Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Qol

Kolos1001

A brief illustration.

_    __     | |  / /     | | / /_____ | | \ \_____|| |  \_\     |_|          

Well golly gee, Batman, looks like that arrow isn't going to go through that object since it's solid.  Something with piercing power, say, "punch through," could, though.

Food for thought.

Doesn't melee have innate punch through? The only one with a mod for it is glaive because it has a ranged attack. 

If you're playing melee only, you simply have to accept that there are going to be enemies that are unnecessarily hard for you to kill since you're basically gimping yourself. Until a punchthrough mod is created for melee weapons (aside from Kestrel, Halikar, Glaive, etc.) you might want to find effective strategies to get behind or above these types of enemies.

Personally, I've found that slide attacks often kill Shield Lancers effectively. Now that Parkour/Movement 2.0 has been introduced, you can jump above the enemy, guard to glide, and aim a slam attack directly onto them that will usually down if not kill them as well.

Doesn't melee have innate punch through?

It does not, as far as I'm aware. 

It does have the capability of passing through certain solid objects like walls, doors, etc. But that is because those surfaces do not have the same damage nulling physics that riot shields do.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

If you're playing melee only, you simply have to accept that there are going to be enemies that are unnecessarily hard for you to kill since you're basically gimping yourself. Until a punchthrough mod is created for melee weapons (aside from Kestrel, Halikar, Glaive, etc.) you might want to find effective strategies to get behind or above these types of enemies.

Personally, I've found that slide attacks often kill Shield Lancers effectively. Now that Parkour/Movement 2.0 has been introduced, you can jump above the enemy, guard to glide, and aim a slam attack directly onto them that will usually down if not kill them as well.

It does not, as far as I'm aware. 

It does have the capability of passing through certain solid objects like walls, doors, etc. But that is because those surfaces do not have the same damage nulling physics that riot shields do.

I know it's just a pain which is why it would be a QoL update. It's not like it's a big deal or anything would just be nice.