Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Skill Suggestions

ttv_Typical_Tilly

These are some changes I feel should be implimented or explored.

1. Shuriken - This skill is just kinda busted. Too high of energy cost, aiming isn't at reticle so it misses way too often even if I'm dead on with my aim. I would say that this skill should cost a max of 10 energy if not even less. Or is should be a giant shuriken capable of clearing a small hall at current energy. I would even be ok with it being a cone effect small shurikens that do massive damage and still send everything flying.

2. Smoke Screen - Overall leave this skill alone. I would say maybe a 5 decrease in energy cost but if I didn't get that its ok. The stealth time could use a bump up. I am maxed out in the tree for it and still feel it doesn't last long enough. In solo it might seem OP to have a long stealth but being that energy only comes from one source in team play stealth is only useful mostly as an OH *** target someone else measure and I would rather it provide a more offensive approach in team play as well. I think the animation could be shortened or even just changed. While running beside my friends into combat I often pop the skill to get behind the enemy and flank but by the time the animation is done my team is already fighting. Not many teams are going to just stop the action and wait for you to stealth in first. Also KEEP IT SO YOU DON'T UNSTEALTH ON ATTACK. I have seen a few posts about making your first attack unstealth you. DO NOT DO THIS. You should actually get a 90-100% crit chance while stealth in my opinion, or some sort of cool back stab animation for melee kills. This animation should be different for each melee weapon and auto use if behind an enemy. This would also help somehting actually be different about another warframe other than just the skills.

3. Blade Storm - As soon as I used this skill for 3 missions I did a re-spec. I do not really like anything about it. My camera jerks everywhere, I feel completely out of control and have no idea whats going on. It uses all energy and when I'm dont I just stay at my random enemy location instead of back where I started. Is there a max enemy limit? I don't find I'm truly clearing a room like in the description. I think it could be much more useful if you didn't go into a top down view and actually killed every enemy in the room for that energy cost.

4. Teleport - Simple here, 5-10 energy cost. and able to target anywhere instead of just teleport to enemy. I am building my ash as a sniper. I often use my smoke screen to gain distance on enemies and would be nice if i could use teleport to kite. It has no attack power with it so a low energy cost and ground/wall target system would in no way make it OP.

I think overall there needs to be energy regen or just much more supply of it. I don't want to be able to use my skill at all times but for less offensive energy dump characters it seems we should be able to use them more often. No it would not be cool if Excalibur could spam his rush ability but at the same time I shoudl be able to cast non-attack skills like smoke screen and teleport way more often. I think being that skills is literally the ONLY thing that seperates gameplay of the frames then you should make it truly effect your playstyle. I have played with 3 different warframes and I still just run around pew pew everything because its most effective.

Blade Storm is chaos. I just ended the attack on the outside of the ship. Sometimes it doesnt even attack anything at all. Completely agree with you on that point. I use Ash as a sniper as well. These teleport to enemy powers generally get you destroyed or glitched to unreachable areas of the map or somewhere you generally dont want to be.

Blade Storm is chaos. I just ended the attack on the outside of the ship. Sometimes it doesnt even attack anything at all. Completely agree with you on that point. I use Ash as a sniper as well. These teleport to enemy powers generally get you destroyed or glitched to unreachable areas of the map or somewhere you generally dont want to be.

I really only find smoke bomb to be a useful skill on this frame so far. I have had similar problems. Occasionally I'll dump all my shuriken at a boss to make quick work of him but the Teleport not being to an enemy would be the first thing I would address on this frame for sure.