Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Railtron

Sierra62

So I was thinking about being able to have a large railgun, but for warframes, as primary weapon. Kinda like a smaller version of velocitus. So I came up with this ..badly drawn thing. I'm not proud of my drawing skils, however, please take a look at my idea.

aW58gt7.jpg

please, not another Velocitus. Yes to the railgun, no to the smaller Velocitus. DE will give it Magnetic damage, despite the fact railguns shoot SOLID slugs, not magnetic charges.

Well i was thinking about that as well, I suggested like high impact-puncture and no/little slash. That's how i solid slug would work imo.

Opticor doesn't really have the punch of what OP was probably going for though, like a really metallic bang and sending dudes flying/blow a massive hole. Opticor sounds like a squirt gun going "chuueee~".

That would be cool, sending mobs flying and punching holes. It's doable I guess, since it fires solid rounds.

Since opticor "outcome" is something like this:

3BFxxxO.jpg

Then with railtron it could go one step further and punch an actual hole. :3

Edited by Sierra62

please, not another Velocitus. Yes to the railgun, no to the smaller Velocitus. DE will give it Magnetic damage, despite the fact railguns shoot SOLID slugs, not magnetic charges.

Actually, if the Velocitus is a rail-gun, then the only thing it could shoot would be magnetized plasma, and not a solid slug, just based upon its design.

A rail-gun is defined as an electromagnetic projectile launcher, that functions by charging a set of electromagnetic rails and driving an armature along those rails. Once the armature reaches the end, it stops, and whatever projectile was attached to the armature is released. Afterward, the armature is reset.

For reference, imagine a train travelling on a track. Once the train reaches the end of the track, it suddenly separates from the wheels, retaining its velocity, while its wheels stop and then return to their resting point at the start of the track..

If the Velocitus truly is a rail-gun, then both the projectile and the armature are one and the same, thus why it fires a magnetic plasma bolt instead of a slug. This means that the Velocitus may be the only magnetic-dealing rail-gun weapon we get, and that others may be geared toward different damage types.

In other words, rail-guns don't exclusively fire slugs; they can fire anything as long as the projectile is magnetic itself or as long as the projectile can fit the armature.

Edited by Krion112

So after studying railguns a bit, i concluded to what Krion112 wrote ..thanks btw. So this gun, should it be created, based on that theory will deal impact-puncture + any mod induced element, without any magnetic "interfierence".

P.S. Trying to make some better images ..not going too well so far :3