Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Remove The Leave Conclave Button In The Reward Screen

Storchenbein

See title. It's getting extremely annoying. People leave as soon as the end screen pops up forcing others into an infinite loop of host migrations and doom, which can even result in you losing the match reputation and rewards.

There's enough time to leave in the intermission screen, just remove the confirmation prompt when you want to leave there.

Edited by Storchenbein

Idea: Have the 'leave conclave' button on the end-screen not immediately pull you out of the game – at least if you're the host. Instead, make it delay your leaving until the results screen its over and the next level is loading. This way we only have one host migration, and it happens between levels, as part of the normal level loading screen – that'd be infinitely less annoying.

I also think it'd be good to have some indicator of who the host is – like a little crown icon by their avatar or something. Perhaps it would make people more hesitant to jump out, if they knew they were inflicting a host migration on the other players. Maybe.

I think the "Leave Conclave" button is great. Before that you had to wait through the next loading screen, then the host would usually leave anyway, taking the lobby with him (i.e. forcing the game to start). So if you wanted to leave yourself, you'd have to wait through yet another loading screen short of using Alt+F4 to leave yourself.

Now here's how I think the current implementation could be improved:

• The "Leave Conclave" button just marks the player (or maybe even only the current host) for wanting to leave before the next round.
  • Leaving and, if neccessary, migration is then deferred to the end of the countdown and negotiated between the peers (current host last).
  • Then the next lobby will consist of the remaining players only, and another migration is hopefully not necessary.

I think the "Leave Conclave" button is great. Before that you had to wait through the next loading screen, then the host would usually leave anyway, taking the lobby with him (i.e. forcing the game to start). So if you wanted to leave yourself, you'd have to wait through yet another loading screen short of using Alt+F4 to leave yourself.

Now here's how I think the current implementation could be improved:

• The "Leave Conclave" button just marks the player (or maybe even only the current host) for wanting to leave before the next round.

• Leaving and, if neccessary, migration is then deferred to the end of the countdown and negotiated between the peers (current host last).

• Then the next lobby will consist of the remaining players only, and another migration is hopefully not necessary.

It certainly spares people from a lot of unwanted loading screens or migrations if they want to leave. Any change that prevents an endless loop of host migrations happening in the end screen is fine with me here.

Why? I say keep the button, but don't migrate host then and there and go back to reward screen, linger on it the same time as normal, then migrate host between reward screen and the "waiting for players" screen.

Frankly conclave's matchmaking is pretty broken, only allowing you to join conclave with public set, most timers and team balancing getting skipped if the host migrates, this problem with reward screen getting repeated if host migrates during it etc, and it's silly that the conclave match starts after the timer counts down even if there is just 1-2 players in the game, 1-2 players in cephalon capture and team elimiation isn't fun, should wait until there is a more reasonable number of players, with perhaps some option to bypass that requirement if it's taking too long to get more.

Oh and I really wish conclave didn't have hosts, they have such a huge advantage in fights it's ridiculous.

Edited by KriLL3

They just need to do it like Feyangol said:

They need to remove this option only for the host, that's all ...

just remove the "leave conclave" button for host, so they can only leave at the intermission screen, at that time everyone else that wanted to leave already did, so we only get a single host migration.

just remove the "leave conclave" button for host, so they can only leave at the intermission screen, at that time everyone else that wanted to leave already did, so we only get a single host migration.

This is definitely the best idea yet. +1

Submitted this change today.

while DE is looking here, Conclave challenge of "Kill enemy on a killstreak" uses an old value of 5 man streak instead of new 3 man, meaning the message that a guy is on a streak is like cosmetic for game and it takes old value into account. 

Edited by b0_on