Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Defense (Neptune - Salacia) Mob Level Scaling Is Way Off The Charts

Neah

Take a look at these pictures, and tell me what's wrong with it.

CzcIyPJ.jpg

10GCAv3.jpg

bExOMAY.jpg

Yep. A 20 wave defense. With level 118 mobs. 

Not to mention the convenient feature of mobs randomly getting stuck between geometry and the HORRID navmap.

The biggest enemy was getting drowsy in the mission. Spawn rates are so goddamn slow that we were just WAITING for them to come at us. Then wave 20, BOOM! HERE YOU ARE, ALL THE LEVEL 118 MOBS!

Also, good thing you left the Defense targets at 2k hp. Well played DE.

Thanks DE, whoever designed this.

Just thank you. 40 mins of my time wasted.  10/10 would waste my time again.

Edited by Neah

Wave 20. Elytron with 1890 shields. Two blasts from a corvette took out the shields. The shuttles have 500 shield power. You don't need an advanced math degree to see that this isn't remotely balanced. As it stands, this mission is based on pure luck at the moment. If the enemies ignore the shuttles, you win. If even one of them decides to focus on the shuttles, you lose.

118lvl, holyshi~!

We managed to get at 15 wave with 1 Elytron and 3 Itzals and we couldn't even see their level (bugged?). So, we were getting insta-rekt once the Penta Ranger popped out. Same thing for the Ship:

Penta Ranger pops out and, while we're dealing with those Drones, he manages to get close to our object, then *psshhh... BOOM* Mission Failed.

Ohwell... 

Not really, that is just a UI bug.

If my intuition is right, its possible that they 'accidentally' used the Interception wave enemy level scaling, in the Defense enemy level scaling. Because if you ever played Interception in Archwing, it displays as 'Wave' instead of 'Round'. Also if you pay close attention, the mobs increase in level every wave instead of every 5 waves.

Archwing scaling was always over-the-top for us players since the devs probably do not play the mode themselves.

Before this, Uranus-Caelus had insane scaling, whereas our stats would be insufficient to handle the increased damage output. Then on fine day, Rebecca decided to try out the mission and well........let's just say things turned out to be in our favor after a big update xD .

Yep! Just fell victim to this bug.

Me and my team were having a good time, bit bored with how easy and slow the mission was right up to wave 15ish.  Suddenly mobs had gone up 15 levels.  Then they did it again.  By wave 17?  Level 78 mobs.  Wave 18?  Level 95 mobs.  We were still able to kill them, but unfortunately at some point a few of them got pot shots on our shuttles and basically instakilled them.   No rewards for like 20 minutes of work due to this.  I'm a little peeved. 

I had the same problem. I used to like archwings missions, but Archwings defense is tedious, very slow and painful. It become to strong after round 15. I manage to walk into wave 20 twice... and lost both times. Pods got Instant kill because of these overpowered mobs. I will not waste my time playing it again until it get an hotfix. I really hope for a hotfix...

So far, I tried to reach wave 20 two times (with a PuG) and it went pretty smoothly.

If anything, the mission was pretty boring, flying back and forth and planting thumpers.

Occasionally nuking things with Warhead to push the enemies away.

And yes, the spawn rates are just horrible. However, I think it was intentionally slowed down because you get 2 rewards each 5 waves. So they probably wanted to keep the duration at the same level as the 40 waves defense.

I didn't pay attention to their levels so can't tell if they were lvl 100+, so perhaps your mission got bugged?

REUIdAC.jpg

RotPYRT.jpg

WxAjUM3.jpg

This mission is completely broken right now. Enemies can even go over 200 lvl on wave 15+ and i beleive it's not the limit. I wonder why DE released this content so broken, they had many weeks to test this... As mentioned before - this mission is pure luck now.

And yes, the spawn rates are just horrible. However, I think it was intentionally slowed down because you get 2 rewards each 5 waves. So they probably wanted to keep the duration at the same level as the 40 waves defense.

hoooooold it, hold it right there - that would mean they changed pacing to push back the c rotation. and if that wasn't obvious: to make farming more annoying. O__O

would be a pretty big $&*^move in my book.

or maybe we get 2 rewards per rotation because DE wanted to reduce grind for real and the pacing is just off?

then it would be rather nice...

oh my...

Edited by SlyBoots

hoooooold it, hold it right there - that would mean they changed pacing to push back the c rotation. and if that wasn't obvious: to make farming more annoying. O__O

pretty big $&*^move in my book.

Indeed. Pretty much means the C rotation is at "40 waves".

I heard the scaling is based on your conclave rating, so if you equip an unmodded warframe, it will ease the scaling.

Incorrect, tested it. 

I also found out the real reason.

ENEMIES SCALE WITH TIME, NOT WAVE

I discovered this when we had an unfortunate bug.  A wave would not end!  It turned out that somehow an enemy had spawned all the way back through all the tunnels back at spawn.  It took us over 10 minutes to find him.  When we started the next wave, it had gone up NINETY LEVELS IN ONE WAVE.

The solution is simple - do the mission fast, and you never hit the wall.  I've just done a few in a row with enemies at wave 20 being level 30-32.  Enemy radar, thumpers, grattler thru walls on spawns - use everything you can to blaze through waves, and you'll never run into any difficulty.

Once you go past a critical time point, though, you step off the flat part of DE's exponential time scaling and onto the scaling cliff.  Once you hit that key moment around 20 minutes in, things will go up 5 levels in one wave.  Then you take even longer, so next wave they're up 10 or 15 levels.  Then you take even longer... it's a vicious cycle.

So, to sum up, take enemy radar warframe aura, do not bring leveling equipment, and do not putz around.  Camp spawns, spam abilities, and mop up stragglers quickly, and you'll cruise through the defense.