Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability "runes" For Warframe Spells

HipsterSal

This idea came to me when i was thinking about diablo 3 skills, and how they have skill "runes" that add different functions to each of the main abilities.

Would you want to see your mods with added functionality?

For example Vaubans tesla spell, When you max that ability with fusions you can choose from a variety of added functionality like instead of using 1 tesla every 3 seconds you can drop 3 teslas every 5 seconds. Or if you want Area of effect you can make it so tesla explodes on contact dealing damage to all enemies but removing the shock effect every couple seconds with a reduced energy cost for losing the over time damage.

Thoughts??!?

I don't think this would work well with abilities, "variations" of abilities don't strike me as an interesting feature. I like the simple "press this to do this" function behind the abilities right now. The abilities aren't really tailored to have this "variations", not all of them at least. Plus your example totally changes the way a mod works, explosive damage instead of shock, no bueno, but that's just my opinion, ofc.

personaly, anythign Diablo, Does not fit this game. same goes for Necro. :/ diablo is rather bad game to implement things from to this game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-Keeping it civilised -as "nice" as i can be on subject.

Edited by Mabswer