Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Developer Workshop: Saryn Ability Rework

[DE]Rebecca

Developer Workshop: Saryn Ability Rework

Tenno - if you're interested in a comprehensive look at the upcoming Saryn Rework, read on! To see part of the Rework in action, click here: https://youtu.be/t2EAA26nKx4?t=39m34s

There are a lot of modding quirks with Saryn - the quick deadliness of her 'Miasma' depends on negative duration mods, which ultimately makes it tricky to get the best use out of the rest of her Abilities.

Many of us here at DE felt more synergy was needed between powers, and we wanted to put a particular emphasis on spreading disease/toxicity with her kit. As always, this is subject to change, but take a look at what we have so far:

Venom

• Guaranteed Viral proc on explosion of spores.
  • If current host has a toxin Proc (i.e from Contagion or any other source), it will transfer that proc too.
  • Damage ticks will be done every second, duration will affect how long the debuff is up.
  • Increase base damage of the ability.

Molt

• Venom can be cast on Molt, infects units which attack Molt.
  • Miasma cast in range of Molt will feed into Molt, creating more damage on explosion.

Contagion

• Guaranteed Toxin proc on melee hit.
  • Detonates a Venom spore if the target has one.
  • Damage output scales based on a percent of total damage of melee weapon with Mods, not base.

Miasma

• Damage ticks will be done every second, Duration will affect how long the debuff is up.
  • 100% more damage if target is affected by a Viral proc (Venom guarantees a Viral proc when exploded).
  • 100% more damage if target is affected by a Toxin proc (Contagion guarantees a Toxin proc on impact).
  • Increase base damage overall.

The goal with this set of changes it to have a very active (and lethal) skill set. The combinations between Venom, Molt, Contagion, and Miasma can lead to very quick and strategic deaths. The usage of Viral procs will be key at high-level gameplay, and active usage of Venom will guarantee those procs.  

Worth noting - we are aiming to release these changes in a couple of weeks on PC. Stay tuned, Saryn lovers!

As an aside - if you're like me and you've built your Saryn for as much Negative Duration as possible, we'll put together another quick video of the changes in action on various builds to get a sense of the affect on gameplay. Will try and put something together by end-of-week or so (maybe early next week).

First? do i win now?

Damn you Issun135 XD

I like the sound of it.

So we need to go Contagion, Molt, Venom the Molt, then miasma, and BOOM, everything dies, due to the 300%+ damage miasma, that now has MORE damage.

I'm intrigued to find out how Negative duration will affect Saryn. I hope it'll still allow use of this synergy of abilities, perhaps working more for just pure damage, and less for utility procs (so both are feasable at high level)

Edited by Stormandreas

umm..so basically this frame will be similar to Excalibur's type correct?

Exalted blade-combines all powers

Molt-combines all powers..

I hope she becomes more of a consistent dmg frame....not a frame that does a huge damage in one burst...but then again...that's ember....wait...idk what i am saying anymore.

Edited by Magnulast

Also if you're like me and you've built your Saryn for Negative Duration to the maximum, I'll be trying some different builds/same builds on the Test environment like I did on the Devstream. I should have them up for viewing early next week if you're eager to take a look before you get your hands on the changes! If you have build requests, quote this with a screenshot of the build. I will accommodate what I can.

Eh, Venom's problem is how gimmicky it is, having to pop 'loons on enemies, why not just have it on kill like a much smaller scale MPrime.

Contagion isn't used often because of it effecting only melee. Another thing of note is that there are only two options to gain health with her, lifestrike or regen molt. With gauranteed proc and lifestrike, ticks MAY (not fully sure) eat up all her energy.

Step in the right direction but really shouldn't focus on melee so much.

Edited by TheLocalHentai

Seems promising. 

Also, to clarify, Miasma is stated to do 100% more for a Viral or Toxin Proc. Is this 'if inflicted' or is this so long as at least one of these in effect? Cause in theory that's potentially 200% damage if you're throwing out the above together. As I enjoy using Saryn for...well...making things suffer (I like DoT...) this could get an amusing kind of silly. Safe to assume it's not going to be Per Proc on the Toxin front, what with Toxin stacking?

And, with regards to the change to Contagion, so it scales with the state of your modded melee, will this also have an effect on the Contagion Cloud Augment? IE: Does Contagion Cloud draw from this damage model or is it going to remain somewhat...underwhelming?

Apologies for perhaps going on, main things that stick out to me at present.

Seems promising. 

Also, to clarify, Miasma is stated to do 100% more for a Viral or Toxin Proc. Is this 'if inflicted' or is this so long as at least one of these in effect? Cause in theory that's potentially 200% damage if you're throwing out the above together. As I enjoy using Saryn for...well...making things suffer (I like DoT...) this could get an amusing kind of silly. Safe to assume it's not going to be Per Proc on the Toxin front, what with Toxin stacking?

And, with regards to the change to Contagion, so it scales with the state of your modded melee, will this also have an effect on the Contagion Cloud Augment? IE: Does Contagion Cloud draw from this damage model or is it going to remain somewhat...underwhelming?

Apologies for perhaps going on, main things that stick out to me at present.

It'll probably just check if there's any kind of toxin proc on an enemy, and if so, +100% damage. No bonuses for each stack of toxin procs, only get credit for one.

Looks promising...

We need a lot more Developer workshops! It's what the Design Council is for : we've been chosen thanks to our previous feedback.

Why don't you use this for your before-release stuff more?!!

That'll save you the time going again,fixing things the community didn't like! That'll save you the time spent trying to understand if the community needs/wants it.That'll save you the time spent predicting what the possible flaws in a wide audience your new things would have...

We currently just vote for names,augments & contest winners... Not much of an involvement if you ask me.

Why don't you make DC threads like "Hey what do you think we can do to improve Dark Sectors?", "Hey what do you think we can do to improve Stealth?" "Hey how can we make you feel like playing Archwing more often?", "What should endgame be for our community?", "How can we destroy the Warfarm reputation?", etc...

Edited by unknow99