Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mind Controlled Techs+Fusion Moas Not Spawning Allied Units

Darthmufin

This has always been a problem, when mind controlling a corpus tech or corpus/corrupted fusion moa, they will spawn enemy units instead of allied units, which dosn't make any sense. When the enemy is mind controlled, they use their abilities and powers against their former allies and just like a mind controlled drahk master who commands his drahks to attack grineer, and stay that way even after the drahk masters death, this should also be a thing with techs and fusion moas. 

i am so tired of trying to have fun with nyx just for a tech to deploy an enemy unit that he just shoots at or a fusion moa who deploys a drone that is easily more powerful than the moa itself. 

please fix this, maybe this year? -_-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could be cool to have the summoned units as allies.

What do you mean? That is what i am suggesting, unless you mean they stay friendly after the fusion moa or tech is dead or the mind control wears off, in that case i agree. Drahks that are spawned friendly under drahk masters stay friendly until they die, which makes sense since the drahk master commanded them to attack grineer, so that is what they will do regardless of the state of the drahk master. the same should be for other enemies that are spawned under mind control. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2016 at 9:35 PM, Paradoxbomb said:

So much bump.

But that is a fair point, it would be a nice touch if those units deployed allied units that don't end up causing more harm then good.

i bump alot. i have a bug report thread that i started in september of 2015 and it only got one reply. people ignore my posts which is probably why so many bugs keep piling up, i seem to be the only person who notices or cares about the little bugs that don't drastically affect gameplay but erode the game after every patch. Most developers try to stop and fix bugs before releasing content, and DE used to, but not anymore. 

Idk if this a bug or intentional. I'll just put it this way, a dog is loyal to its owner right? But machines follow a program. When a Drahk master summons his pets they will do what he says, when a Corpus Tech throws out a Shield osprey it is not his pet is it? It is the Corpus' machine that follows a program.

EDIT: which is why when you hack a cabinet it spawns a friendly unit because you hack their programming, Nyx can only mind control 1 enemy at a time so you can't say her powers would effect enemies that are spawned by them.

Edited by More-L
Added more stuff

On 3/5/2016 at 10:49 PM, More-L said:

Idk if this a bug or intentional. I'll just put it this way, a dog is loyal to its owner right? But machines follow a program. When a Drahk master summons his pets they will do what he says, when a Corpus Tech throws out a Shield osprey it is not his pet is it? It is the Corpus' machine that follows a program.

EDIT: which is why when you hack a cabinet it spawns a friendly unit because you hack their programming, Nyx can only mind control 1 enemy at a time so you can't say her powers would effect enemies that are spawned by them.

All other enemies in the game that spawn units spawn them as allies. All of them. except techs and fusion moas. It's a bug. 

You can't justify that by saying "programming" as mind control is tenno magic. If the host is allied with the tenno it commands whatever it spawns to attack other enemies. Now, whether or not these units stay allied when the mind control wears off like hyekka masters (hyekks who were spawned as allies turn hostile if the mind control ends) is another story. However hyekka masters who die also makes the hyekkas turn hostile which doesn't make sense, but that is a separate issue. 

DE just dosn't want to fix it because it's not important. 

Edited by Darthmufin

On 3/10/2016 at 2:27 PM, Darthmufin said:

All other enemies in the game that spawn units spawn them as allies. All of them. except techs and fusion moas. It's a bug. 

You can't justify that by saying "programming" as mind control is tenno magic. If the host is allied with the tenno it commands whatever it spawns to attack other enemies. Now, whether or not these units stay allied when the mind control wears off like hyekka masters (hyekks who were spawned as allies turn hostile if the mind control ends) is another story. However hyekka masters who die also makes the hyekkas turn hostile which doesn't make sense, but that is a separate issue. 

DE just dosn't want to fix it because it's not important. 

Did you even read my post properly or did you only read the parts you wanted? Please tell me what other enemies that can be mind controlled spawn units aside from Drahk/hyekka masters and Tech/Fusion MOA. I don't know of any, drahk/hyekka will listen to owner regardless of who they say to attack but they are still Grineer so when their master dies they go back to what they were trained to do, attack tenno. Corpus machines follow a PROGRAM, nyx can over-ride that program on the enemy her mind control is active on but not any other units. 

Follow your own wording 'mind control is tenno magic' so don't argue it as if you know for sure that it is a bug.

On 3/14/2016 at 1:59 AM, More-L said:

Did you even read my post properly or did you only read the parts you wanted? Please tell me what other enemies that can be mind controlled spawn units aside from Drahk/hyekka masters and Tech/Fusion MOA. I don't know of any, drahk/hyekka will listen to owner regardless of who they say to attack but they are still Grineer so when their master dies they go back to what they were trained to do, attack tenno. Corpus machines follow a PROGRAM, nyx can over-ride that program on the enemy her mind control is active on but not any other units. 

Follow your own wording 'mind control is tenno magic' so don't argue it as if you know for sure that it is a bug.

Brood mothers spawn friendly maggots, drahk masters spawn friendly drahks, seekers spawn friendly latchers, Hyekka masters spawn friendly hyekkas, and boilers used to spawn friendly infested spawn pods but it was changed due to it causing tons of lag. I am really sorry that you are that silly to think that something intentional is a bug.

Also you are silly because drahk masters stay friendly, as they should. 

Edited by Darthmufin

Ok so I was wrong on some parts, sorry for that. You had to call me 'stupid' twice for no reason, I didn't think of the infested because it wasn't on my mind and I thought I read somewhere that you or someone else wrote that Drahk's don't stay friendly once the master dies, so again, my mistake. But you're obviously not going to listen to me when I say Corpus are machines so I see no point responding when you can't even keep it civil.

Also you are stupid because you said 'drahk masters stay friendly,' instead of summoned drahk (sarcasm)

Probably because there are hundreds of problems with the game and people like you get on my nerves when i try to get DE to fix them. Torid took 7 months to be fixed with a clearly obvious bug, so i have little hope for DE. So maybe that is why i overreact when a moron tries to make excuses for something to stay boring. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2016 at 2:23 AM, Plushy said:

If you point this out anymore, DE might realize the glitch is giving us free allies. We might lose all ourdrahk friends and the rest. So shhh

You know if they had their way people like More-L would rather it be a bug overall and enemies would go back to spawning hostile units that they spawned. lol