Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Review Prime Weapons Which Are Very Weak

aerosoul1337

OK, Boltor Prime is simply the most improved case form its normal version.

A "beginner weapon -> top tier" upgrade.

But, there are tons of crap (or lackluster, not worth multi-forma.)

For me...

Bronco Prime

Akbronco Prime
Sicarus Prime

Should I list Vectis Prime? It's not crap but...it's (arguably) considered weaker than Vectis.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Akbronco Prime and Sicarus Prime are great weapons. Not sure what you are basing this off of anyways. I have taken both of those weapons fairly far into T4 with success.

A prime weapon that really needs some work is Reaper Prime, and Fang Prime would probably love some tweaks.

Edited by TheStag

while its probably not the best with weps like the tonkor tigris or whatever your using THERES NO DOUBT its still really good [Top Tier]

Good in what way past level 60 armor starts to overwhelm puncture weapons that's when all the element damage,status and slash damage matters most.

While soma is a noob weapon to pick up it's still way better then boltor at real end game

I place boltor prime high mid weapon.

Good in what way past level 60 armor starts to overwhelm puncture weapons that's when all the element damage,status and slash damage matters most.

While soma is a noob weapon to pick up it's still way better then boltor at real end game

High damage, simple usage, decent damage per round (i.e. Decent ammo efficency).

Also, seriously, almost everyone intending to run past 60 using guns will pack a corrosive projection.

Bolter Prime falls under high because there's a dizzying number of weapons in the game. Lots of direct damage weapons that are better than it, few are as point and click as it though. It's like a more sprayin' version of the latron prime. 

Indeed, the Soma, Boltor and Latron prime are all very evenly matched against each other.

That being said, our two resident burst primes (Sicarus, Burston) need a bit of tweaking, and Vasto Prime could do with a little adjusting (Stack the impact and puncture all onto slash instead, giving it just slash damage/proc would be cool, but unlikely).

Bump lato prime up to not-trash, give us a prisma with same stats.

Reaper Prime

Sicarus Prime (arguable, because I hear it's much better after the burst-fire-rate fix)

Glaive Prime (Cerata is a clear upgrade)

Ankyros Prime (Tekko is a clear upgrade)

Lato Prime

Skana Prime

Fang Prime

Reaper is a solid melee weapon.

Sicarus does fine damage

Glaive prime is the best thrown weapon (certa is "better" if you don't throw it and just melee peeps to death-if you got an hour to kill)

Ankyros is an awesome weapon and with the new Gaia's tragedy stance it decimates groups.

Lato prime is exclusive, not meant to be top tier.

same goes for the skana prime

The only one i agree with is the fang prime. It really does need some kind of buff. Ideally the ability to use Covert lethality on dual daggers would do the trick.

The main thing is that prime weapons are simply meant to be upgrades from the originals, being prime isn't a guarenteed "Top Tier" spot. It simply is an improvement on the original (lesser) non orokin tech.

Edited by TennoMordant

akbronco P 100% status is pretty damn funny.  firerate with just lethal torrent is so fast that the animation doesnt even show you shooting left right left right haha.

i do think weapon functionality and feel is one of the more important features that could be tweaked on weapons ( possibly with or instead of straight stat buffs)

alot of people dont like the spread on akbroncos tho

BUFF DAIKYU

Edited by hukurokuju5

• 2 weeks later...

akbronco P 100% status is pretty damn funny.  firerate with just lethal torrent is so fast that the animation doesnt even show you shooting left right left right haha.

i do think weapon functionality and feel is one of the more important features that could be tweaked on weapons ( possibly with or instead of straight stat buffs)

alot of people dont like the spread on akbroncos tho

BUFF DAIKYU

Bronco series has small magazine and slow reload that kills it (imho).

I do want a better Vasto Prime, it's a nice looking revolver.

Why is level 60 end game? why not 40? 50? ... 90? 100?

End game is the definition of ANYTHING past where you as a player have done all the normal things in the game like leveling and moved on to the stupid things, like multiple rotations in Endless or Trials. In an MMO it would be having done all the main quest chains, fought all the story bosses, and in Borderlands 2 it would be having done Play Through 1 and 2.

We have no main story line to follow, non sequential quests, very little mission Lore. There basically ZERO start point, so you can't just pick a random point in space down the line and call it "the end part of the game" anyway. 

Anything at all that's non Star Chart is not balanced for. NONE of it is properly balanced for once enemy levels go above 30, so you don't get to pick <insert stupid enemy level past 30 here> and decide THAT is "end game".

Weapons and builds just need to "function" well enough to get to the last rotations that drop Prime gear FOR THE FIRST TIME, not "to rotation X" where X is a number you happen to like the sound of.

The fact that the Boltor Prime scales so much higher then a Boltor is not a good thing to start with, so saying "there's weapons that scale even higher" is NOT something to cheer about.

Reaper Prime, along with Hate, are completely outclassed by Anku. I think the three should be  on par with each other at least. Reaper Prime just doesn't do enough damage to justify how slow it is. Where as Anku does more damage is and is faster.

Sicarus Prime isn't as bad as people think. It's an excellent status applying burst pistol.

I like Fang Prime but I feel it could use some love. It's the best dual dagger, yeah...but it doesn't have a lot of competition anyway.

Burston Prime is fine. Actually it was really good BEFORE burst fire rework. Only issue I had with it in Hour long T4s was keeping ammo but it wasn't that hard to stay loaded.

Glaive Prime still does the most thrown damage so...

I really think all the Prime weapons are mid to high tier, the way it should be. I dunno about Lato P and Skana P. Don't have them and the way people talk about Lato P I am guessing it really does need a buff.

burston prime is ugly af

Bronco Prime can hit 100% status and has ridiculous pellet count and firerate.  could use some buff tho, as the RANGE AND SPREAD really negates any possibility of it being overpowered

dagger range is generally hard to use.  On top of that there isnt much other than damage on the fang prime