Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fps Locks In Multiplayer

Xielent

I have had this problem for about 3 days now. Single player is fine but if I join a squad or play multiplayer the game has frame locks like shown in the video. (Linked Below) Even if I am on my ship and invite someone to my squad it will start frame locking, then as soon as I leave the squad while on the ship the frame locking suddenly stops. 

TLDR; I have frame lock issues in multiplayer but not in single player.

What have I done to try and fix it? I have reinstalled graphics drivers, reinstalled the game twice, tweaked with settings, tested with same computer on two different internet connections. No help. I seem to be the only one with this problem.

The problem isn't ping. The problem isn't a low end system. Not sure what to do.

If this helps, here is specs:

Video:

I have been. Nothing they have said has been helping.

i'm going to take some out of the ordinary guesses then.

software based Audio(basically Driver conflicts), Network processing issues (if you're playing another Multiplayer game - preferably one that has a very heavy CPU load like Warframe, even though finding that will be difficult, that should be able to reproduce issues if it's not Warframe specific), or Overclocking, as unlikely as it is - RAM speed problems, storage, and one more i'll explain in detail later.

with Overclocking - i'd suggest resetting all hardware to stock settings and see if anything changes. if not, manually set everything to lock itself at it's baseline clock, without any Turbo of any sort.

for Memory - while very unlikely, it's possible that between a low Frequency Clock and you having a single Stick of Memory (Single-Channel), that speed isn't high enough at times.

this is pretty unlikely, but that is a very unideal Memory situation either way.

Storage - do you have another Hard Disk around to move Warframe to temporarily? if so, see if anything changes when you do that.

lastly - Hardware incompatibility. are you 101% sure that all of that Hardware is compatible with the Motherboard, visa/versa?

a Z97 Board should be compatible with Devil's Canyon, but making sure is a good idea. same deal for whatever/whosevers Memory module that is.

I'm not having freezes, but I've noticed about 10-15 lower FPS when running with squads now, since U17.6.

Same here, although i notice even more FPS drop - SOLO = 120-144 fps. Multi/squad = 30-60 (say - at least 50% loss in FPS)

Hope they'll fix this soon because currently multiplayer is a huge step back in game-enjoyment this way.

i7 4930K @ 4,4 Ghz

GTX 970

16GB RAM

SSD Samsung EVO 512