Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Freeze (I Can Still Hear That I Can Use Abilities And Shoot)

K0bra

Hello

I could fix some of my older problems and i dont get BSOD anymore.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/554174-bsod-and-fps-drops/

Problem is now i have the whole time quite every match on Neptune Triton a Freeze and have to kill my game.

It happens always a  little bit later in the match.Mag or Frost dont matter.Changed weapons dont matter.

From nowhere my game freezes.I can still see the picture like a screenshot.The sound stops short then i can hear it again.I can hear that i can shoot run around and use abilities.I can hear teammates shooting and enemies too.I can even die but the picture dont move on.

Nothing unnormal when monitoring CPU,GPU,Ram.All looks normal.

It happens quite every match on Triton and i lose everytime all loot. :/

What can i do?Would like to farm cores.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by K0bra

This happens due to video drivers crashing.

Problem is with the fact that distribution of load onto GPU is not optimal at the moment since drivers for both AMD and Nvidia have not had any changes done to how they handle Warframe ever since game got first release in its earliest beta days and to how game sends out tasks to the GPU threads.

This results sometimes in various aspects of your hardware locking up and thus crashing drivers in an attempt to alleviate the intense load.

A simple example would be like this: one core has had too much load on it so it shrugs it off and then picks up whatever it can actually load.

This kind of situation can generally be avoided by Undeclocking your GRU core and memory clocks as that way your GPU will have some more headroom before its limit even if it does an automatic overclock when there is thermal or power headroom available. By UC-ing you effectively create a cushion for the auto-OC.

Also check your GPUs for their ASIC quality.

It reflects how well does your GPU handle harsh loads and the higher its score the less it is likely to leak current effectively locking up itself.

---------------------------------------------

There have been forum posts about this issue and reddit community has experienced same issues so what i outlined here is a layman's terms explanations of what they came to say well as some of my own experience since i have same problem

I hope this helped ;=)