Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You Satisfied With The Kavasa Prime Kubrows?

Rhekemi

I will ask everyone who has issues with the way the existing Kavasa components were distributed to post in the PSA topic [DE]Danielle created here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/541720-psa-kavasa-gene-masking-kit-accessories-pack-addition/

This topic is for discussion of the execution of the concept, or the implementation of Prime Kubrows as An Actual Thing in Warframe.

Here’s a brief poll - Are You Satisfied with the Kavasa Prime Kubrows?

http://www.strawpoll.me/5696707

(Poll link corrected. Thanks LoopStricken)

EDIT: There is no "No Opinion" or "Indifferent" option in the poll. As I explained on reddit, this is why I didn't include it:

I can see both arguments (for including and excluding "no opinion" on the poll), but most people who have no opinion just won't vote.

The poll as is allows for tracking of only the people who do care about kubrows, and Prime kubrows. There are a lot of players who do not care for kubrows due to the A.I., and high maintenance. A 'no opinion' option wouldn't matter much for them. They already don't like kubrows. I was after those who like kubrows, and looked forward to this. Those who would actually invest time in it. (I like my kubrows, but don't compare or judge them against my sentinels.)

But for the sake of tracking how many people actually don't care about, or are indifferent toward Prime Kubrow features, adding the option would have helped.

The concept of having a Prime Kubrow sounded pretty cool upon the Trinity Access release. The actual execution and implementation of this idea was disappointing.

I thought they would be analogous to Prime Warframes: brand new versions of existing staples, gold armor and coloring, slightly stronger, faster, and overall better.

I can see how DE may have thought about that and decided against it as kubrow owners may be very attached to their current pets, and not want to feel like they’re replacing them, but a set of armor, a collar and a gene masking (color) kit just doesn’t satisfy my idea of a prime version.

If we had a time-machine and DE was taking suggestions on ideas for Prime kubrows (maybe this was discussed and I missed it? It happens), I’d have suggested (and am still suggesting), a Prime Kubrow breeding program that would allow Tenno to re-breed their existing kubrows as Primes. This would grant them innate prime color variations (depending on their type), and guarantee that their original names, type, and gender are retained. I'd imagine they'd also be faster, stronger, and overall better. They'd become the ideal version of whichever kubrow you already own. What gets tricky is retaining whatever the Tenno feels is unique to their old kubrow...

The downside would be that the old kubrow would be consumed in the process. Calm down! They get reincarnated as primes! (A more humane way would be to put them in stasis/shrink them back to their egg, and then use that egg in the prime breeding equipment/genetic template.)

Thoughts, complaints, and compliments on the Kavasa implementation as it stands are welcome. General complaints about kubrow mechanics are best not suited for this thread.

This thread can be found on reddit at this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3od6xa/are_you_satisfied_with_the_kavasa_prime_kubrows/

Edited by Rhekemi

I'm just bummed they don't get any kinda of visual updates, like nothing at all.  Glowing eyes, particle effects would be a welcome addition; I don't really care too much about prime skins considering I have the pattern I already want.

At this point, I'll just wait for them to prime the Kubrow Armor we have in-game, since its gonna be the closest we get to Kubrows that have been enhanced by prime tech.

I'm relieved we got a prime collar instead of prime kubrows. I was dreading having to farm a whole new set of kubrows, rendering my old ones obsolete. Instead, I only have to grind for a single collar that applies to all of my current and future kubrows. Much better.

I just wish there were a better way to preview the gene masking kit, so I'd know how disappointed to feel about the fact that I will never own it.

I'm just bummed they don't get any kinda of visual updates, like nothing at all.  Glowing eyes, particle effects would be a welcome addition; I don't really care too much about prime skins considering I have the pattern I already want.

At this point, I'll just wait for them to prime the Kubrow Armor we have in-game, since its gonna be the closest we get to Kubrows that have been enhanced by prime tech.

Someone said they had glowing blue eyes, so now I'm confused.

I'm relieved we got a prime collar instead of prime kubrows. I was dreading having to farm a whole new set of kubrows, rendering my old ones obsolete. Instead, I only have to grind for a single collar that applies to all of my current and future kubrows. Much better.

I just wish there were a better way to preview the gene masking kit, so I'd know how disappointed to feel about the fact that I will never own it.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

As for the kit, you could ask anyone you know on your friends list or in your clan who bought it to show you.

So, cross-posting to reddit's bumped the numbers. Currently this is how it's looking:

u8aNoas.png

Also from reddit, my reasoning on not adding a "no opinion" option in the poll.

I can see both arguments (for including and excluding "no opinion" on the poll), but most people who have no opinion just won't vote.

The poll as is allows for tracking of only the people who do care about kubrows, and Prime kubrows. There are a lot of players who do not care for kubrows due to the A.I., and high maintenance. A 'no opinion' option wouldn't matter much for them. They already don't like kubrows. I was after those who like kubrows, and looked forward to this. Those who would actually invest time in it. (I like my kubrows, but don't compare or judge them against my sentinels.)

But for the sake of tracking how many people actually don't care about, or are indifferent toward Prime Kubrow features, adding the option would have helped.

Although I purchased the Blessing PA pack, I must say I would have liked to see the collar give a much more significant increase to Kubrow stats.  At first I thought it would be the kind of boost that would make a Kubrow companion resilient enough to follow their Tenno against enemies of level 80 (level considered by DE to be the limit of what they balance around, or so goes my understanding) and remain able enough.

In my opinion, the collar could use another buff to shield and health -- even an increase of 100 to both would not be gamebreakingly strong and would be noticeable enough.

My two cents.

I remember when we had that leaked Sunika Prime Kubrow COdex entry how much were people disappointed of having a new breed of Prime kubrow.

Now we get a collar that can turn everything into a Prime of sorts and that is bad.

I don't know, I'd just give a good look at what the Kubrow collar does and call it a day, because honestly, if we have to add even more RNG to that...

I remember when we had that leaked Sunika Prime Kubrow COdex entry how much were people disappointed of having a new breed of Prime kubrow.

Now we get a collar that can turn everything into a Prime of sorts and that is bad.

I don't know, I'd just give a good look at what the Kubrow collar does and call it a day, because honestly, if we have to add even more RNG to that...

Personally I like the idea of an outside item such as the colour better then an entire new breed since it allows us to keep our current kubrows. The biggest disappointment for me (apart from the stats) is that we never got the visual that normally goes along with primes. (Unless you pay $50 for the kavasa gene kit, but even that looks pretty crap with it's washed out yellow) It would have been cool if the collar allowed us to like change the DNA of our kubrow or some other lore reason and actually make them look prime. Proper gold options, maybe the option to change the size or energy colour of our kubrow, more customization would have been nice.

Edited by Sfger

Never saw that leaked codex entry, btw.

Credit goes to reddit for this album. As you can see from the thumb pic on the Codex, the Kavasa Prime gene masking kit we have was supposed to be the Prime pattern. Anyways:

http://imgur.com/a/lvf4a

Personally I like the idea of an outside item such as the colour better then an entire new breed since it allows us to keep our current kubrows. The biggest disappointment for me (apart from the stats) is that we never got the visual that normally goes along with primes. (Unless you pay $50 for the kavasa gene kit, but even that looks pretty crap with it's washed out yellow) It would have been cool if the collar allowed us to like change the DNA of our kubrow or some other lore reason and actually make them look prime. Proper gold options, maybe the option to change the size or energy colour of our kubrow, more customization would have been nice.

I keep saying that the gene masking kit should have been available when claiming the collar from the foundry. But now it's done (and thankfully they made the right call and added it to the Accessories). I just hope they add another Prime pattern even if it via Void trader and is available to everyone.

Edited by NightmareT12

Disclaimer: I haven't farmed the collar yet - but I voted no all the same.

I was against the notion of having to jettison my faithful pups in favour of a prime upgrade when the Sunika leaked in the codex.

While the collar is - mechanically - an improvement over what DE had originally planned (no way to confirm but I'd bet money they were prepared to prime all the breeds) - it's not worth the farming from what I can see.

Statistically - it's an irrelevant item. 100 Armor is irrelevant to maxed Link mod paired with a high Armor Warframe. For squishier frames I can see it having some use but honestly - this isn't a Prime item worth farming - let alone paying for.

I like the Kavasa collar for 2 reasons:

1) I don't have to send to perma stasis (or for the heartless souless tenno, get rid of) my kubrow because there is no replacement, I can just buff him with a new shiny collar.

2) This opens up many posibilities, we could have now more collars added focused on different stats, either as prime or trough syndicates as another thread suggested.

I like the idea of the collar, however:

The stats are still underwhelming. should be percentage health and shields increase and maybe one offensive stat.

needs to add something visually to the kubrow. the kavasa skin gives our puppies some orokin blue toenails, so why shouldn't the collar grant them shiny blue eyes or metallic fur?

when i originally saw that we might get primed kubrows, i thought i would work out like this:

Farm 1 collar, 2 prime gene templates and one prime egg, use all of those in your genetic foundry and poof, golden puppy.

KK D Fence time,

It's well known i S#&$ on DE and their Hopes, dreams, accomplishments, private lives, political leanings, and religions but outside of the crappy collar buff i'm happy with kavasa. I don't know where you all got the idea of prime kubrows from, other than some leaks maybe. I payed for gold armor for my dog, one day i will find the lucky basterd gifted a jet red omega sunika with a gold lotus symbol and apply all the armor to him, but today is not that day.

I'm meh as far as the whole bundle, trin is crap and they should have focused on making rhino better but $140 to keep the lights on and a kubrow that matches my rhino and free hand scyhtes, im happy.

anyone not happy was being unrealistic with DE's history of unda preforming.