Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minerva - Reconnaissance Themed Frame (11/10 - Stats)

orglow

Theme: Reconnaissance
Name: Minerva
Armor: 65
Health: 100
Shields: 150

Sprint Speed 1.2

Stats are subject to change depending on feedback

Lore(Wip)

In the midst of our struggle against the unending waves of the machines we created turning against us, we created the Tenno to fight using the way of gun and blade; the Tenno proved to be an effective way of combating the new threat, but still we were forced back against the ever-adapting machines, unable to predict neither their attacks nor their mannerisms. In our desperation we forged a new weapon, a warrior, a strategist. With the gifts to determine the machine’s weaknesses, and predict their actions much faster than we ever could, finally giving us a chance to go on the offensive. 

Appearance: (if anyone wants to do something feel free)
appearance Credit to Aliuas

Helmet
X8bpuFr.jpg?1%C2%A0
Original Body
npH5Zw8.jpg?1%C2%A0

New Body

qWx4JAf.jpg

All Powers and names are subject to change.
Passive: anything scanned by powers/Helios/codex/synthesis scanners will be marked on your map.
Powers:
1 - (Ping) - (pings a radar scan off of all tenno revealing enemy positions and direction on the radar and through walls for X seconds, as well as providing an increasing crit chance on affected enemies)

Note for players saying this is a Sonar copy

-This ability is NOT long range, it only pings a small range off of all players in the game
-This ability does NOT require pinpoint shooting of glowing spots
-This ability does NOT boost crit damage, only the chance that you will score a critical hit. No 600000 damage hits from this one

similarly to how Mesa&Banshee second works this will be almost like a short range sonar that visually pings multiple times off of every Tenno in the match, no matter where they are.

upon initially being scanned you will have a +5% crit chance on that enemy, with +2% crit chance being added per 1 second as the power stays active on that enemy, capping at 100%
players would only be able to see the silhouette of enemies through walls that are in their range

2 - (Foxhole) - (Summons a rectangular area around (name) with X range, providing increased accuracy and at least a 15% chance for bullets to miss players while standing inside of it)

The rectangle would be similar to Oberon's hallowed ground, except the center of the rectangle would be on (name)

visually it would appear to be faint glowing lines similar to bastille, except closer together, players standing inside of it would very faintly glow the caster's energy color
more str would increase the chance for bullets to not hit you, but would have a reasonable cap so as to prevent it from being OP

3 - (Survey) - (summons 1/2/3/4 drones that fly around the map and scan groups of enemies, costing X energy per second, each time an enemy is scanned all allies do +10 damage to it maxed as well as mark them on the map. Whenever the power ends all drones will suicide bomb the nearest target)

Drones are rarely targeted by enemies, only when no other possible targets are in sight and have X shields and X health
The drones take a good 2s to scan each group of enemies, and will only scan groups of 4 or more enemies that are within a 10m radius of each other

The drones must wait at least 5s before scanning a group again, and the drone will not be able to scan another group within 10m of its previous group, as well as drones are not able to scan enemies part of a group that is currently being scanned, so as to prevent the drones sitting in one spot and overlapping on the same group constantly

The drones will never go further than 75m away from (frame name)

If a drone is killed while the power is active it will simply explode, dealing damage to anything that happens to be close enough, the suicide dive bomb, which would work similarly than Oxium Ospreys dive bomb, would only happen when the power ends.

4 - (Covert Ops) - (Causes all enemies lose interest and revert to their un-alerted state, while simultaneously cloaking you and allies in range for X seconds

Cost would increase based on amount of allies cloaked (only other players, doesn’t count your army of specters) so for example, just yourself would be 25, 2 people 50, 3 people 75, and so on (note those numbers are purely for examples sake)

The only part of this affected by range is how close allies have to be to you to be cloaked, the un-alert is global (we all know this isn't really OP, since as soon as one of them sees you they all see you)

While enemies are still un-alerted one of them will run to a terminal and lift any current alerts/lockdowns

In endless missions such as defense, excav, survival the enemies will pursue the objective (such as shoot the cryopod) until one of you is seen again

Weapons

Janus - Sniper Rifle/ Burst rifle

appearance

An angular design with a telescoping barrel that extends or contracts depending on fire mode, a bipod that transforms to a forward grip in burst mode. The scope disassembles and folds into the top of the gun, or reassembles and folds up out of the top of the gun. It also features skeleton stock in both forms.

Named after the Roman two-faced god, Janus is a multi-purpose rifle ready for any situation, capable of taking down long range targets, and engaging the enemy when in close quarters. Featuring a morphing function that allows the gun to be toggled between a high powered rifle and an accurate burst fire rifle using the Alt fire key

-Starts as a high powered, long range sniper rifle
- Total ammo capacity, reload speed, and holster speed would remain constant between the two forms
-The time needed to switch between forms would be comparable to that of casting a 1 handed power (fireball, freeze)
-Sniper shots cost 1 ammo, Rifle shots cost 4, Rifle Mag capacity 24, Sniper Mag Capacity 10 
- The gun features two separate ammo pools for the different ammo types  
- burst mode would have damage fall off comparable to a shotgun to encourage actual use of the shift mechanic

Stats

Trigger type: Semi Auto/Burst
Fire Rate: 1bps/5bps
Shot Count: 1 / 4
Mag Size: 6/24
Reload Time: 1.5s
Phys Dmg: High Punct/Med Impact
Crit Chance: 20%/5%
Crit Mult: 2/1.5

Numbers have been intentionally left off of damages because people tend to get salty when a weapon has numbers they don’t agree with. Also all numbers are subject to change based on feedback.

Special Thanks

LilLemay - For helping me refine and fully conceptualize the idea, and fighting people for me on the forums.
My army of Specters - For cheering me on the entire way
Aliuas - for providing artwork

Edited by orglow

Well, I thought I would find it silly, but actually this would be quite interesting. I shall award a +1.

Only one problem with the 4th ability: it is potentially completely pointless, or even counterproductive, in several mission types: in survival you want enemies to run towards you, in defense you want to kill all of them as fast as possible, and potentially in Interceptions... I don't even know.

Know it when, in a big Defense tileset, an enemy is stuck in a door and you have to go and chase it? Imagine that happening every single time you use this 4th ability.

Well, I thought I would find it silly, but actually this would be quite interesting. I shall award a +1.

Only one problem with the 4th ability: it is potentially completely pointless, or even counterproductive, in several mission types: in survival you want enemies to run towards you, in defense you want to kill all of them as fast as possible, and potentially in Interceptions... I don't even know.

Know it when, in a big Defense tileset, an enemy is stuck in a door and you have to go and chase it? Imagine that happening every single time you use this 4th ability.

I was thinking it would help sever as a kind of breather. We have all had those times were we are overwhelmed  with enemies and just need to stop for a second and get our bearings straightened out.

-snip-

I don't have an answer to survival, that's a fair point, but as far as defense/excav/intercept goes I guess it would make sense that they would still pursue objectives. 

Edit: talked to Orglow, he said he'd change it so that in missions where the enemy have an objective other than "kill the tenno" they'd still pursue the objective. Think of it like having a 4 man Loki team, and you all hit invisibility at once in that situation, but on exterminate and survival they would lose interest for a brief breather period

Edited by LilLemay

Intresting idea. 1 power is pretty much an exact copy of Banshee's 2nd one. 

I guess, but there's no shooting specific shots, it's just a flat buff to crit chance. And it's not like it'd be the only two powers similar to each other :p that is allowed. 

Also sonar is you press once and it marks them all, this is duration based so it'd keep them marked longer (unless you got ridiculous duration on your banshee)

I don't have an answer to survival, that's a fair point, but as far as defense/excav/intercept goes I guess it would make sense that they would still pursue objectives. 

edited to mention the pursuit of objectives if the tenno are unseen

It's a decent theme, but I would suggest finding ways to set her abilities apart from Banshee's sonar. There are ways.

I ran into a similar issue when working up abilities for Neuron (and then reworking them with Krion112's help). What we finally arrived at made me really happy he wasn't okay with my original proposition/that I wasn't happy with his. (Still working out the exact numbers, otherwise I'd have updated the topic by now.)

While it is unfair to simply call every ability a clone or similar to an existing ability (because there will always be room for overlap between themes),  try to push past what you think is possible and make it unique. 

Last, an ultimate that does no damage will not seem like much of an ultimate to players. Any way you can give this more of a damage utility?

Keep working on this. It's a nice start, but is far from finished.

Edited by Rhekemi

--snip--

thank you for the feedback this frame is a work in progress so I appreciate all feedback I can get on it

the only power with over lap is the first one and I believe it has significant differences with sonar to be a distinct power.

I tried to avoid directly damaging because if you are running a reconnaissance mission it is typically a better idea to retreat with information than to fight and risk loss of said information.

Edited by orglow

Sorry this isn't quoted, my computer is being weird and I don't feel like fighting it today.

@Rhekemi, Loki's ult doesn't particularly do damage (I understand it does some sort of flat damage but to say that it can really be used to kill is a bit ridiculous) and he's regarded as one of the best frames in the game. The ult doesn't have to do damage to be particularly useful

Maybe a better #4 would be a mass debuff/knockdown move that centers around where the crosshairs point so it has more range?

@gnashermaster97

Because whenever Orglow thought of this, and then brought it to me for advice we both decided that a "forget me now" stealth ability much better fit the theme than another stun/debuff.

Thank you for the feedback though :p

again sorry for not quoting, my computer is fighting me

Edited by LilLemay

LilLemay, it is a bit ridiculous to say that, which is why I didn't say it.

Last, an ultimate that does no damage will not seem like much of an ultimate to players. Any way you can give this more of a damage utility?

The first is a statement of fact even with Loki's existence. The second is a question: any way it can have a damage utility? (Which isn't a statement "give it a damage utility")

@Rhekemi

Never said you did say it :p

And I see what you mean, but I don't really see a way to fit damage into it logically without completely changing the power. and honestly I think being able to turn your entire team invisible for a cost, and companions for free, is pretty ultimate. That gives your entire team Loki's survivability through being cloaked and allows frame diversity. I think the incredible utility of it outweighs the need for a damage.

I'm all for more utility based frames and her kit does sound really interesting, but her 4 sounds like it could be a bit iffy in some endless missions.

Anyway, if (foxhole+ tainted shell+ Tigris= Tigris loaded with slugs), then sign me up.

@Rhekemi

Never said you did say it :p

And I see what you mean, but I don't really see a way to fit damage into it logically without completely changing the power. and honestly I think being able to turn your entire team invisible for a cost, and companions for free, is pretty ultimate. That gives your entire team Loki's survivability through being cloaked and allows frame diversity. I think the incredible utility of it outweighs the need for a damage.

Upvoted the concept when I made my first post: I agree on team-stealth support and used it in Neuron's concept as well. Reliance on Loki to go get the job done (and sit on your hands), or on a kubrow or sentinel for cloaking, sometimes just doesn't cut it.

Overall, I like the concept. I still think there is something extra, a special utility, you can add to her #4. If it comes to me, I'll suggest it.

As for a name, thematically, what do you have?

Reconnaissance: intelligence gathering, especially on an enemy.

Using intelligence or insight as a base for translation, I think these are neat:

Uvid (Bosinian). (Means: inspection, access, insight. We could take that to mean access to and insight about enemy information.)

Nzeru (Chichewa) (Means: wisdom, knowledge, intelligence, intellect, aptitude, capability. Again, this could be intelligence about enemy information.)
Edited by Rhekemi