Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pbr Ruins Performance, Some Way To Toggle It Maybe Please?

papey

I've been fine on the Grineer ship, until the PBR treatment.

Now there are only two rooms which I can get over 30 FPS in (over 60 before)

Now the same thing for the void, I get that you want to make the game look better, but could we have it as an option somehow for those who either don't like the effects or simply have low performance with their graphics cards?

I've been fine on the Grineer ship, until the PBR treatment.

Now there are only two rooms which I can get over 30 FPS in (over 60 before)

Now the same thing for the void, I get that you want to make the game look better, but could we have it as an option somehow for those who either don't like the effects or simply have low performance with their graphics cards?

hmm, it speeds up performance actually, my toaster PC runs faster in void now, I think it is the bloom that reduces your FPS, try un-checking it if u have it on, or high dynamic range for that matter, they both make it look like Jesus not metal

PBR actually is more streamlined and should run faster. They have definitely broken something in the void though. It is randomly bringing my monster of a computer to its knees.

Well, it's nice to know it's not just me and my lap potato suffering.

Now I can convince myself this is still a viable machine >:)

hmm, it speeds up performance actually, my toaster PC runs faster in void now, I think it is the bloom that reduces your FPS, try un-checking it if u have it on, or high dynamic range for that matter, they both make it look like Jesus not metal

I run with everything off.. I can confirm my 60-70 FPS dropped to Galleon-tier 20-30FPS. That room with the two sewer-like tunnels is hell to me right now alongside some of the bigger rooms.

I run with everything off.. I can confirm my 60-70 FPS dropped to Galleon-tier 20-30FPS. That room with the two sewer-like tunnels is hell to me right now alongside some of the bigger rooms.

hmmmmm....... well, I don`t find a reason for it, I have all on/high except resolution, high dynamic range and reflections, usually I am at 40-50 FPS, with PBR added it got to 60, so I can`t really explain the drops you have, cam u take a screenshot of that room? may help

Can anyone actually explain this though? It makes zero sense to me.

Looks better = should be more demanding.

For one thing, most textures have been able to be combined, which allows you to have less loaded.

The reality is that PBR isn't really more complicated from a performance standpoint. The issue is that originally 3D graphics were incredibly simplistic, and new features were just layered on top. First we got polygons, then we got textures. After that we got crude lighting and so on. Every element was treated distinctly, and was tailored specifically to its purpose.

More recently people have realised that they can make a single shader that acts closer to how a wide range of materials work, and that is PBR. The actual shading isn't more complex, but the input information is much more precise and controllable.

For one thing, most textures have been able to be combined, which allows you to have less loaded.

The reality is that PBR isn't really more complicated from a performance standpoint. The issue is that originally 3D graphics were incredibly simplistic, and new features were just layered on top. First we got polygons, then we got textures. After that we got crude lighting and so on. Every element was treated distinctly, and was tailored specifically to its purpose.

More recently people have realised that they can make a single shader that acts closer to how a wide range of materials work, and that is PBR. The actual shading isn't more complex, but the input information is much more precise and controllable.

And today I learned about what PBR really is

Still sort of weird getting such a diverse range of results.. Huge FPS decreases, minor decreases, increases, I guess it has its degrees of compatibility with different graphics cards. Sorry if I seem dumb, but I'm not much of a PC builder or anything to be honest

And today I learned about what PBR really is

Still sort of weird getting such a diverse range of results.. Huge FPS decreases, minor decreases, increases, I guess it has its degrees of compatibility with different graphics cards. Sorry if I seem dumb, but I'm not much of a PC builder or anything to be honest

I really don't think the performance problems have anything to do with PBR. They most likely broke something unrelated.

The Grineer Galleon tileset has been PBR'd for a while. and has a lot more props and such. The fact that it isn't exhibiting these issues certainly means something.

PBR actually is more streamlined and should run faster. They have definitely broken something in the void though. It is randomly bringing my monster of a computer to its knees.

R9 390 with a Core i5 6600k @ 4.4Ghz dropping to 90FPS. Werfrem plz

Spot on and A+

im guessing they have screwed up while trying to auto convert assets to PBR... cause mynki mentioned they were working on a program that could auto convert assets and get them PBR ready without all the manual work that was taking them 2x as longer to do it by themselves.... but i would have thought they would have checked those assets encase things went wrong or something messed up... either that or implementation into engine was not as smooth as they had hoped 

i wouldnt say my PC is the best . but gets the job done and runs warframe on okey settings ( all medium except a few with are on low )

and yeaaaa... its just crippling my system so bad!