Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about: Ballistic shield

Guest DarkAuthority

Guest DarkAuthority

Maybe we could get ballistic shields to be equipped in place of the melee weapons? This should seriously enhance team gameplay and help a lot on the hardest maps. Grineer troops get shields so why can't we?

Guest DarkAuthority

it should replace the rifle so you can go sword and shield or pistol shield like the grineer

I dont think 'should' in the right word here. Why not to make this user selectable? This way you can either go shield+sidearm+melee or rifle+sidearm+shield etc.

Edited by DarkAuthority

because the grineer always use it with a side arm no rifle or melee and melee is normaly not as heavy as a gun it would have to be limited to single sword and dagger

it would be something thats always out so it needs 1 free arm cant weild a rifle with 1 arm

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

Maybe we could get ballistic shields to be equipped in place of the melee weapons? This should seriously enhance team gameplay and help a lot on the hardest maps. Grineer troops get shields so why can't we?

So, you're this bad-&#! with powers, guns and a sword/hammer/staff/fists.

The grineer have nothing with guns, now you're already a very hard almost demi-god going against poor little grineer who have nothing but their weapons and you want to make it harder on them by having a shield?

I agree with shield - it's good and I just love shields in general they are bad-&#!, but imagine this. You are a spartan right now without a shield - if they gave you that Spartan shield how easier would the game be for you?

Guest DarkAuthority

So, you're this bad-&#! with powers, guns and a sword/hammer/staff/fists.

The grineer have nothing with guns, now you're already a very hard almost demi-god going against poor little grineer who have nothing but their weapons and you want to make it harder on them by having a shield?

You're so tough huh? Try an alert mission with "poor Grineer" running around leveled at 55-60. After experience like that you will be begging on your knees for a shield.

Seriously said, though, all the updates were quite irregular with difficulty changes. We lost shields (re shield mods) and now the enemies got really though. I don't mind at all. This is awesome. Let's have more toys to face the changes, though. A ballistic shield would be perfect (and should definitely enough enforce a more focused team gameplay).

And yeah, make the grineer even 80+. This is where the shields will come actually trully handy.

Edited by DarkAuthority

Can't get the thought of my Rhino standing with the shield in one hand and the FRAGOR in the other hand out of my head. :D

+1 for shields. Could enhance teamplay greatly.

IMHO it should be selectable, slot wise. Replace the rifle and you can use the pistol/shield and meelee/shield at the same time, replace the pistol and you can use melee/shield at the same time, but the rifle only when you put the shield away (foldable? :P).

If anything, it would have to be a cool deployable energy shield that projects from your arm or something. Big metal riot shields are for those silly human Grineer. This would also jive with being able to switch to melee at any given point. I quite like the idea of forgoing my primary and running with a pistol and shield! They are pretty powerful, and melee could handle the rest.

The idea of shields is really cool

Functioning similar to the grineer shield troops, negating damage from the front.

Honestly though, they'd have to make it so that you can't use a primary weapon with it.

They ARE 2-handed weapons, first of all, second of all it'd be pretty bad if you combined it with a gorgon. You could sit on one spot, deflecting bullets while returning fire.

I think maybe something like shield takes melee weapon slot, and would primarily be on your back (Like a melee weapon would be when you aren't using it) You'd play just as normal primary and secondary weapon, then when you needed it, you'd press the melee button to pull it out. You'd then walk around similar to how the shield grineer do, low and slow.

You'd use your secondary weapon. (if dual-pistols, only 1 because your other hand isn't free) to fire from behind the shield and you'd be limited to not being able to jump or do acrobatics while it was out.

Maybe pressing the melee button after it's deployed does a shield slap. (Low damage, high stun/knockdown)

Then when you're done, you hit the jump button or something to put it away and you can go back to using your primary weapon like normal.

I like the idea, both the energy and big-metal shield version. It's not like the Tenno are not using grineer weapons all the time anyway.

Not sure how to implement it... either it replaces the melee weapon and you only get it out if you select your secondary, or it replaces your primary weapon and you always have it deployed. Not sure what would be the more balanced approach. It certainly should not be usable together with a primary weapon though.

Edited by Feindfeuer

Maybe adding shield to weapon could be nice to play with for does how want to be a little bit more like a tanker.

but maybe restricting which warframe can weld it, cuse I don't really think that it could be a good idea to let Trinity weld that,

and/or maybe restricting which weapon can be weld with the shield. I mean like if you want to use the shield, restriction

like you wanna use that thing, then forget you long-range, shot-gun(big one) or rifle. In other words ''your big gun''

Shield would be great, Gears had the shield that you could pick up and use with a pistol, I imagine it could function like that and replace the rifle and a 1 handed melee weapon. Or you could just have the shield plus a sidarm and the "melee" would be a shield bash type of attach.

Edited by RabidWhippet

or allow you to run in gungho half your body imune to shots as you shield bash, slice, headshot wiht lex your way thru crowds

Put in a penalty to aiming speed, big one to move speed, can't use melee weapons with the shield out. The big drawback would be you'd be very vulnerable to getting flanked by much faster enemies [Moas would render your shield pointless, you'd take so long to undeploy it and switch to your rifle] and large groups of melee enemies would swamp you. It would be a good support weapon in groups though.

Put in a penalty to aiming speed, big one to move speed, can't use melee weapons with the shield out. The big drawback would be you'd be very vulnerable to getting flanked by much faster enemies [Moas would render your shield pointless, you'd take so long to undeploy it and switch to your rifle] and large groups of melee enemies would swamp you. It would be a good support weapon in groups though.

i was thinking alittle more like when and if they make melee drawable with a block. when and if they do that shield and sword will be viable also

i have an easy enough time dancing thru hords of enamys headshotting with my lex alone having half my body covered by an impenetrable shield will only make it easier, i only use my rifle for bosses

Like i said the shield replaces the rifle would make the most sence if it must take up a single slot replacing the rifle would be best

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

I like this idea. An energy shield would be better in term of gameplay - got shot, energy drained and take a while to recover like frame's shield. A big metal shield isn't good unless Grineer are suddenly have an IQ surge and start eqipping their rifle with puncture mod.

And don't make the same mistake like Bioware who decided that my sentinel can't move while deploying his shield. Just slow the movement rate with shieldbash melee attack.

Not quite sure you'd be sprinting full speed with the shield deployed, as that might be a little silly. Deployed, however, you should move as fast as aiming. While this may seem slow, it is a tactical advance, and your teammates could also walk behind the shield as movable cover. This would in fact be faster than any sniping mechanic which has a person more or less stationary behind the main assaulting line, so try and look at it in the broader sense of it's use.

I suppose the only real problem is that there aren't a lot of opportunities that it makes sense to use considering how often Grineer stay behind cover. Infestation don't use guns, and Corpus generally have the same mechanics as Grineer for their regular soldiers, but MOAs will just run right at you.

I think I'd prefer if you were able to pick up the shield the grineer shieldcarriers have, and have that shield have it's own HP, which, when depleted, breaks. So that you sort of improvise during missions, instead of having a shield you can always bring with you.

Of course, you'd be only able to use your secondary with it, and not use your own melee weapon at all, but the shield's bash instead, which mainly would just knock down enemies.

Edited by Nirrti