Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overall Slowness In-Game

Tunaskid95

I'm not really a computer person, so I'll try my best to explain my problem.

For a few weeks now, the game has been reacting slowly to mouse movements. It takes the camera maybe half a second to move after I move the mouse, and when it does, it moves very slowly. It isn't just a camera/cursor problem though. The loading/auto-save icon moves slowly as well, and when I enter my password to log in to the game, the keystrokes show up on screen about half a second to a whole second after I press the keys. This was not occurring in the beginning, only a few weeks ago. I really love this game, but this has made it unplayable. Please advise.
Edited by Tunaskid95

I've tried that before, and I took it to one of my computer savy friends, he wasn't sure about it either. But I have tried that. I've also tried verifying and optimizing my cache, which again did nothing. 

Edited by Tunaskid95

• 2 weeks later...

So after getting over my fear of messing up the game beyond all repair, I started messing with some of the settings in the launcher, and after disabling 64-bit mode, I seemed to have solved half the problem. There is still a delay between the time I move the mouse and when the cursor/camera moves, and the same delay is still present in keystrokes and movement controls, but when the camera/cursor does move, it moves at he proper speed. Any thoughts/advise on how to get rid of the delay would be very helpful!  

Edited by Tunaskid95

So after getting over my fear of messing up the game beyond all repair, I started messing with some of the settings in the launcher, and after disabling 64-bit mode, I seemed to have solved half the problem. There is still a delay between the time I move the mouse and when the cursor/camera moves, and the same delay is still present in keystrokes and movement controls, but when the camera/cursor does move, it moves at he proper speed. Any thoughts/advise on how to get rid of the delay would be very helpful!  

Could you post the specs of your system? What's the framerate you are running at?

Reboot your system and make sure only warframe is running.

Are you using MSI afterburner, Fraps or other overlays?

Processor- Intel core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

Installed RAM- 16GB

System Type- 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Frame rate is at 60. Don't know what overlays are, so I don't think I'm using any, not if I have to install them myself. How do I reboot with Warframe running? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue as well with my laptop, the lag I'm receiving is with mouse movement as well but for me at a certain point, It freezes completely and takes a very long time to load. 

My laptop specs:

processor - Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @2.00GHz

Installed RAM - 6GB

System Type - 64-bit operating system

frame rate - 60Hz

Instead of verifying the game cashes from the launcher itself, I decided to do it from the Steam library. It said that 61 files needed to be "re-aquired" and started downloading stuff, however there is no change in performance. I have tried doing it again, and am currently on the 3rd try. It still says 61 files need to be re-aquired. Something that keeps happening is when I go to verify I get a prompt from my computer asking if I want to allow steam to make changes to the hard drive (I always select 'yes' when it comes to this prompt). After the download is finished I open Warframe and I get another prompt asking if I want to allow Warframe to make changes to the hard drive. Could they be cancelling each other out?   

Instead of verifying the game cashes from the launcher itself, I decided to do it from the Steam library. It said that 61 files needed to be "re-aquired" and started downloading stuff, however there is no change in performance. I have tried doing it again, and am currently on the 3rd try. It still says 61 files need to be re-aquired. Something that keeps happening is when I go to verify I get a prompt from my computer asking if I want to allow steam to make changes to the hard drive (I always select 'yes' when it comes to this prompt). After the download is finished I open Warframe and I get another prompt asking if I want to allow Warframe to make changes to the hard drive. Could they be cancelling each other out?   

There should be a PSA for this matter;

Verifying files through Steam will absolutely reset your game files only to last major version, promptng the game to re-download all the files again from Steam's server because of mismatched file checking (since Steam only hosts the last major version, while the minor updates are distributed through DE's own CDN server).

Always, and always only verify your game files through Warframe's Game Launcher.