Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Problem That Prevents The Player From Promotion At Rank 3 Of Any Syndicate

Samedi-N7

Hello,

There's a problem with Syndicates I hope you can help me solve.

When Syndicates Update came out, i joined Red Veil (RV) syndicate and purchased everything it had (back in those days). However, then i decided to leave it and side with another Syndicate that was an enemy to RV.

More new things and Syndicate updates came out, for example, now your promotion in syndicate allows you to get a free reward from it or recent update with Primary weapons. So, i re-joined RV again - and there's a major problem with that, you can even say it's a game breaking bug. 

When developers decided to make Syndicate HP, Energy, Shields, Ammo Restores unsellable (now you can buy it, but can't sell it at all), they accidentally created a bug which will lock you from rank progression in syndicates if you re-join them.

Here's my problem:

Promotion to Rank 3 requires to take a reward ("You must choose a reward before exiting") and it's unavoidable, 'cause all it offers are Sigils and Restore BP:

1) You can't sell Syndicate's sigil, none of them;

2) You can't sell Syndicate's Restore

So i'm in an awkward situation right now -- i can't be promoted to 3rd rank, 'cause i can't even take a reward i've already bought before, and i have no choice like "continue w/o taking it".

Could you help me, please, to be promoted at rank 3 w/o taking reward? Or is it possible to remove Restore BP or Ruin Sigil from my inventory, so i could take it as a reward again? Support no help this.

Thanks in advance.

That's odd... I thought Syndicates weren't supposed to offer the free reward on rankup to those who have held that rank before. It's supposed to be a one-time thing.

I've even tested it, by lowering my standing by one rank, then raising it back. I was not required to make the sacrifice a second time, nor was I offered a rankup gift. This sounds like a bug to me, but I have no solution to offer.

That's odd... I thought Syndicates weren't supposed to offer the free reward on rankup to those who have held that rank before. It's supposed to be a one-time thing.

I've even tested it, by lowering my standing by one rank, then raising it back. I was not required to make the sacrifice a second time, nor was I offered a rankup gift. This sounds like a bug to me, but I have no solution to offer.

/\  This.. You shouldn't be asked to receive a reward when RE-Ranking a syndicate, so I'm a bit confused as to exactly what is happening here.

Can you clarify with some pics or re- iterate perhaps, Croacker3012?

Ah the consequences or penalties of indecisiveness and betrayal for convenience, let this be a lesson to all of us... If one would just stay loyal to one this would have never been brought up.

Joking aside this is an interesting bug, that inspires an even more interesting Idea for a penalty does who keep switching sides or even a nice reward for does players who stay put and loyal to their chosen syndicate. 

I'm sure DE will take a look at it soon...

Edited by 0zryel

Ah the consequences or penalties of indecisiveness and betrayal for convenience, let this be a lesson to all of us... If one would just stay loyal to one this would have never been brought up.

Joking aside this is an interesting bug, that inspires an even more interesting Idea for a penalty does who keep switching sides or even a nice reward for does players who stay put and loyal to their chosen syndicate. 

I'm sure DE will take a look at it soon...

Factionalization is always cool. :)

I am up Red Vail before the rank rewards appear. So now - game it thinks i never rank up that synd before.

/\  This.. You shouldn't be asked to receive a reward when RE-Ranking a syndicate, so I'm a bit confused as to exactly what is happening here.

Can you clarify with some pics or re- iterate perhaps, Croacker3012?

BBsbfGh.jpg
3YUOd4A.jpg
KRA15wS.jpg
528O30a.jpg
PM9yB3s.jpg
Edited by croacker3012

Thank you very much for these pics!!!  :-)  

Ty for reporting this Croacker3012!

I'm not sure how exactly this happened... or why it's wanting you to pick another reward.. but..  passing this info along best I can!  

=====

EDIT:

1 more question Croacker3012, how high (Rank wise) did you get in Red Veil before you started dropping rank with them?  

Also, how low were you with them when you started to rank them back up?  Were you all the way at -44,000 at any point?  or in the "negative" at all?

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Edited Grammar a bit for clarity

Maybe it's related to the fact that he joined, purchased all the stuff and left RV before devs added those free rewards for Synd. promotions?

In other words, there weren't promotion rewards when he supported Red Veil, so it was like: earned Standing, promoted to the next rank, made a sacrifice, earned more Standing for RV's stuff, purchased what they offered -- and then he left it. And the thing is, he wasn't demoted and promoted back, so he didn't make additional sacrifices.

Then we've got an update with promotion rewards and, later, U16.0:

«Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one. Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers».

Now he joined Red Veil again. BUT: since he left RV before these changes and joined it after them, i guess it just doesn't register his old Syndicate information? According to the facts that he have to take a free reward and he makes sacrifices for promotion, it definitely looks so. But it's just my thoughts, i don't know how it works :Y

Edited by Thundervision