Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nvidia Gpu Usage.

Jangkrik

So this has been going for a while since I first time installed Warframe in my laptop. The strange thing when I'm playing Warframe is that the GPU usage tends to be low like around 25-40%.

While that GPU usage allows me to play with 60 fps, the fps often drops to 20-40 because of heavy particles. This doesn't happen with my other games like The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Titanfall, Crysis 3, etc. since the GPU usage is usually as high as it is needed (high GPU usage when there are heavy particles and low GPU usage in locations like main menu).

Monitor your cpu usage. The game is probably getting bottlenecked by your cpu. This game is highly cpu dependent.

Your reference to 60fps sounds like you have v sync turned on. Turn off V sync to see your gpu usage rise to 90-100% in situations where the game is not bottlenecked by cpu.

For example, on my setup:

i5 3570k

gtx 660

The game runs at 90-100% gpu usage @ 225 fps in the lisete, where there is no npcs or ai characters around. My cpu usage is very low.

In a void mission, the game runs at ~40-50% usage @ 70-140 fps depending on how many enemies are onscreen/abilities are being used. When I check, my cpu usage is at 90-100%.

In conclave, the game runs at about 180 fps all the time, 90-100% gpu usage, low cpu usage.

My cpu is older, but no slouch. Quad core ivy bridge overclocked to 4.2 ghz, yet it bottlenecks the game on all 4 cores.

Edited by Pythadragon

Shouldn't be bottleneck since both CPU and RAM usage are also a bit low. But thanks for the advice regarding, Vsync! Will try that later.

Edit: Turned off Vsync and that uncapped the GPU usage. Thanks for the advice! Any idea why the GPU usage is capped too instead of only the fps?

Edited by Jangkrik

Shouldn't be bottleneck since both CPU and RAM usage are also a bit low. But thanks for the advice regarding, Vsync! Will try that later.

Edit: Turned off Vsync and that uncapped the GPU usage. Thanks for the advice! Any idea why the GPU usage is capped too instead of only the fps?

If you tell the game to not bother rendering beyond 60 fps, the gpu wont bother either, therefore working less with lower gpu usage.

You will of course build up more heat and noise this way.