Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Rename "credits" To Energy Or Fuel

unmog

[Edit: I wish I knew how to change the title... but I now think Glue would be a much better name than Credits, and that will be the one I vote for. Fits it PERFECTLY!]

Greetings fellow Tenno!

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the economy in Ninja Space lately has apparently hit rock bottom. I go to my favorite stores, try and get a new tshirt, some polish for my blades and armor, restock up on ammo, heck I can't even buy a hamburger anymore. Everywhere I go its the same thing, "We don't accept credits here." What is this, a Mastercard? Seems all they accept anymore is Platinum, one of the rarest metals in the universe. I guess "Plat" is the new gold standard now? For the life of me I can't really figure out what to do with it all anymore. The only thing it seems good for is 1= trading for blueprints, 2= combining parts into usable items, and 3= fusing my modules to make them stronger.

This got me thinking though, in any working and logical economy, calling something credits would typically bring assumptions that it was a sort of currency. And if it was currency, then you could use it to trade for other things you might need. It seems all those store owners were eager to trade me some "credits" for some of my extra blueprints, mods, old weapons and extra resources, but no one wanted to let me buy anything in return, even when I offered an exuberant amount of them like 100 times what they paid me.

So I figure... maybe credits really isn't a good name for this particular general and abundant resource. If its mostly only good for trading for basic things and used in creation of just about everything else, why don't we just call it Energy or Fuel instead? I think then I'd be less surprised and upset that I have all this supposed "currency" and nothing to trade for it. Lets just call it what it is, who agrees?

Edited by unmog

The post made me laugh, even if it was unintentional and I mean that with every bit of respect.

I agree credits are a kind of naff currency, not the name, the purpose. Although I'm going to hazard a guess and say they're going to include more options with credit expenditures.

The post made me laugh, even if it was unintentional and I mean that with every bit of respect.

I agree credits are a kind of naff currency, not the name, the purpose. Although I'm going to hazard a guess and say they're going to include more options with credit expenditures.

have you seen the dojo prices, or maxed serration? The credit drain is there, waiting on us to realize it. And when we do BAM never lets go.

Thanks :) I tried to keep it a little less serious than some of the other very angry posts here on the forum to cheer people up. But yea, the main point is there aint a lot to spend it on. I guess all our money "aint no good here". Really most people say "Sure it has lots of uses, like for fusing mods and crafting items." Just sounds more like energy or fuel than currency to me, and if the direction of update 8 is any indication on their intentions for use on credits, well I just happened to notice a lot of things that "could" be purchased with credits before went up [like the braton] or became plat only [like the latron]

have you seen the dojo prices, or maxed serration? The credit drain is there, waiting on us to realize it. And when we do BAM never lets go.

I think even dojo prices are going to be bottle necked thanks to Forma. Still, if we're building it ourselves why do we need money? Again sounds like fuel/energy to me.

I'm building my Dojo solo. You betcha I've seen the prices :P

I think even dojo prices are going to be bottle necked thanks to Forma. Still, if we're building it ourselves why do we need money? Again sounds like fuel/energy to me.

They should call it munnies. No one ever used that one. Or rupies. Or vanilla shakes who bring all the boys to the yard. Call is VSWBALBTTY for short. Whats is a name? Credits fit, its a generic term for currency. Making up some crazy name doesnt make it less than money or more than credit. But as to energy or fuel, energy is a lready named in the game, jsut confusing to add 2 different energies. As far as fuel goes, maybe if we were ships or something. But you realize how messy it is when a mod drops a gallon of fuel on death, usually theres no mop and bucket for cleanup. Takes forever to siphon it off the floor.

I'm building my Dojo solo. You betcha I've seen the prices :P

As much as I admire your tenacity,Is this just to say you can? I have a great clan that is always looking out for fun people to chill and shoot things with. No need to shoulder it on your own.

But as to energy or fuel, energy is a lready named in the game, jsut confusing to add 2 different energies. 

Ah good point, I forgot energy was the blue bar that I just think of as my magic points... >.> cuz thats pretty much what that is too. :p

Edited by unmog

Ah good point, I forgot energy was the blue bar that I just think of as my magic points... >.> cuz thats pretty much what that is too. :p

Yep , names arent important unless they name them totally $&*&*#(%&, like Smufshmusta. thats our money, our energy can be canolo oil.

Yep , names arent important unless they name them totally $&*&*#(%&, like Smufshmusta. thats our money, our energy can be canolo oil.

Actually I wouldn't mind calling my credits "Mass" either, since all they're doing right now is taking up room. Everything could use some basic mass right? Building dojos, new weapons, fusing mods together. Its like the glue that holds everything together. Oh wait! Glue would work too. :)

As much as I admire your tenacity,Is this just to say you can? I have a great clan that is always looking out for fun people to chill and shoot things with. No need to shoulder it on your own.

Eh, I made a spoofy clan. "Something Epic" because people were talking about making a guild in Council: "What should it be called you reckon?" "hmm, it's got to be something epic...."  - Done, I say. DONE.

Now it lives on with 10 members that may or not even still be playing, I haven't seen anyone on but mysteriously 5 forma have been contributed to the very first cross hallway.....

Thanks though :P

Plus it is kind of to see how long it takes a solo person to manage it. Even though now someone is active and did contribute.

tfw i'm bumming off one of the largest clans on warframe just for the research labs

I don't intend to buy my blueprints with fuel or energy, thank you very much.

And i do believe that the unknown blacksmith of the foundry doesn't really want more "energy" or fuel for his work, i bet those taste funny, and he need credits to put food on the table for his whole family.

Technically you wouldn't buy it, youd "trade" it! Buts thats what buying something means anyway, trading something for something else. Before currency thats what people did, traded chickens for sheep after all. Money just came around after to standardize things. But I guess in the future ninja space money isnt good for much anymore other than crafting stuff, combining mods and building dojo's.

Really it's more like glue or fuel than it is like money. But it still is used for basically everything important, so I dont see why you couldnt trade it for blueprints/paper. :p If anything blueprints are the closest thing to real currency we have in this game if you stop to think about it...

Edit: Heh, well, real currency other than Plat of course. :p

Edited by unmog