Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wishing Detron Was Way Harder To Get, Otherwise I Don't Need It.

Hawk_of_the_Reborn

As said in my video description; I never had a chance to play during the Gradivus Delimna. Those players then worked their asses off and still got the Brakk instead, for those who sided with the Corpus. Why should I be able to be handed this once great weapon so easily? It pretty much devalues its legacy imo. I think if DE is going to bring back weapons such as this, please make it an actual event like how the Cicero Crisis went, something quest-like you know?

If you insist, at least make the G3, Harvester, and Stalker something to actually be feared like they used to be. Seriously, it's to the point now where an MR0 Rhinoob with his broken Boltor can insta-kill any of them, before they could even finish their spawning animations(especially the Stalker)

Please DE, I really do want the Detron and/or Brakk. But I just wish it was recieved in a more challenging way, at least getting that Rift Sigil and the related items through that Phoenix Escalation alert was fun. Things like that is what I was there was more of, instead of just raids.

Belive it or not, these three Assassiins (G3, Harvester, Stalker) were once considered hard, hell, if you look in the past fourm post, you'll find some players looking for tips to beat them or asking to Nurf them. which at the time, their Rare spawn rates and Dificulty would have made it quiet the achievement to obtain these weapons.

if there is anything to blame, it is the players own Fault for being too good at the game, or the Games Fault for having a massive power Creep to make these assassins so easy

I don't agree with this.

I was here for Gradivus, and you had to complete 100 invasions with 5 runs each-500 runs for one gun. It was enough to make you physically ill.

Just because G3, Stalker and Harvester are not hard for you does not mean they are not hard for other people. Think of players who don't have multi-polarised, maxed out gear yet.

Increasing the grind is never an option.

However.

If you want to introduce weapon rewards for long-time loyalty to factions I would be okay with it. Those would be goals to work towards.

You're really exaggerating this and blowing an effectively non-existent problem out of proportion. For starters, an MR0 player isn't eligible for trading, therefor to have obtained Rhino Prime (normal Rhino is MR2 locked) and a Boltor Prime they'll have had to actually obtain them via farming. Beyond that they'll have to have accrued the needed mats to actually build those items. It's an effective impossibility to do anything you're stating in this post without being carried hard atop having an absurd amount of luck.

Seriously, it's to the point now where an MR0 Rhinoob with his broken Boltor can insta-kill any of them,

Beyond even the above, how is an MR0 going to be able to do any of that without any of the mods to boost up a weapon? A stock Boltor Prime doesn't do even a marginal amount of damage, let alone enough to "insta-kill any of them". DE is in the process of reworking Mastery Rank locks, when that occurs it'll be enough to tier off various levels of gear. Silly entitlement issues about problems that don't exist isn't necessary.

As far as the acquisition of the Brakk/Detron go, they're not easy. There are folks out there who've slammed their head against that RNG wall for times upwards of a year and still don't have one of those guns. Getting the Brakk from Gravidus wasn't "hard" it was an exercise in one's ability to sit still for an excessive amount of time, which isn't a good thing at all. Events are a welcome thing, but not every single item needs to be arbitrarily tied to one either.

I don't agree with this.

I was here for Gradivus, and you had to complete 100 invasions with 5 runs each-500 runs for one gun. It was enough to make you physically ill.

Just because G3, Stalker and Harvester are not hard for you does not mean they are not hard for other people. Think of players who don't have multi-polarised, maxed out gear yet.

Increasing the grind is never an option.

However.

If you want to introduce weapon rewards for long-time loyalty to factions I would be okay with it. Those would be goals to work towards.

I agree to this in a way. Yes, RNG isn't something we want. But making things in a more challenge-based way, or the like, instead of RNG is what we all need.

You're really exaggerating this and blowing an effectively non-existent problem out of proportion. For starters, an MR0 player isn't eligible for trading, therefor to have obtained Rhino Prime (normal Rhino is MR2 locked) and a Boltor Prime they'll have had to actually obtain them via farming. Beyond that they'll have to have accrued the needed mats to actually build those items. It's an effective impossibility to do anything you're stating in this post without being carried hard atop having an absurd amount of luck.

Beyond even the above, how is an MR0 going to be able to do any of that without any of the mods to boost up a weapon? A stock Boltor Prime doesn't do even a marginal amount of damage, let alone enough to "insta-kill any of them". DE is in the process of reworking Mastery Rank locks, when that occurs it'll be enough to tier off various levels of gear. Silly entitlement issues about problems that don't exist isn't necessary.

As far as the acquisition of the Brakk/Detron go, they're not easy. There are folks out there who've slammed their head against that RNG wall for times upwards of a year and still don't have one of those guns. Getting the Brakk from Gravidus wasn't "hard" it was an exercise in one's ability to sit still for an excessive amount of time, which isn't a good thing at all. Events are a welcome thing, but not every single item needs to be arbitrarily tied to one either.

pxrx0pD.gif

1. If you mostly play solo you will never get it, simply because the parts that spawn from your mini boss depend on the loot modifier bound to your account. I had 8 times the same parts in a row and only finished it doing public games on trition for like 2 weeks(killing it at least 10 more times till the guy that spawned it also had the missing parts as drop reward).

2. You don't work your &#! off in a event(and yes I did spend over 20h last weekend with necros in the missions and only was able to get a single tempo royale). The normal rewards are not hard to get, just a bit time consuming.

3. When was the last time you tried to actually kill the mini bosses with halve modded frames and weapons(a MR0 player will not even have this)? Because I am very sure they are not a insta kill for me with leveling gear, what is still most likely a lot better then people at MR0 have.

4. Actually the groups I hosted with my group composition(yes I used a frost as main CC frame) called the phoenix interception fairly booring, because it actually was like this if you only had to press a button ever 40-60s, while watching some grenier 5m away fighting themself in 3 minute long slow motion movie every round.

Buff Detron to Brakk level and I'll be good.

Mara detron is quite on the same level(one above it on specific frames). The problem with the normal one is just the status chance, because elemental base damage with a very useful proc and no IPS works fairly well on the mara detron by the higher amount of procs per second you get out of the higher clip size and extra fire rate.

As said in my video description; I never had a chance to play during the Gradivus Delimna. Those players then worked their asses off and still got the Brakk instead, for those who sided with the Corpus. Why should I be able to be handed this once great weapon so easily? It pretty much devalues its legacy imo. I think if DE is going to bring back weapons such as this, please make it an actual event like how the Cicero Crisis went, something quest-like you know?

If you insist, at least make the G3, Harvester, and Stalker something to actually be feared like they used to be. Seriously, it's to the point now where an MR0 Rhinoob with his broken Boltor can insta-kill any of them, before they could even finish their spawning animations(especially the Stalker)

Please DE, I really do want the Detron and/or Brakk. But I just wish it was recieved in a more challenging way, at least getting that Rift Sigil and the related items through that Phoenix Escalation alert was fun. Things like that is what I was there was more of, instead of just raids.

Oh you silly op, it doesn't matter that the bosses that carry them are easy to kill.

They have to feel like dropping the weapon bits. And they usually don't.

That aside though, I'd love a rework of all the hit squads, cause yeah they have gotten easy.

Even at MR 2 you are lacking the mods, unless someone traded them all to you for free or you spend massive amounts of plat.

For a normal noobie you are mostly stuck with the broken variant of most mods which means even if you level your gear and slot potatoes you won´t be able to use those points due to the lack of mods. Even if you obtain the regular versions you still need cores, a lot of cores to fuse them. 

Even with Rhino P and Boltor P with no mods to slot you will still be hard pressed to kill any of the three assassins.  

So unless you have a sugar daddy or spend 1k+ plat you will not farm those 3 easily, at least not solo not at MR0-2 which invalidates your whole argument. 

• 3 weeks later...

Even at MR 2 you are lacking the mods, unless someone traded them all to you for free or you spend massive amounts of plat.

For a normal noobie you are mostly stuck with the broken variant of most mods which means even if you level your gear and slot potatoes you won´t be able to use those points due to the lack of mods. Even if you obtain the regular versions you still need cores, a lot of cores to fuse them. 

Even with Rhino P and Boltor P with no mods to slot you will still be hard pressed to kill any of the three assassins.  

So unless you have a sugar daddy or spend 1k+ plat you will not farm those 3 easily, at least not solo not at MR0-2 which invalidates your whole argument. 

The stalker is a joke.

G3 are cracked out manics.

Zanuka can be killed with the silliest weapon possible in around 10 seconds, Candy Cane scythe.

Please tell me how they're decently challenging in today's powercreep of Warframe?

The stalker is a joke.

Zanuka can be killed with the silliest weapon possible in around 10 seconds, Candy Cane scythe.

Please tell me how they're decently challenging in today's powercreep of Warframe?

Depends on what you're sporting when they attack you.

Yeah, if you're sitting on a three forma Vaykor Hek(honestly, if you can field this or a multi forma Hek, why bring the Boltor Prime?  That's last seasons powercreep) when stalker spawns, you'll probably kill him before he moves.  Same with G3 and Zanuka.  If you're sitting on this kind of firepower, their weapons aren't really going to upgrade what you killed them with.  They are not at all decently challenging with today's powercreep.

A low MR, or even a high MR with gear that they are leveling are in for a fight, though.  If you let the stalker move he can destroy you in short order, and if you don't almost immediately pin down at least one of the G3 they'll beat your lunch money out of you.  Zanuka....eh, I've never found it terribly hard, but HAVE lost to it with very low level gear equipped.

Enough so, in fact, that I'd say I probably have a losing record against the Stalker.  For every time I've one-shot him, he's ganked me in non-levelled gear at least once.  I'm probably 50/50 at best with weapons that can kill him but not fast enough to keep him from moving around.

No, they are not top end challenges, and frankly I don't see how they even pretend to be.  No, their gear is not top end(even though you could bring Dread/Brokk/Detron pretty much anywhere and be just fine).  They are a solid mid level challenge, though, and they thoroughly outclass a beginner.

The stalker is a joke.

Assuming you are MR 0-2 as you stated, as I said thanks to a lack of mods you won´t have a fully min maxed "Rhinoob" + Boltor P on your hands they have a very good chance of killing you especially solo.

Sure once you managed to max out all your mods and run around in multi forma frames and gear they are pretty easy to kill but that was not your initial statement. Maybe next time read closely what you have written yourself and what people replied to it even if it has been a few days for the sake of argument.  

Edited by Numbsky1

Assuming you are MR 0-2 as you stated, as I said thanks to a lack of mods you won´t have a fully min maxed "Rhinoob" + Boltor P on your hands they have a very good chance of killing you especially solo.

Sure once you managed to max out all your mods and run around in multi forma frames and gear they are pretty easy to kill but that was not your initial statement. Maybe next time read closely what you have written yourself and what people replied to it even if it has been a few days for the sake of argument.  

I used an unforma'd Ether Reaper(Candy cane) and only used it. None of my weapons are forma'd and I refuse to use any of the Syndicate weapons, too much hassle for a gimmick for me. Zanuka was stunlocked and was useless. Fight was over in ten seconds. I might try to test this same tactic with Stalker in an effort to prove my point. G3 does not count since it's 3 people I'll have to $&*^ with, so 1v1 strats as such won't do so good. Regardless, I can still bastille G3 and I don't need some min-maxed frame or weapons to do so. 

Newbies on their first Stalker encounters also do not count, since they never seen such an enemy before. But by their second or so time, they would already know about him and how to combat him, if not rely on their team to help out. 

My point is, Stalker used to be feared. Entire squads would run the second he appeared. Now he's just a "Oh look, stalker came to die." Even without forma'd gear and whatnot.

I'm sure DE could spend time working on them but at the moment, they are not in a broken state that needs to be fixed immediately.

DE also has a trend of churning out content to keep the playground fresh and they might be more focused on their upcoming projects, than to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm more interested if DE made a new assassin though, for experienced players.