May 28Th Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

May 28th: Hot Feedback Topics:

A lot of these Hot Feedback Topics are the same as last weeks: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/47095-may-19th-hot-feedback-topics/ I also suspect a lot of these will be discussed in Tomorrow's Livestream.

1) What now? Update 8 is here?

Yes, it is! Thanks for sticking through the Hotfixes and playing Update 8! We have a Livestream on May 29th @ 2 PM EDT (tomorrow), and I plan on bringing up a lot of issues reported so we can come up with solutions and  hear what the Devs have to say!

Namely, this list:

2) Defense Rewards! Better on higher waves!

Hellfires be damned, it’s time to ensure higher waves provide appropriate rewards. Scotty says:  We will definitely review this. We see a lot of Hellfire mods and we see lots of people getting to Wave 50 +. Realistically the higher waves should give different rewards.

3) Update Notes - we want details!

Yes, I think we should put more time into forming this list and adding important details to our players. Allow us to improve as the Updates and Hotfixes roll out.

More to this list will be added post-Livestream, See here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54116-may-28th-community-hot-topics/?p=566251

4) Where are our priorities right now? RNG? Forma? See DE_Steves latest post!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/

lots of potential.

defense seems to be the only thing people do. not sure why they need more reason to do it but whatever the majority wants i suppose.

ill go play in the other 90% of the game.

Edited by MetalGerbil

AWESOME ! Defense fix, viable medium sized clans,
one question : Will the forma cost for building rooms be removed/reduced ?
Edit : As for Fedor's post, I really would like to see #2 ( Sentinel gathering mission ) implemented, because a lot of times i find that i rely on my shade too often and the game just because less challenging/less intense.

Also, keep up the good work ! The only problem I have is with forma now, I went ahead and upgraded to hunter after I saw how you guys responded so quickly and efficiently to my friend's void key problem and I thought, man, the dev/support team do care, so I went ahead and dropped another $30 for the founder's pack , but then came forma's use in dojos and now... I'm not so sure anymore.

Edited by Woonagi

Hows the staff feeling after this session of Hotfixing mayhem?

Will the drop-rate on keys be tweaked at all?

Oh yeah and is there any plans for a token-reward system?

Edited by Mewtiger

Mats arent a problem the actual problem is Forma.

People that complain about Mats are people that dont want to farm for stuff, people who run through missions hardly opening or breaking containers so if you adjusted to be easier on them thats just going to make it extremely easier for folks that do farm by breaking and opening anything. But i guess a resource booster you pay plat for is a good monkey making idea.

1, I hope your not going to limit clans to 50? Im enjoying the clan im in.

2, im lucky if I can find a team that goes past wave ten, cmon tenno who play online you don't really die, try for more.

3, gonna try again for void key drops, still haven't got a key from drops I hope the fix fixed it

I only wish to see 4-10 member clans possible, made of close friends, after all the game is a 4 man co-op squad, encouraging us to build up this squad as a clan is what I feel should be done.

Other than that, and the Forma being used on dojo construction, you guys are just blowing my mind off each day with so much work you have put into this, no other complaints from me :)

• Small vs Large Clans! What is our vision? Steve has put some thought into this and I expect we will talk in detail about it tomorrow. A brief answer is that he isn’t super happy with the current clan size issues, and changes will come. He says: "[Large vs Small Clans] is what we are working on right now. We do not like the current situation. We want to make tight knit clans more viable - around 50 members." Stay tuned to the Livestream to see us discuss this! If 50 seems scary to some, we shall discuss tomorrow as a group on the Livestream. Sit tight!

I would be interested in seeing what the average clan size is (would have been cool to see before/after update 8 due to the advantages of being in a big clan now. stupid hindsight).

I have seen numerous people in the forums saying they have clans of 5 - 20, I am sure I have skewed data though.

if 50 member clans are your target for balance then you will surely lose a HUGE chunk of support from the clans with 15 or less members.

Hell most "tight knit" clans are less than 30 members unless they knew eachother from games where clans of this size could interact with each other at once for raids and the like.

Warframe is a coop 4 player game.  You can't play with more than 4 players at once - you should do well to remember this DE >_> This game needs to show care and acceptance for all player clan sizes.  There have been dozens of topics that have talked about how it is impossible to grow their clans because there is no reason for a new player to join their small clan with nothing when they can join a large clan with everything already.  There is no benefit to the joining the smaller clan of strangers to the player - thus smaller clans will never grow.

You had best tread on these waters carefully...

Signed - someone who loves this game and will be sad if you push me and the people I enjoy playing the game with away towards your "suggested clan sizes"...

Warframe is a coop 4 player game.  You can't play with more than 4 players at once - you should do well to remember this DE >_>

This, as they say.

If 50 seems scary to some, we shall discuss tomorrow as a group on the Livestream.

It's not that 50 is scarry ..

It's that 50 is unwieldy for a 4 player co-op game.

I don't see the problem, except for maybe the forma, we're small and still get stuff build.

What I find more of an issue is that the clan owner can't demote or kick out warlords anymore. It highly annoys me to have someone on that position that now screws up things since dojo is there and I can't kick him or demote.... nor convince to leave....

This, as they say.

It's not that 50 is scarry ..

It's that 50 is unwieldy for a 4 player co-op game.

I don't even have 50 STEAM friends - I have about 30 and I don't even remember/know all of them.

Do you really expect me to interact with 50 people like family?

Hell.  Some people DO play this as a family.  Sons + daughters with their Father + Mothers.

You going to throw the family groups out the window too DE?  >_>

I'm not naysaying and I'm holding my tongue until the livestream.

But REALLY - you should remember a very large portion of your player base is feeling betrayed right now.  Throwing us out or telling us to change the way we have played this game so far because you "think 50 is a fine number for a clan"

You are going to have a very angry group of players on your hands.

What I want to know from the devs is this: now that so much of the game's content is walled behind the clan system, and since even under the most optimistic predictions at least half a dozen to a dozen people will be required to make clan construction and research feasible, are there any plans to protect players who join clans from abuses of power on the part of warlords?

The current system provides all players who are not warlords no rights at all, including no protections against being expelled from clans at any point in time solely at the whim of the warlord. At the same time, the monumental resource, credit and forma costs make joining clans larger than just, e.g., a small group of real-life friends--again, to access the new content only available through the clan system--effectively a requirement.

There has to be a way to make clan management possible for the clan leadership but still protect the vast majority of players from losing all of their resources (sunk costs) and future research benefits (opportunity costs) at the caprice of a single individual.

thanks Rebecca !!

can you please check this thread ??

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40146-help-fix-nyx-that-rhymes-need-devs-to-notice-asap-wow-over-50-rep/

it contains everything we want for Nyx ... please

i dont want to spam the live stream like the previous one ... ( IS NYX GOING TO BE FIXED )

so please check this and talk about it in the Livestream

Edited by o_HiTMaN_o

He says: "[Large vs Small Clans] is what we are working on right now. We do not like the current situation. We want to make tight knit clans more viable - around 50 members." Stay tuned to the Livestream to see us discuss this! If 50 seems scary to some, we shall discuss tomorrow as a group on the Livestream. Sit tight!

I just hope 4-man clans would at least be viable, if tough.