to unlock colors as you gain the warframes that have them, but this was put in as a quick blanket fix.

this has nothing to do with the bug, like, at all. you could use any color you wanted on attachments, for free, without buying it. 

They finally fixed it recently, but sigils still don't accept default warframe colors, if you have the nemesis skin for example, your sigils will be default blue instead of purple

Edited by Darthmufin