Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 59 Overview

DE_Adam

Devstream 59 was filled with some surprising updates and not-too-shocking betrayals.  Anyone who caught the excitement live knows what we're talking about, but just in case you missed the cool details on some upcoming sniper rifle changes, our thoughts on Sentinels, or the sneak-peak into nunchaku stances then you can catch all the excitement here.

Everyone should also take note that the Corpus credit cape is the best thing ever.  That is all.

-DE_Adam

"We are very aware of the current state our Mod system and the 'mandatory Mods' that both enable players to participate in high-level Missions and hinder total weapon customization. Expect more information on the rebalancing of weapon DPS, weapon leveling, and 'mandatory Mods' in the near future"

wow, for once I feel like there is hope.

If you dont mind, also start talking about frames, it isnt only weapons that suffer from mandatory mods.

Edited by 7grims

I'm counting on DE to make the credit cape credit-purchasable... C'mon DE... It's not a Platinum cape :^)

There should definitely be a platinum cape. Buy the credit one with a huge amount of credits (like 5 million just to keep it from being too common but definitely achievable) and buy the plat one with a regular amount of plat.

Now we truly can become one with the Salad!

Multishot doesn't necessarily need a rework, it's the entire system in place that needs another look. Having 'mandatory' mods was an issue to begin with, because then the whole system is one glorified upgrade tube, not at all a way of customizing our weapons to be personal and effective in the ways we want them to. Status is so hard to mod for, and yet Critical is an easier kill but it's more accessible. I guess I just don't get the thought processes behind these systems.

Anyway, looking forward to charge attacks, the credit cape, and some of the upcoming additions to the game. Curious as to what Saryn needs in terms of a rework, as her powers right now aren't exactly problematic, but perhaps the idea is to create a more coherent role?

Edited by Krion112

Charge attacks! Charge attacks! Do we get to have rocket-fired Knux? Because we should have rocket-fired Knux!

There should definitely be a platinum cape. Buy the credit one with a huge amount of credits (like 5 million just to keep it from being too common but definitely achievable) and buy the plat one with a regular amount of plat.

Also, absolutely.

Anyway, looking forward to charge attacks, the credit cape, and some of the upcoming additions to the game. Curious as to what Saryn needs in terms of a rework, as her powers right now aren't exactly problematic, but perhaps the idea is to create a more coherent role?

Saryn is probably getting looked at to address "Press 4 to Win" issues, and to tighten up some things (like Contagion being useful in an extremely narrow range of situations).

· Saryn is the next Warframe to receive a revamp.

I'm curious about this -- previously the devs stated that Valkyr's revamp would be released alongside her Pre-Corpus skin in sort of a package, just like Excalibur's revamp. Since that skin is confirmed to be 17.5, does that mean Valkyr's revamp is also 17.5? And - from the quoted text - Saryn's revamp will be before 17.5? That sounds unlikely, but which part of my logic is wrong?

Also, thanks for including the nunchaku gifs.
Edited by AM-Bunny

While I think the Nef Anyo inspired Credit cape is cute and the nunchuku weapon interesting; I am more interested in learning more about deeper reasoning and expectations of the proposed multishot changes and the nerfing of required mods. I would like to know if any enemy scaling rebalance would come before such a change or if thought has been put into game balance versus trying to bring more variety. Thought it was disgraceful that the devs had to cheat to win against the community heads but since it happened last time as well with the invulnerable, endless energy Volt, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. As DE Adam said, a not-so-surprising betrayal.

Not a critism here DE Adam but an honest question: isn't the current starchart the 2.0 and wouldn't the proposed new starchart be 3.0?

Perhaps 'Mandatory mods' could be converted into Auras. You can choose between Serration, Multishot and so on. Some weapons are better with serration, some with mutlishot. and so on.

I really would like to see some explanation, lore wise, why would tenno wear cape made from currency (or symbol of currency).

Perhaps 'Mandatory mods' could be converted into Auras. You can choose between Serration, Multishot and so on. Some weapons are better with serration, some with mutlishot. and so on.

I really would like to see some explanation, lore wise, why would tenno wear cape made from currency (or symbol of currency).

Same reason we wore bunny ears and mustaches.....

The tenno have a very odd sense of humor

About the "Kubrow Pack Tactics", i think it would also be interesting if Kubrows could interact with Sentinels in some way.

Maybe an idea for the time after the pack tactic idea has become part of the game.

Considering their ingame value, i don't think the credit cape will be as prestige heavy as a platinum cape.

What's with the value of platinum in Warframe anyway? Good question for cordylon.

Weapons getting their mastery rank adjusted is great to hear. Though i think the "tissue paper" approach to weapon usage, which the mastery system creates, is a flawed concept when you want each of your weapon appriciated by players.

I wonder if the Sniper Scope change will also bring back the ability to aim them like normal rifles without the first person view. Would be nice, for those who can aim better that way.

Focus system still being a thing is nice, but i also hope it still means a way to turn extra XP from using fully leveled equipment into something usefull.

Was glad to hear the "mandatory mods" situation is being adressed.

Baro having his own "planet" as Glen mentioned, sounds like a double edged sword. On one hand players will have a fixed destination to meet him. On the other hand, it will likely make a lot of players wish they could raid it.

Saryn being in the rework sounds great. I just hope molt and it's regenerative molt augment are not in the "to adjust" category. They work pretty great currently.

Years in the making.

Worth the wait.

Question is how usefull these animations will be in the actual game?

Will they work well in the hectic ranged focus combat within wide open environments? Or will they just let you swing your weapon around fancyfull at thin air a lot?

They look nice. That's for sure.

The tenno have a very odd sense of humor

Mystical origins and demand of absolute discipline, can't supress the need for gallows humor and odd personality traits forever. Edited by Othergrunty

I'd rather have a free BP that needs 10p (for the collar) and 50k credits (for the cloak) to craft it, it also crafts instantly.