Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Changes (Buff)

SignOfTheTaurus

So now her 4 ability is almost totaly useless. It is just an easier aiming thing but the DPS is not high enough, she cant move and its draining preety much fast.
Even before Update 17.5 I wasnt using Peacemaker on high leveled enemies because it was useless for example TIV Survival 30minutes.
It need changes and other abilities too:

Ballistic Battery - When 100% loaded, you can use it and its gives a bonus damage(affected by power strength) to shoting weapons for 7Seconds (Affected by power duration). Affected Peacemaker damage.
So this ability wont be only for a single shot to kill one enemy. It will be a nice buff.

Shooting Gallery - Works to all team mates in range of use. Buff reload speed and holstering speed, and Jamming all enemies weapons for 2 seconds(not affected by mods) giving you and your team mates enough time to aim at enemies.

Shatter Shield - no change. This is her very good powerfull ability and it doesnt need any changes.

Peacemaker - it should have its own damage like 150damage, affected by Secondary weapon mods. (Just like Hysteria and Exalted blade) So the damage will be high enough. And she should be probably abble to move like Valkyr and Excalibur in their ultimate ability.
So it will be the same type of ability but instead of melee weapons, it will be with shoting weapons (Her pistols)

So now her 4 ability is almost totaly useless. 

LMAO

Shooting Gallery - Works to all team mates in range of use. Buff reload speed and holstering speed, and Jamming all enemies weapons for 2 seconds(not affected by mods) giving you and your team mates enough time to aim at enemies.

No. God, seriously what? You want to make it so you can only jam weapons for 2 seconds? Are you for real? Why would anyone want that? What benefit is there to making it 2 seconds and unable to go higher? That's even shorter than it lasts with 10%~ duration using maxed fleeting and tranny fort. I'm sorry but this is just completely terrible. It would also completely invalidate the augment mod for the ability which only works when it transfers targets.

You seriously need to read up on these abilities before making such wild suggestions. 

Edited by DiosGX

I'm not sure how many times this must be typed.

Peacemaker was not nerfed, you just have to aim, The damage even increases as the ring gets smaller, at max focus  your initial damage should be atleast doubled. And you can focus down select targets. All of her abilities are positvely affected by duration, take off fleeting expertise.

Secondary mod scaling should be inplace instead of her current damage but for now Mesa's DPS is very, very good.

Peacemaker was not nerfed, you just have to aim, The damage even increases as the ring gets smaller, 

Yes, exactly. Her Peacemaker was in fact made stronger with this. It also means when a melee dude is up in your grill, you can actively target them which is what I've been screaming for forever.

Edited by DiosGX

Wait a few days and people will be calling for a Mesa nerf again. She was buffed for higher end play. 360 clearing of trash mobs isnt really all that impressive. Now she can target increased DPS at priority targets as enemies get tougher. Before the buff, her 4 was useless at higher levels because there was NO WAY to prioritize.

on top of that, its still easy to sweep the camera around and clear low level mobs just about as effective as before

Edited by Hypernaut1

Maybe this will change with the mod overhaul, but initial impression is. So her peacemaker is now a weaker soma prime with a different wind up mechanic?

I don't see why I would use peacemaker if I have a Soma Prime. Her ultimate seems to be more you are able to carry a third gun now.

I like the idea but I don't see the point in it with it's current damage.

Edited by Oishii

Peacemaker was not nerfed, you just have to aim, The damage even increases as the ring gets smaller, at max focus  your initial damage should be atleast doubled. And you can focus down select targets. All of her abilities are positvely affected by duration, take off fleeting expertise.

Secondary mod scaling should be inplace instead of her current damage but for now Mesa's DPS is very, very good.

The reason people like me and others hate this is because she is basically a sitting duck using peacemaker in general.

If they made her able to be mobile while using this ability then I would say that this is a buff but they just basically made it a chore to use her now. Almost near impossible to solo with her now because of her being nerfed.

Just because they made the DPS stronger doesn't make it better.

We liked her because in a way she was an AOE frame but now that's been cut in half. With the fact that the the bigger the iris the more enemies you can hit. The smaller it gets the less enemies you can hit making her 4th ability useless and stating the reason on why we dislike her now 

Edited by JAC_Elite

The reason people like me and others hate this is because she is basically a sitting duck using peacemaker in general.

If they made her able to be mobile while using this ability then I would say that this is a buff but they just basically made it a chore to use her now. Almost near impossible to solo with her now because of her being nerfed.

We liked her because in a way she was an AOE frame but now that's been cut in half. With the fact that the the bigger the iris the more enemies you can hit. The smaller it gets the less enemies you can hit making her 4th ability useless and stating the reason on why we dislike her now 

She has both Shatter-shield and Shooting Gallery to protect her.

Shatter-shields gives her 95% DR to all rage attacks and it's augments allows for CC  reflects while firing.

Shooting gallery proctects her from close range attacks by stunning them, allowing her to have time to kill them.

Both of these skills are positively affected by increased duration as well as power strength, coincidentally, both of these with the current change make peacemaker a better skill as  the drain rate has be reduced without harming her other skills.

2 of her skills increase her suvivability while in peacemaker dramatically, when Mesa is no longer using shooting gallery she is vulnerable to melee attacks, before, now you simply turn your mouse and shoot them down.  It also leads me to question how much you know of her other skills when you say she can't be used to solo, considering her shooting gallery will remain with her for it's full duration.

People who honestly believe this was a nerf are the very reason the skill had to be change, to discourage mindless play.If turning your moyuse is a chore, then you're being lazy, to put it simply. Nothing is topping you from turning your mouse around and having mesa fire at everything in a 360 degree radius.

Why would... ANYONE like these "Buffs"?! Even ANDREW RYAN would think of the players who actually like mesa the way she now is! "Eww, she's not strong anymore, mehmehmehmehmehhhh! I want my pwess fouw to win back, weeh!" Just be glad she's not gone, you privileged whiner!

Edited by EliTheTenno

Peacemaker was not nerfed, you just have to aim, The damage even increases as the ring gets smaller, at max focus  your initial damage should be atleast doubled. And you can focus down select targets.

Yeah great, instead of a great crowdclearer, you now get to spend energy to focus peacemaker into "atleast doubled" damage. Cause people pick Mesa for single target damage. It's now a lame power for both aoe and focused damage. For area, you're area gets limited over time, potentially making you recast it. That costs energy. For focused, you first have to actually focus the area, that costs energy as well. Rather get a frame that does what I want when I want it, instead of this half and half bullS#&$.

I personally like the mesa change. It was necessary as a whole to stop the game becoming what it was turning into. Which was complete negation of any frame use other than mesa, trinity and frost. Ever had someone rage at you so much that you just gave up and let your party die just because you kill things with a Saryn or nova instead of a mesa? Or perhaps you would much rather try and get a levelling group for that oberyon of yours but oh sorry, you cant play that. We need a mesa. For a T1D. Which you can pretty much solo with a level 1 frame and a good melee weapon. No you needed a mesa. 

Changing the mesa opened the field to the entire roster of frames rather than making it entirely a necessity for every run, even when other frames would have done just fine with the job.

I like the mesa change. But they do need to change it so that you start off in the focused state maybe without the damage increase, and they do need the other abilities looked at given how people mod for power strength, but the key mods for that remove all functionality for its other skills

I personally like the mesa change. It was necessary as a whole to stop the game becoming what it was turning into. Which was complete negation of any frame use other than mesa, trinity and frost. Ever had someone rage at you so much that you just gave up and let your party die just because you kill things with a Saryn or nova instead of a mesa? Or perhaps you would much rather try and get a levelling group for that oberyon of yours but oh sorry, you cant play that. We need a mesa. For a T1D. Which you can pretty much solo with a level 1 frame and a good melee weapon. No you needed a mesa. 

Changing the mesa opened the field to the entire roster of frames rather than making it entirely a necessity for every run, even when other frames would have done just fine with the job.

I like the mesa change. But they do need to change it so that you start off in the focused state maybe without the damage increase, and they do need the other abilities looked at given how people mod for power strength, but the key mods for that remove all functionality for its other skills

As a mesa player I think that the change wasn't that bad but I do think that there are things that can be changed. I love mesa but I do like to play other warframes. 

I suggest MOBILIZE THE MESA!!! :P

Nah mesa is still good even if DE changes nothing more. No matter what I'll stay mesa.

Thank god, someone who understands why warframes like Mesa and Trinity need to get "nerfed".

As far as i'm concerned, as long as the warframe your using can fit the role that is required, nobody should complain. I hate the fact that people treat most buffers and support frames like dirt, just because they are not Trinity or people who act as if most DPS warframes garbage, because they don't have a ridiculously huge and powerful Area-of-Effect like Ember, Nova, etc and cannot clear a room in mere seconds, things like this need to stop.

Sorry guys, but Mesa's "nerf" was probably for the best, although i think adding the ability to at least move while using the Peacemakers wouldn't hurt, even if the mobility is very limited.

Edited by Kiyryite

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, I want to mention: I absolutely -adore- Mesa. It's the only frame I ever bought with platinum instead of going the slow way and farming it, and I never once regretted it. (Okay, I lie, I actually sorta did once. XD She turned out to be so awesome, I felt guilty for being as cheap as to buy her instead of investing some effort into asquiring. I got over that eventually.) Discountinuing my starter frame (Volt) which screwes the statistic, there is no other frame which is even close to 35% of time she was used by me. That did not change much since the update.

That said, the change left me with mixed feelings. On one hand, the aimbot ability, as convenient as it was, was indeed way too ridiculous and pretty much screamed for a nerf. I like that part. I like the part that n00bs and afk-farmers have no overwhelmingly OP reason to use her anymore. I don't like being too mainstream. :P

(Additionally, it stopped overshadowing her other three abilities, and made me see that it's totally worth it building her for duration instead of efficiency. <.< But shhh.)

On the other hand, I dislike it as well. I didn't quite like how Peacemaker worked, but now I like it even less. Like some others said before me, as it is right now it is useless. Completely, utterly redundant - if I want to shot someone in a cone, it is much easier, faster, and energy-efficient to do using my Soma. Especially on my computer, which doesn't always provide the minimum of 30 FPS required for Peacemaker to work correctly. Additionally, given this FPS problem, trying to spin around trying to catch everyone also doesn't quite work. Considering that I do use her other three abilities, having an unused button on my most favoritest frame is upsetting.

However, I regret to say I don't really have a good idea on how to make Peacemaker good again. Quite possibly she needs an entirely different mechanic for her 4th, but the only thoughts I can share on the matter is that it needs to be something that supports her current tank/CC role.

To answer to the opening post: those changes are sorts of... meh. Some of it could work? But don't touch Shooting Gallery's jamming mechanic. Keep it shhhh, but it's actually sort of OP, and different from Peacemaker it's in a good way. It's practically Radial Blind - okay, with smaller stun time and less reliable - but as a freaking BUFF that goes with you wherever you go. It is truly something in solo missions. It is still awesome in groups, although I really do wish it would stop jumping: as cool as that jumping mechanic sounds (I imagine there was this back-to-back Tenno action in mind when DE made that ability) it doesn't translate well to gameplay.

Oh and Ballistic Battery needs to be one-handed, or whatever was the term for abilities that don't interrupt shooting. Having to pause to reapply it detracts from the decent DPS increase it otherwise provides.

Edited by royallyTipsy

Lol stop about mesa there are more frames then mesa alone and i think this is an improvement on her frame now you can actually target enemies you want to kill first . and haters ... pls stop puting these useless post in the forrum and start discussing about real things like weapons that you get quite late but aren't suiteable in endgame *cough* boar(prime) *cough* .

I liked Mesa before, I still do, though her actual PM feels more engaging to use. It's not a Soma, come on, there is still auto-aim. Also her other skills are fine, although Ballistic Battery should have no more damage cap, even if the charge up time has to be increased for that (would not be op no matter the damage, because it can only affect a single target).

Sniperbro, of course there are more frames. That is why nowadays I use Ember for Defense. Mesa is there when I want to have some solo fun... or when I need a decently survivable frame. (I don't use Rhino. And Valkyr is boring, although convenient. Hm, wait, that sounds a bit like how Peacemaker was, that "boring but practical" part!)

Enno, I like your Ballistic Battery idea. I did think before that increasing her stored cap would be cool, but was afraid it will be a bit OP. But now that you mention it, it really is as you say. It would make her an astounding bosskiller, something the ability should've always had.

Going back to Peacemaker, I don't find auto-aim all that useful now that it can't aim somewhere outside of my screen. And given the tiny size to which the ring shrinks over time, soon enough it stops being "auto-aim" anyway. -.-

Edited by royallyTipsy

I like your Ballistic Battery idea. I did think before that increasing her stored cap would be cool, but was afraid it will be a bit OP. But now that you mention it, it really is as you say. It would make her an astounding bosskiller, something the ability should've always had.

Yes. The actual problem with BB is that unless you have of the few guns that synergize well with it, it's OP on low level and too weak later on. And it doesn't seem to work well at all with shotguns. So I'd say either make it similar to Maim with infinite charge up ; or let it deal, when fully charged, a % of the current weapon's total damage, not an arbitrary number. Like, 300-400% unmodded. What do you prefer ?

Overall, this patch has altered this character in a variety of ways that you either like or you don't. I agree (from my opinion) that there are certain things that shouldn't have been changed as drastically as they were. It will just take some time for a reevaluation of this update in order for the proper changes to take place. Believe me, I spent my fair share of time and resources trying to get Mesa and now she's been nerfed in several ways that pretty drastically affect the way she is played. Like the "view distance" of her Peacemaker ability, pretty upsetting in comparison.

This guy. HE gets it. He really does.

Just becase the DPS goes UP, doesnt mean the ability got better. The PDS increased, but the effectiveness suffered a DRASTIC decrease.

Just becase the DPS goes UP, doesnt mean the ability got better. The PDS increased, but the effectiveness suffered a DRASTIC decrease.

DPS also didn't really go up

you can no longer mod as aggressively for strength, so any damage bonus PM now has for extended continuous fire is offset by the reduced initial damage

not to mention your dps will suffer as you scan the map for targets

not to mention your dps will suffer because you have to manage shatter shield in order to survive using peacemaker since you've lost 360' coverage