Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wall running / jumping

mantsix

I think it might be a good idea to had something like running on wall (something like in Prince of Persia)

and had wall jumping (like in Unreal tournament) and you could mix them together.

Imagine all the crazy combo you could do with that. A little bit like the shooting while sliding then melee,

or like sliding then jump over the guy and shoot him from above.

Feel free to comment. They do listen to us.

You have a good point.

One of the anwser I thought could show up. there isn't lots of space to slide-melee neither cuse it require enough space to do so, or slide-jump over the guy then shoot it, but where I can, I do it.

I agree, someone else in the forums suggested there should be more vertical areas where you could rump and climb upwards.

I suggest there could be some moves such as wall jumping to traverse chasms, wall running upwards for a short while to get up a shaft area faster,

and of course, climbing ladders in a fast way to get up long maintenance shafts.

I think it might be a good idea to had something like running on wall (something like in Prince of Persia) ...

I was just to make similar suggestion = "Prince of Persia wall running style" ability

Also climbing on almost every object on level (and not just some boxes) would be cool

I only started yesterday

btw. I love the game I already recommended it to some of my friends

I notice that you can jump on some orange or grey containers (containers slightly higher than TENNO soldier) and on some you can't, like there's an invisable wall above them

also you can't jump on storage lockers (and they aren't too high)

OK I manage to jump on orange container which is two times bigger than the normal (2.5x higer than TENNO soldier). Then tried again on the same container bur I couldn't. I don't have super-jump skill yet.

It's just weird that on some conteiners you can jump and on some you can't without any obvious reason (like obstacle etc.)

Edited by Strac_CRO

I do feel there could at least be an alternative to the current mantling we can do on containers or railing, because the grabbing and pulling yourself is pretty slow. Definitely need something that matches the rolling, sliding, and flipping we can do currently.

I think the current mantling animation is OK, maybe it could be slightly, slighty faster.

I was thinking more on the interaction with the enviroment (static objects etc.)

no. lets not copy a terrble ubisoft game and borrow a hairbrained idea like wall running.

Unreal Tournament (commonly called Unreal Tournament '99 or UT99 to differentiate from later games) is a first-person shooter (FPS) video game co-developed by Epic Games and Digital Extremes.

First game I played with walljumping.

It really depends on how it's done, and there are many ways to implement wall running.

I'm not against it, but I can be without.

Mirror's Edge did pretty good job with wall running in my opinion, and overally it's a really fluid game.

They said themselves they are making more open areas, including stuff like biodomes and colonized areas(can't find the exact link from steve but I know I read it!)so maybe it will be a feature that makes it in at some point.

I think wall running and etc would be great to have for some open maps like the "W" shaped map, to run across the inside wall instead of running around the big &#! W, or possibly to run up ledges and etc, but I'd think trying to incorperate it with the combat would be a bit too much, nonetheless I feel like I am wrong as i type it.

... Yup.

bump since it's now available in game

I noticed warframe soldires still don't interact ( unable to jump on) correctly with some object in the game like containers and storage lockers.

I think/noticed that the problem is if the big climbable object is sligtly misaligned in the room (set as some small angle, not stricly alligned with the room frame).

In other cases even if the object is "alligned" amd there is enough space above it (no roof) you sometimes can't climb on it (like there is an invisable wall above it) or can climb on it from 2-3 directions while 3rd-4th side of it is somehow blocked for climbing (not wall blocked or somethin, object is free from all 3-4 sides.