Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

Please post your Questions & Bug Reports here on this thread.

We will update this post with commonly reported issues/solutions, as well as build a deeper FAQ based on your concerns.

See our main FAQ here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/549103-steam-workshop-launch-faq/

Appropriate Staff for this topic if you have concerns:

[DE]Taylor

[DE]SizzlingCalamari

[DE]Syncrasis

[DE]Rebecca

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my question: According to the FAQ, sculpts are only allowed for syandanas and capes. Will custom models ever be available for other things (mainly Warframes)?

Very long term:  Possible.

Medium term:  Allow custom sculpts that can be baked down to existing the existing low poly meshes (so that they can use the same rigging, no additional animation work, etc).  

Short term: No.  

Where does one go to download or find the software for this? I never saw a Link within the Workshop or the Thread. I myself wont be making any skins but I'm just curious, as this also may answer any questions anyone else has regarding where it is received from.

Ok i install it already but i dont know where to find some .obj´s to work on. Can someone tell me pls?

Where does one go to download or find the software for this? I never saw a Link within the Workshop or the Thread. I myself wont be making any skins but I'm just curious, as this also may answer any questions anyone else has regarding where it is received from.

Had the same problem and decide to use steamdb.info and i find it here is the Link

https://steamdb.info/app/396050/config/

Medium term:  Allow custom sculpts that can be baked down to existing the existing low poly meshes (so that they can use the same rigging, no additional animation work, etc).  

I would be okay with the medium term minor scuplts. I feel that minor sculpts (so minor that it would not affect the rigging) could really improve the look of certain weapons and warframes. That would be really cool.

steam://install/396050 should launch Steam and take you straight to the page.

Ok i install it already but i dont know where to find some .obj´s to work on. Can someone tell me pls?

Had the same problem and decide to use steamdb.info and i find it here is the Link

https://steamdb.info/app/396050/config/

Launch Tennogen App > Click Help, upper right corner > Goto Content Files and Examples

I would be okay with the medium term minor scuplts. I feel that minor sculpts (so minor that it would not affect the rigging) could really improve the look of certain weapons and warframes. That would be really cool.

Definitely in the plans.  Need to make sure we get things operating smoothly before we jump into the deep end of the pool.

My TennoGen tool appears to be bugged/broken, I get the tool bar at the top but can't click the buttons and there's nothing but a grey area below them. Trying to drag .obj files (ex: ExcaliburMesh.obj) into the window prompts me with "Are you sure you would like to quit? Any unsaved changes will be lost.", it then replaces everything in the TennoGen viewer with text.

Here's the album, because apparently I can't embed imgur images now? http://imgur.com/a/P2Wbe

I'm on 64-bit Vista, by the way.

Are there any plans for body armor/auxiliary submissions?

Definitely open to the possibility.  They tend to be a bit painful to make.  You really want to be tweaking the design with the in game camera (both standard and zoomed in views) in mind.  Don't want an armour piece covering too much of the firing zone.  We can likely get cameras setup to match that at some point and we'd definitely be open to that.  Likely a little ways out, but possible.

Essentially the way I believe primes variants of frames have functioned, where ridged sculpts have been weighted entirely to existing bones on the rig?

Download Mantis pack. When I trying insert normal map in tennogen, program just crushes. 

That is a 16bit 4k normal.  Try reducing it (in Photoshop, etc) to 2048x2048, does it work then?

Please don't ever do that please, please please please.

Steam Workshop is a cluster-f.  Have you seen Team Fortress 2's Workshop?

We intend to curate enough to keep things feeling in the world.  Possible / long term is after we feel pretty confident we could do it both from a tech and an administration point of view.

Essentially the way I believe primes variants of frames have functioned, where ridged sculpts have been weighted entirely to existing bones on the rig?

Ideally no new meshes for awhile (as we're trying to be mindful of rigging and animation bandwidth at the moment).  Once we have some experience with this stuff to leverage we'll do specifications that feel appropriate when we feel comfortable opening that up.

Can someone help me with Excalibur maps order?

So far I figured out:

Diffuse: ExcaliburBody_Diffuse

Normal: ExcaliburBody_Normal

Specular: ???

Roughness: ???

Tint Mask: ???

Emmisive: ExcaliburBody_Emis

I need order of those 3 missing. Please

Probably should have posted in this thread instead -

I have access to a student version of Maya, would making the .obj files in that be fine? I know there are some commercial limitations to the student version and don't want to have any potential risks or anything.

Probably should have posted in this thread instead -

I have access to a student version of Maya, would making the .obj files in that be fine? I know there are some commercial limitations to the student version and don't want to have any potential risks or anything.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=18270111

'Autodesk Student licenses are available as Stand-Alone only and may not be used in the classroom or lab for instructional purposes, or for commercial or for-profit purposes.'

It would appear not.

so we can modify normal maps on warframes right? 

Archived