Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Gender Skin Concepts] 160627: Female Nekros skin finished

arch111

- My fellow Tenno -

The topic of genderswaps or the choice to customise our warframes by assigning both genders, is very old. Probably as old as the game itself.

Dispite an official stance on this by Digital Extremes to not do genderswaps, but genders of similar powers and theme, the question keeps being asked.

If you want to comment, please do so on the skins, what frames would be great mirrors, or what designs you would like to see, for example A Male skin of Ember, or a Female Skin of Oberon.

As seen in the thread, the discussion turned bad quickly and I nobody wants that. Lets keep this fun and constructive, I know I will!

- What is this about? -

I had the idea to try and design a female Skin for the one I am sure most of us think of as a male; Rhino.

With awesome help and feedback from the community I came up with this equally powerful frame to mirror him.

femrhino_presentation_by_gaber111-d9gftk

- What's the Plan? -

This is the first one I have made. I have descided to tackle both genders and would like to focus on the challenging ones and stay away from the easy ones like Nyx and Excalibur, plenty view them as the mirrored-pair anyway.

The brief is simple:

Keep the main estethic but redefine it to read male. Stay away from tropes wherever possible.

- Some possible frames to do -

¤ Loki > female

¤ Oberon > female

¤ Chroma > female

¤ Saryn > male

¤ Ivara > male

¤ Mesa > male

¤ Hydroid > female

¤ Mag > male

Suggestions for the what frame I should do are welcome.

Thanks for your time.

- arch111 -

- Finished concepts so far

fem_nekros_2_by_gaber111-da7y07l.png

nova_male_skin_presentation_by_gaber111-nova_male2_by_gaber111-da00xi6.jpg
femfrost_presentation_by_gaber111-d9lilf

embermaleskinpresentation_by_gaber111-d9

malebanshee_presentation_by_gaber111-d9l

volt_female_skin__warframe__by_gaber111-

miragemaleskinpresentation_by_gaber111-d

femrhino_presentation_by_gaber111-d9gftk

Update 151121

- Female Frost Skin -

frost_femaleskinbyarch111_by_gaber111-d9

Update 151217

- Male Ember Skin -

24cd6d36a86b990d9c0ba248cc647725-d9kfe04

Update 151124

- Male Banshee Skin -

bansheemaleskinv1_by_gaber111-d9hsvyd.jp

Update 151122

- Female Volt Skin -

volt_female_skin__warframe__by_gaber111-

Update 151119

- Male Mirage Skin -

miragemaleskinpresentation_by_gaber111-d

After the first draft wich was very similar to the original, I toned down the armor, and redesigned the helmet after I got feedback on that.

After the second draft I got feedback about keeping the base helmet and not having such a muscular build, I slimmed the body a bit and gave him the default helmet again.

Spoiler

V2

miragemaleskin2_by_gaber111-d9h705c.jpg

malemirage_by_gaber111-d9h57m2.jpg

Edited by arch111
Female Nekros v2

It's not going to happen, and it shouldn't. They're more like characters than just regular classes.

You can not know that. And that is your oppinion.

Do you have any warfame-pairs to offer?

Fan concept art of Female Rhino = Neato, much like.

*reads discussion*

Please don't start.. Please. Why must it be said every time..

picard-facepalm.jpg

Because the Community is split.

That is not an excuse, because all it does is start flaming and backlash. By adding that all its gonna do is stir up another pot. Why is it so hard to read other gender posts and see how those go down? Edited by KJRenz

DE said no to this because of the work required for this, is too much, but that wont stop them from making an alternate gender version with same theme but different abilities.

Also nice concept you made but i doubt it will happen, but maybe sometime in future where DE have time and resources for it :3.

I really like the concept alot. I really do. But this discussion about gender swaps is so meh. I would still love to get my hands on a male nyx

or male saryn though. Still +1 for your awesome work and effort

You can not know that.

Sorry but that is totally wrong. DE clearly stated in a devstream, that warframes are actually characters rather than beings where gender and personality doesnt matter.

Edited by Venarge

That is not an excuse, because all it does is start flaming and backlash. By adding that all its gonna do is stir up another pot. Why is it so hard to read other gender posts and see how those go down?

I completely agree with this.

One side, the discussion is settled. DE said no. They know that a part of the community wants this, and they decided that they won't make it.

So the having a "debate" here is very much pointless. Maybe they'll change my mind, but it won't be because of the millionth thread on the forum.

On the other hand these debates always end up with people shouting and arguing. Nothing nice ever comes out of this.

So, if I were a troll and I wanted to open a thread that (1) serves no purpose, and (2) gets people very emotional, I'd open it on this exact topic.

DE said no to this because of the work required for this, is too much, but that wont stop them from making an alternate gender version with same theme but different abilities.

Also nice concept you made but i doubt it will happen, but maybe sometime in future where DE have time and resources for it :3.

But on your point: the work required for Premium or Proto is just as big.

It's not an opinion thing. DE have literally already said no to gender swaps on frames. It's more of a lore thing than anything as far as I know. The closest you'll get is Excal and Nyx.

Edited by -Mr.Meeseeks-

I see that the controversial and heated nature of genders never fail to dissapoint.

You all fail to answer if you want this or not, just that DE said at one point they rather make new warframes than just a skin.

What I mean is, they CAN change their minds in the future.

I dont know why this is such a sensetive topic that it brings out such negativity here -_-

It's an interesting idea, but it'd never happen. Alternate frames as a whole is much more reasonable though...

Sure, but we have no female freezing-frame, no fire-god or invisible ninja-lady or poisonous male or flying maleframe or witch that summons the dead yet.

Id like those too.

Relax guys. Take a breath.

So, to my more fun and interesting question!

What warframe would you like me to do an alt-gender concept of?

Think of it as a source of inspiration for DE to make a new warframe of the same theme.

Take Rhino here. We still lack a proper buffed female frame. Maby, just maby my artwork can give someone the idea to explore that.

A female version of Rhino that is not really Rhino but still a armored fighter. And no, I dont really count Valkyr, she is more a demon now.

It's not going to happen, and it shouldn't. They're more like characters than just regular classes.

But at the same time they ARE just regular classes, suits worn by a singular Tenno. In the thread where this originated there are people saying that the personalities would have to change with the gender, but I don't see any reason why. A male could be just as flirty as Mirage and a female just as dapper (or whatever) as Limbo, and the same goes for all the others.

Fan concept art of Female Rhino = Neato, much like.

*reads discussion*

Please don't start.. Please. Why must it be said every time..

picard-facepalm.jpg

Heh, my reaction when my discussion thread got hijacked by the "we want/don't want gender skins" people.

The problem with THAT argument is that DE's KINDA violated that statement with the Deluxe Skins model. If it weren't for them being attached to previous Warframes any one of them - from Gersemi to Palatine to Orphid - could have been new Warframes.

Unless DE wants to readdress the subject, this matter's back on the table.

Edited by Morec0

Are you even reading that DE stated they're just CHARACTERS. They're all gender locked whether it be male, female OR transgender. This is just over the top.

Except... they're not - not the individual Warframes anyway, the Tenno that pilots them yes. You're new, but play through Limbo Theorem and you'll see.

Edited by Morec0

I see that the controversial and heated nature of genders never fail to dissapoint.

You all fail to answer if you want this or not, just that DE said at one point they rather make new warframes than just a skin.

What I mean is, they CAN change their minds in the future.

I dont know why this is such a sensetive topic that it brings out such negativity here -_-

Gee you should like, read the other million gender posts on the forums and make an analysis of why its such a negative topic because its been answered, gasp, every..single..time.

Gee you should like, read the other million gender posts on the forums and make an analysis of why its such a negative topic because its been answered, gasp, every..single..time.

Fair enough. DE said they wont do it etc etc, yeah I know.

well, I guess there is lore behind the no gender blending thing

warframe are lenses of void power

you change how it looks, you altered the power

thats also why we had helmets that affect stats

Have to wait till U18 to know more about that. And you know, the whole tenno switching between warframes at will.